Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Birch Green 997.2 RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 656 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
I agree. That's why I made an offer yesterday. Hopefully they take it and I'm looking to sell my grey/black. OK, maybe I should keep both.....
Is it a 1 of 1? I bet it is. Go get that PTS car!. Your Grey/Black will sell...
Old 09-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by LehmanZ06
Horrible color.

Graphics of the 997.1 look STUPID on the 997.2

I guess 997.2 stickers weren't available to put on that fugly color.

If the PORSCHE factory could vomit........it would be that car.

#1........wrong stickers on car
#2........ugly, ugly seatbelts...(mine are Yellow, but so is my car)
#3.............looks like a lotus color

This car should be the cheapest RS in the country........constant upset stomach
Chevy guy! Vote cancelled 😉
Old 09-01-2019, 09:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,696 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
What is wrong with Ruby Star?
nothing and I will pay very large. premium for it on RS4.0
when I inquired back then it was not an approved color
as you know pink if my fav color followed by orange then yellow
Old 09-01-2019, 09:52 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 277 Posts

everyone STFU about this car.....the more we chit chat about it, the higher the price goes up.....just bumped 10K lol!!!!

Old 09-02-2019, 01:13 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
everyone STFU about this car.....the more we chit chat about it, the higher the price goes up.....just bumped 10K lol!!!!

Interesting. I guess they won't be taking my offer since they have raised the price $10k. We will see I guess. I gave a very strong offer considering it hasn't been pinned yet and there is damage on. the drivers door (big scratch from something falling on it in the garage). If someone pays more than my offer, they can have it. It's not like my grey/black car is a POS.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:29 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Interesting. I guess they won't be taking my offer since they have raised the price $10k. We will see I guess. I gave a very strong offer considering it hasn't been pinned yet and there is damage on. the drivers door (big scratch from something falling on it in the garage). If someone pays more than my offer, they can have it. It's not like my grey/black car is a POS.
Interesting. Thanks for letting the community know.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:55 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic

Thats beyond **** poor.

If you’re on here you seller, never post our let anyone know of your handle. Trust me, what comes around goes around.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:50 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 871 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by sixtyfiver
I may be wrong, but the same person that owned a silver / orange .1 RS that some discussed here also owned / owns a birch green RS.
Could be same seller?

Cheers
Old 09-02-2019, 11:25 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

IMO 230K is too high. I did some pretty intrepid PTS 7.2RS shopping before I bought mine. But if you have to have it life is short..
Old 09-02-2019, 11:33 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
IMO 230K is too high. I did some pretty intrepid PTS 7.2RS shopping before I bought mine. But if you have to have it life is short..
I agree. That's why I offered less than the $220k asking price. It truly will need $15-20k worth of work in my mind (I'm a little picky though). My offer has a 2 in front though which I thought was very strong. Especially since I said I would take it. as is, wire money and they ship car asap. Who knows, they might call me today and take the offer though. haha. I want a PTS version of this car, but I'm not a guy that is willing to pay stupid money for it. Maybe someone else will. Who knows. I would probably be more aggressive if I didn't already have a perfectly sorted out one already.

If I do get it, I'm going to take the GT3RS stickers off and put the correct 997.2 3RS stickers on it. I would also paint the calipers black with green writing and put in black seat belts.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:13 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

I agree. That's why I offered less than the $220k asking price. It truly will need $15-20k worth of work in my mind (I'm a little picky though). My offer has a 2 in front though which I thought was very strong. Especially since I said I would take it. as is, wire money and they ship car asap. Who knows, they might call me today and take the offer though. haha. I want a PTS version of this car, but I'm not a guy that is willing to pay stupid money for it. Maybe someone else will. Who knows. I would probably be more aggressive if I didn't already have a perfectly sorted out one already.

If I do get it, I'm going to take the GT3RS stickers off and put the correct 997.2 3RS stickers on it. I would also paint the calipers black with green writing and put in black seat belts.
does the door need re-painting or will dentless repair be sufficient?
Old 09-02-2019, 02:28 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

I think you played it right. An offer with a 2 in front of it is a very nice offer based on information I have 😉 it’s a rare color for sure but you know the dealer is definitely working that for all it’s worth. They know we are susceptible to over paying for PTS. Don’t forget PNH who is a pretty fair dealer once asked 349K for my car! They are ballsy AF when it comes to PTS. I also don’t like dealers that don’t shoot straight and on top of that raise the ask. That’s when I usually walk and say there will always be another car. I also know Doug pulled a Mexico Blue with matching Clubsport cage and 2k miles out of Canada for less than the Birch car. Keep us posted..
Old 09-02-2019, 04:10 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
I also don’t like dealers that don’t shoot straight and on top of that raise.
dealer? I’m pretty sure it’s the owner selling? Otherwise, more misrepresentation going on.

in all honesty, it sounds like a few of you guys have dealt with people raising the price after the fact..... I couldn’t see a dealer doing it if they’re worth their salt. I’ve dealt with some shady vw/bmw and ran from similar (not exact) situations.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:32 PM
sixtyfiver
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Seller probably got a lot of interest and an offer subject to inspection so he raises price looking for a back up buyer while putting pressure on current buyer to perform.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:43 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit
dealer? I’m pretty sure it’s the owner selling? Otherwise, more misrepresentation going on.

in all honesty, it sounds like a few of you guys have dealt with people raising the price after the fact..... I couldn’t see a dealer doing it if they’re worth their salt. I’ve dealt with some shady vw/bmw and ran from similar (not exact) situations.
My mistake. Thanks. I saw the ad and assumed dealer. And that actually makes more sense in regard to the price hike...

Quick Reply: Birch Green 997.2 RS