Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 RS WC Sport Center Section Muffler Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011 | 08:50 PM
911S4
Rennlist Member

Default GT3 RS WC Sport Center Section Muffler Bypass

I have been debating on what bypass system to go with for a few months now. I was in California last week, and had an opportunity to visit Fabryce at GMG who has one spectacular shop.
After speaking with him about bypass systems, I had the opportunity to hear their system in person and was blown away by the sound. It’s pretty docile with the valves closed, but when they are opened and the RPM’s climb, the car just screams some incredible notes which were music to my ears. I decided to go this route because of the phenomenal exhaust tone and the superior design which actually ties together the exhaust gasses from each bank of cylinders.

The quality of the welds and the craftsmanship of the unit is quite spectacular. Very pleased with the product so far and I can’t wait to install it on the RS.

Some pics:

Old 04-08-2011 | 02:44 AM
Nan P
Pro

Great craftsmanship!
thanks...

I heard a Sharkwerks Muffler Bypass on a GT3 & was completely sold. I'm considering either the GMG or Sharkweks. As far as I know both systems are very similar.
Old 04-08-2011 | 12:30 PM
chardonet
Racer

Got GMG. I had them install it. Top notch product and service. Don't forget to unplug the solenoid so you will be in Sport mode all of the time.
Old 04-08-2011 | 01:44 PM
Bford100
Rennlist Member

I met with Fabyice also and he sold me on the same for my 2011 GT3. Build quality and installation was great. Sound is unbelievable, especially with the solenoid unplugged and valve flappers open all the time. I really enjoy it!
Old 04-24-2011 | 12:23 PM
911S4
Rennlist Member

Finally got around to installing the GMG WC Bypass, and all I can say is WOW. Incredible sound and as the revs climb. This is how the car should have sounded from the factory.

If anyone is thinking about what pipe to get I would seriously consider the GMG product. It looks great, the build quality is top notch, and the sound is spectacular.
Old 04-24-2011 | 12:45 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

The "trumpet" design of the GMG unit might amplify the exhaust -- if you're tracking your car, that could be an issue. Perhaps they have add-on "elbows" or something to bring down the dB on the track?
I've seen a similar "horn" design where the left and right connect like the RSR, but I don't remember the brand. Maybe somebody here knows it.
Old 04-24-2011 | 12:56 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

maybe m&m from fvd?
Old 04-24-2011 | 01:56 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
maybe m&m from fvd?
IIUC, that's a center muffler. What I saw was just like the Sharkwerks "deletee" product, but the tips converged with the same appearance as the RSR. If someone was doing the whole RSR body (presumably more to get the wider track and suspension geometry) it would be fun to have the exhaust outlets resemble the real deal. For the purposes of an otherwise unmodified street car, I think the oversized outlets would be ... what's a nice, diplomatic description ... let's go with "disproportionate."
Old 04-24-2011 | 05:42 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

What is the tab for the GMG vs Sharkwerks?
Old 04-24-2011 | 05:58 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by triode
What is the tab for the GMG vs Sharkwerks?
I think they're both about 30% too expensive ... : ) ... just kidding! ... I think about the same +/- for each of 'em

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=153 $1900 + tips

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_exh...c9972gt3.shtml $2100-2300 + black coating?
Old 04-24-2011 | 11:08 PM
911S4
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
The "trumpet" design of the GMG unit might amplify the exhaust -- if you're tracking your car, that could be an issue.
The sound is subtle off throttle or when cruising at around 3000 RPM's. When the valves in the mufflers open, amplifying the exhaust sound is an understatement…..it screams. I really enjoy the sound at WOT from 4000-8K RPM's!
Old 04-25-2011 | 12:31 AM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
IIUC, that's a center muffler. What I saw was just like the Sharkwerks "deletee" product, but the tips converged with the same appearance as the RSR. If someone was doing the whole RSR body (presumably more to get the wider track and suspension geometry) it would be fun to have the exhaust outlets resemble the real deal. For the purposes of an otherwise unmodified street car, I think the oversized outlets would be ... what's a nice, diplomatic description ... let's go with "disproportionate."
A guy over on the other forum has the FVD system with the RSR tips and IMO it really didn't look out of place at all! His is one of my favorite systems of them all too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZoNI...eature=related

Quick Reply: GT3 RS WC Sport Center Section Muffler Bypass