FINAL DECISION........... GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 05:56 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

color should be the easiest thing.
it's personal. to me, if i have the "think" about the color, then i dont like it.
things i buy with reasons and logic, i always sell. things i bought on whim, i usually love.
dont buy cars with your head. you will NEVER like it.
buy car with your heart.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

I think Kermit green gt3 rs will go down as a classic.....it is by far my favorite color ever

Only reasons I went with 997.2 rs

Mooty car too good of a deal to refuse
Erik is a better driver than me, so I need advantages
I would never catch trakcar in a 997.1. If Erik can't do it I would have had no chance

That being said....Laguna car is the best set up rs on market
Old 03-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree w/Mooty. I original bought my RS over 2 years ago. It was the longest I've ever owned a car. I just fell in love with it. I bought the specific car sight unseen. But I had seen Green RS' before and knew instantly, I had to have one. Since that time, I've owned an '08 Audi RS4, '87 930 Turbo, '11 BMW M3 and now a '11 Range Rover Sport Super Charged. I also have my '10 Cup, which really makes having street cars a moot point (but I am very sad and actually hesitant to sell my RS.... given how much $$ and love I put into the car, I hope the next owner is someone I feel deserves and will appreciate and use the car... maybe GYMGUY's the one... but I haven't met him in person to figure that out yet). However, when the 991 RS comes out (I have had conversions with guys being used on the development side), I may get back in the street car game. Heard 991 will smoke all 997's.... even the 4.0 LE coming out.... but we are several years out on that.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
I think Kermit green gt3 rs will go down as a classic.....it is by far my favorite color ever

Only reasons I went with 997.2 rs

Mooty car too good of a deal to refuse
Erik is a better driver than me, so I need advantages
I would never catch trakcar in a 997.1. If Erik can't do it I would have had no chance

That being said....Laguna car is the best set up rs on market
Thank you for the kind words Izzone. Mooty's RS was a good call for sure. I can't wait to read about your first session in it! Plus, best to keep all you boys running similar cars... makes the race/chase even more fun and interesting.

GYMGUY is going to see my car in person next week. I suspect he's going to have 1 of 2 different reactions.... 1.) **** his pants and shake his head in disbelief as to just how badass the car really is or 2.) Not like the Green and move on. The anticipation is killing me! Hahaha
Old 03-27-2011, 06:19 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

"buy car with your heart."

RS is worst investment ever made and the best one. Green is my fav. Color.

Izzone; Gauntel down.. Bring it on :-)

Laguna; You have the car to own. Right history, Mods and color. I could not do PCCB but easily fixed.

991 that fast means PDK and other help. Even if I could afford, no interest. 4.0 manual with light weight stuff is much more exciting to me, but can't afford.

Real excitement comes from car with traditional well tested, raced setup but CF tub. 2020 or so.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:22 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
it's personal. to me, if i have the "think" about the color, then i dont like it.
things i buy with reasons and logic, i always sell. things i bought on whim, i usually love.
buy car with your heart.
That is very profound, and very true.

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
...However, when the 991 RS comes out (I have had conversions with guys being used on the development side), I may get back in the street car game. Heard 991 will smoke all 997's.... even the 4.0 LE coming out.... but we are several years out on that.
Don't you dare start that
Old 03-27-2011, 06:27 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

GYMGUY, please post. Meeting could be epic
Old 03-27-2011, 08:49 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buy car with your heart.
very true words.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:36 PM
GYMGUY
Instructor

I agree with Mooty, but I have not seen the green or orange in person, nor the blue w/ red. I've seen the blue on a cayman and loved it, but not the combo on an RS. When I started my exotic car search my heart told me I had to have a Gallardo, then I drove one and was not impressed other then the sound. I drove a used .2 GT3 w/ an RSS exhaust and had chills! I knew I had to have one. I love all three colors based on pictures, just wish I could see in person lined up, which is near impossible to happen. I figured someone on here may have seen all three together and could relay some feedback. I am super excited to see Laguna's car this week. I know I will know what I want when I see them in person.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by GYMGUY
I agree with Mooty, but I have not seen the green or orange in person, nor the blue w/ red. I've seen the blue on a cayman and loved it, but not the combo on an RS. When I started my exotic car search my heart told me I had to have a Gallardo, then I drove one and was not impressed other then the sound. I drove a used .2 GT3 w/ an RSS exhaust and had chills! I knew I had to have one. I love all three colors based on pictures, just wish I could see in person lined up, which is near impossible to happen. I figured someone on here may have seen all three together and could relay some feedback. I am super excited to see Laguna's car this week. I know I will know what I want when I see them in person.
Ive seen all three you refer to

Green is going to be the classic color
Old 03-27-2011, 09:48 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

green is fantastic, but so is the pumpkin.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:50 AM
D-Uber Cars
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

When I decided to take the step from my not so stock 6GT3 to a 7.1 RS a couple of years ago, white was my first choice. Then a green one became available.
Gymguy, once you see it in person, it's going to be a done deal. You might want to also bring your check book b/c the next step is going to kill you if you don't take it with you.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Porshapwr
Advanced

If price is no object then the 2010 naturally.

If price is a consideration, then the green 2007.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:40 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Originally Posted by GYMGUY
my had two orange.
my good friend has green and we parked side by side often.
i prefer orange over green slightly FOR ME.
blue RS. i HATE blue, unless it's maritine, mexico, riviera etc. but hey, it's not me buying the car
Old 03-29-2011, 02:52 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

buy car with your heart.
+1 follow your heart..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhq8wYPzMj4

Quick Reply: FINAL DECISION........... GT3RS