2010 GT3 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 08:05 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,702 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by PBR ME
I dont get this! I read it ALL over this site,but just dont get it.

Why is it so hard to understand that a person would buy and enjoy a GT3 or a GT3RS, and not track it? I get that its a great track car, probably one of the best if not THE best combo street/track cars ever made, but that doesnt mean everyone will track them, or that those who dont track them arent using them "properly".

I have an 11 RS, and have been asked multiple times, "are you going to track it?" or "do you track it"... and my answer is , "Ill probably do a few laps in it to see how/what its is/can do.. but No, I wont track it."

I love racing, Ive done A LOT of it, and Ive driven all kinds of street cars on the track. Some much more capable on the track than others, but ALL street cars are a compromise on the track... and none are as much fun, or as safe as a properly configured race car. I leave the track cars for the track, and the street cars for the street...if you've taken your car over that line, then it SUCKS as a street car, if its still a good street car, then it sucks (relative to a race car) on the track..... I get that some people cant have both, and thats fine, I just dont get the "GT3s belong on the track" nonsense. If that were the case, they wouldn't have carpet or airbags or.... and theyd say CUP on the back!

sorry for the rant, I hope the OP gets $115 for his GT3!!
it takes years to come to your understanding and i am just beginning to see the light.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:26 PM
MGR-GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why is it so hard to understand that a person would buy and enjoy a GT3 or a GT3RS, and not track it? I get that its a great track car, probably one of the best if not THE best combo street/track cars ever made, but that doesnt mean everyone will track them, or that those who dont track them arent using them "properly".

I have an 11 RS, and have been asked multiple times, "are you going to track it?" or "do you track it"... and my answer is , "Ill probably do a few laps in it to see how/what its is/can do.. but No, I wont track it."

I love racing, Ive done A LOT of it, and Ive driven all kinds of street cars on the track. Some much more capable on the track than others, but ALL street cars are a compromise on the track... and none are as much fun, or as safe as a properly configured race car. I leave the track cars for the track, and the street cars for the street...if you've taken your car over that line, then it SUCKS as a street car, if its still a good street car, then it sucks (relative to a race car) on the track..... I get that some people cant have both, and thats fine, I just dont get the "GT3s belong on the track" nonsense. If that were the case, they wouldn't have carpet or airbags or.... and theyd say CUP on the back!

I couldn't agree more.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:35 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's like nightclubbing...
you are young and virile, you like the fast lane, you spend all your money on the latest gear and fashions......you get into clubbing...you start buying the music on vinyl, coz digital is not as raw.....you meet other like-minded individuals who understand your passion and hangout with you till the club closes...then you look for more venues travelling the world to find unconquered dancefloors.........you personally know all the top-name dj's, your life is a fantastic blur, you're LIVING FLATOUT and loving it.....
then you get older, you can't stay out late as you once used to.....your body takes days to recover from alcohol-fuelled revelry. your beautiful, younger friends got the new moves and the latest fashions and can outlast you on the dancefloor....you start getting more responsible, with family and bills.....you want to club, but after another few years of trying, you accept the reality of your own mortality and go out and buy a nice audiophile system and occasionally rock your old records in the comfort of your own home, with your wife and kids, showing them your old dance moves, and they laugh coz they don't believe your stories of how you were once KING OF THE CLUB and used to rock dancefloors worldwide........but you know better, and you, with xo cognac in hand and cohiba in mouth, are finally content.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:07 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Hmm, content... not sure whether to laugh or cry...
Old 04-20-2011, 12:30 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,702 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
you are young and virile, you like the fast lane, you spend all your money on the latest gear and fashions......you get into clubbing...you start buying the music on vinyl, coz digital is not as raw.....you meet other like-minded individuals who understand your passion and hangout with you till the club closes...then you look for more venues travelling the world to find unconquered dancefloors.........you personally know all the top-name dj's, your life is a fantastic blur, you're LIVING FLATOUT and loving it.....
then you get older, you can't stay out late as you once used to.....your body takes days to recover from alcohol-fuelled revelry. your beautiful, younger friends got the new moves and the latest fashions and can outlast you on the dancefloor....you start getting more responsible, with family and bills.....you want to club, but after another few years of trying, you accept the reality of your own mortality and go out and buy a nice audiophile system and occasionally rock your old records in the comfort of your own home, with your wife and kids, showing them your old dance moves, and they laugh coz they don't believe your stories of how you were once KING OF THE CLUB and used to rock dancefloors worldwide........but you know better, and you, with xo cognac in hand and cohiba in mouth, are finally content.
HAPPY 90th birthday to ya...
i am not far behind 85 this year.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:09 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

i'm not married though, so i gain a rebate of 20 years..haha
Old 04-20-2011, 10:54 AM
PBR ME
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mooty
it takes years to come to your understanding and i am just beginning to see the light.
and I'm not that old! Well, I dont look that old... I bet most people think its my Dads GT3 RS..
Old 04-20-2011, 05:13 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1. Couldn't agree more.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:54 PM
PBR ME
Intermediate

WOW, Really??? Colin agrees with me? I can die now! LOL
Old 04-21-2011, 01:24 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
no worries being the old guy in a p-car

old guy in the club??? yikes!

oh - well said PBR, and while we're at it, someone can PBR me too
Old 04-21-2011, 11:11 AM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, Really??? Colin agrees with me? I can die now! LOL
Wow, if I would have known that was all it took....!!!!

Yeah, it's freaking me out, too!!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:56 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
oh - well said PBR, and while we're at it, someone can PBR me too
PBR is a three letter abbreviation that can refer to:

* Pabst Blue Ribbon, an American brand of beer
* Parti Burkinabè pour la Refondation
* Partition Boot Record, same as Volume Boot Record
* Patrol Boat, River, a type of river patrol boat used by the US Navy during the Vietnam War
* Pebble bed reactor, a type of nuclear reactor
* Translocator protein, located at OMM (outer mitochondrial membrane), interacts with StAR (steroidogenic acute regulatory protein) to transport cholesterol into mitochondria, also known as Peripheral benzodiazepine receptor
* Petrobras (NYSE: PBR), a Brazilian oil company
* Photobioreactor
* Plant breeders' rights, a patented cultivar
* Plastic baton round, a type of non-lethal projectile more commonly known as the plastic bullet
* Point blank range
* Pokémon Battle Revolution, a video game for the Wii console
* Policy based routing
* Pre-Budget Report, one of the two economic forecasts that HM Treasury is required to deliver to the UK Parliament each year
* P/B ratio, a financial term used in company valuation, also known as Price to Book Ratio
* Professional Bull Riders, a sport, circuit, and company for professional bull riding
* Budget deficit, the amount a government expects to require in the financial year, also known as Public Borrowing Requirement
* Puffing Billy Railway, Melbourne, a narrow gauge tourist railway in Melbourne, Australia
Old 04-22-2011, 11:46 AM
PBR ME
Intermediate

Old 04-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
PBR is a three letter abbreviation that can refer to:

* Pabst Blue Ribbon, an American brand of beer
* Parti Burkinabè pour la Refondation
* Partition Boot Record, same as Volume Boot Record
* Patrol Boat, River, a type of river patrol boat used by the US Navy during the Vietnam War
* Pebble bed reactor, a type of nuclear reactor
* Translocator protein, located at OMM (outer mitochondrial membrane), interacts with StAR (steroidogenic acute regulatory protein) to transport cholesterol into mitochondria, also known as Peripheral benzodiazepine receptor
* Petrobras (NYSE: PBR), a Brazilian oil company
* Photobioreactor
* Plant breeders' rights, a patented cultivar
* Plastic baton round, a type of non-lethal projectile more commonly known as the plastic bullet
* Point blank range
* Pokémon Battle Revolution, a video game for the Wii console
* Policy based routing
* Pre-Budget Report, one of the two economic forecasts that HM Treasury is required to deliver to the UK Parliament each year
* P/B ratio, a financial term used in company valuation, also known as Price to Book Ratio
* Professional Bull Riders, a sport, circuit, and company for professional bull riding
* Budget deficit, the amount a government expects to require in the financial year, also known as Public Borrowing Requirement
* Puffing Billy Railway, Melbourne, a narrow gauge tourist railway in Melbourne, Australia
That was good.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:38 PM
C4S993
Pro

Did this car sell yet ?

Patrick

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 For Sale