brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Congratulations! Any pics?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Medicopter
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Congratulations as well; the GT3 and RS are truly amazing and fun cars. : )
Old 05-02-2011, 06:42 PM
AGO
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a quick pic, sorry no time yet for a long photo session...
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2011, 06:53 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

an instant classic
Old 05-02-2011, 10:02 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Congrats! Perfect color combo.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:57 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Good thread, I'm about to do the same thing!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:01 PM
DLJ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AGO
Here is a quick pic, sorry no time yet for a long photo session...
Nice! One of my favorite colors in the GT3. What options besides the front axle lift? Driving impressions so far?
Old 05-05-2011, 01:51 PM
AGO
Rennlist Member

Here we go...

Color is perfect to me. Options were what I wanted: Front Axle Lift, Dynamic Engine Mounts, bluetooth (which works quite well by the way), SSP (sound is quite bad...), iPod integration, dynamic lights, heated seats, extended nav and sport chron package. I may miss a couple more but that's pretty much it.

Driving impressions: I get such an adrenaline rush from driving, the connection with the car is unbelievable (steering, brakes, engine and what a gearbox!). It does make my previous M6 like a big limo. Always searching for the right place to enjoy it...scheduling the first track day with friends (can't wait.. I wonder how the seats are with the helmet on). Mostly used in sport (I like the enhanced low end torque), unless in the neighbourhood to keep noise down.

It's quite ok to use it daily, front axle lift is a MUST to me. Sound system is very dissapointing, ok to listen to talk radio and as long as you can switch gears and play with the car it's ok (I miss the Logic 7 sound system while cruising at 75 - 80). A little less tire noise would be nice. Ride around town is quite good, better than expected bouncy but not harsh at all.

Got a lot of attention, people pulling iPhones to take pictures while driving, receptionist at my customer's places, neighbours and people that I thought did not care about cars. Nice topic of conversation...

But above all, the driving...you don't have to go really fast to enjoy as communication with the car is constant, almost as close to be hard wired to the brain as it can get while being suitable for DD.

More to come, this week has not been used that much as we have in Houston OTC week (offshore oil show), quite busy going around with customers and collegues in my Q7.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by AGO
Here we go...

Color is perfect to me. Options were what I wanted: Front Axle Lift, Dynamic Engine Mounts, bluetooth (which works quite well by the way), SSP (sound is quite bad...), iPod integration, dynamic lights, heated seats, extended nav and sport chron package. I may miss a couple more but that's pretty much it.

Driving impressions: I get such an adrenaline rush from driving, the connection with the car is unbelievable (steering, brakes, engine and what a gearbox!). It does make my previous M6 like a big limo. Always searching for the right place to enjoy it...scheduling the first track day with friends (can't wait.. I wonder how the seats are with the helmet on). Mostly used in sport (I like the enhanced low end torque), unless in the neighbourhood to keep noise down.

It's quite ok to use it daily, front axle lift is a MUST to me. Sound system is very dissapointing, ok to listen to talk radio and as long as you can switch gears and play with the car it's ok (I miss the Logic 7 sound system while cruising at 75 - 80). A little less tire noise would be nice. Ride around town is quite good, better than expected bouncy but not harsh at all.

Got a lot of attention, people pulling iPhones to take pictures while driving, receptionist at my customer's places, neighbours and people that I thought did not care about cars. Nice topic of conversation...

But above all, the driving...you don't have to go really fast to enjoy as communication with the car is constant, almost as close to be hard wired to the brain as it can get while being suitable for DD.

More to come, this week has not been used that much as we have in Houston OTC week (offshore oil show), quite busy going around with customers and collegues in my Q7.
what tyres are on it, MPSC or Corsas?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:27 PM
DLJ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by AGO
Here we go...

Nice write up. I enjoyed hearing your impressions. Nice color and great options list you have there. I'm thinking that the exhaust "sound system" is really the best sound system anyways...
Look forward to some more pics when you have an opportunity. Congrats and enjoy the ride!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:04 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 14 Posts

Thats a great choice!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:22 PM
AGO
Rennlist Member

Larry Cable,

Got about 1 to 2 k miles on PS2 (program car). Original MPSC probably wore out (or wanted a better rain tire)...I have still life on those, let's see how they wear going to the track...any reccommendation going forward on tires?

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT3 as DD