Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FINAL DECISION........... GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

If you want a car for the street/track go with the 2010 GT3 which should hold it's value better than the others and with just a few bolts should give Laguna's car a run for the money.

If you want a Track car Laguna's car is the obvious choice.

Mostly street or daily driver with occasional track days the white 08 GT3 in NY with 8k miles, a roll bar, some nice upgrades, great options etc.... at 77k. BEST DEAL on the forum but could/should of sold already.

Best deal on a track car buy mine for 80k and I'll take Laguna's hehe.

George my offer still stands
Old 03-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Good luck figuring this out. I wish I had your problem. My vote is the signal green RS if your planning to track your car...
Old 03-26-2011, 11:58 AM
afridi
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 03-26-2011, 12:57 PM
PORGT34ME
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Laguna's car looks nice, but what about the PCCB"S for the track? Laguna, have you had any issues?
Old 03-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Fritz Flynn
If you want a car for the street/track go with the 2010 GT3 which should hold it's value better than the others and with just a few bolts should give Laguna's car a run for the money.
why would a 2010 GT3 hold value better than .1 or .2RS? please educate us.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:42 PM
D-Uber Cars
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Laguna's. Think about how often a desirable car is set up correctly, has transparent history, is value priced and is available?
Old 03-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey Fritz.. I don't remember your offer... can you please PM it to me again. Remember, those nuts and bolts cost real money. Just to have the GMG WC suspension goodies + rear cage and seats w/belts is about $25k or so (and that doesn't include the Motons)... I have receipts to prove it. And even then w/stock dampers, the '08/'10 would still be slower in the turns. So for ($137K+$25K=) $162K, he'd have a great car that would maybe turn the same times.....for about ($162-104K=) $58K more.

PORGT3ME: As for PCCBs on track, they worked great. I never hit the track unless I was on new pads and at the end of each weekend, simply replaced pads and fluid regardless of how much life was left with new ones. This has kept the rotors from wearing down. Plus, I only did a handful of weekends in the car. Also, I never drove it w/TC on. If one was to make the car a full time track toy... Stoptech or Brembos for sure. As cost for new pads can add up.

In the end, GYMGUY should get what he likes best. It might not be my car. He has conveyed that it will be used for mostly street with occasional track time. I suggested he look at GT2's or Turbo S'. But I like how he sees the light and wants an RS. He seems like a good guy and should be stoked with any of the choices. And whatever he chooses, I'll be happy for him. As all these cars a amazing and we are really talking about things at the 10/10th performance threshold.

But when you reach a level when 9/10 is too slow and 10/10 feels right... that is when these details matter.

Last edited by Laguna_Dude; 03-26-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
why would a 2010 GT3 hold value better than .1 or .2RS? please educate us.
Education starts with reading. The 10 is an rs
Old 03-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

The 2010RS would be my choice, I'm a sucker for new cars and I'm fiscally irresponsible.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,853 Likes on 960 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Laguna, you have to revive the for sale thread under the GT2 GT3 sections..
And put it in the non-member classifieds.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Pablobravo
Advanced

Track junkie - Laguna dude green car
Garage queen/Weekend warrior - '08 Orange car
Both - '10 Blue car
Old 03-26-2011, 10:38 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Gym,

Budget-wise, if you are loose and it's no big deal, go with the .2 RS because it's newer, warranty, sweet, etc.

I like the pumpkin but it's because that colour really turns me on. However, even if only 1,000 miles, I think it's too dear.

BEST VALUE by far is the green 07 (year 07 or 08 makes NO difference). A lot of guys say that mods are worth little on resale, well that's crap. I agree that mods might appeal to a smaller audience, but for those that care, it's a huge deal. When you start to add the inevitable goodies, you'll soon realize that you are spending REAL DOLLARS, as was said above.

Don't forget either that you must be thrilled by the colour. Might sound glib, but these are three very unique, different and polarizing colours, and I'm sure one of these talks to you more. Don't compromise, you'll regret it in the end.

Good luck, and I can't wait to read about your decision and about YOUR reasons
Old 03-26-2011, 11:47 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
Gym,

Don't forget either that you must be thrilled by the colour. Might sound glib, but these are three very unique, different and polarizing colours, and I'm sure one of these talks to you more. Don't compromise, you'll regret it in the end.
+1! Do it once, do it right!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:19 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
Hey Fritz.. I don't remember your offer... can you please PM it to me again. Remember, those nuts and bolts cost real money. Just to have the GMG WC suspension goodies + rear cage and seats w/belts is about $25k or so (and that doesn't include the Motons)... I have receipts to prove it. And even then w/stock dampers, the '08/'10 would still be slower in the turns. So for ($137K+$25K=) $162K, he'd have a great car that would maybe turn the same times.....for about ($162-104K=) $58K more.

PORGT3ME: As for PCCBs on track, they worked great. I never hit the track unless I was on new pads and at the end of each weekend, simply replaced pads and fluid regardless of how much life was left with new ones. This has kept the rotors from wearing down. Plus, I only did a handful of weekends in the car. Also, I never drove it w/TC on. If one was to make the car a full time track toy... Stoptech or Brembos for sure. As cost for new pads can add up.

In the end, GYMGUY should get what he likes best. It might not be my car. He has conveyed that it will be used for mostly street with occasional track time. I suggested he look at GT2's or Turbo S'. But I like how he sees the light and wants an RS. He seems like a good guy and should be stoked with any of the choices. And whatever he chooses, I'll be happy for him. As all these cars a amazing and we are really talking about things at the 10/10th performance threshold.

But when you reach a level when 9/10 is too slow and 10/10 feels right... that is when these details matter.

Thanks George, you've been a huge help and I can't wait to see your car in person. The truth is the ONLY option for me is an RS. When I started my search I was not sure what I wanted. I drove Gallardos, F430's(not a SCUD), R8,Ford GT, and even a Murci. After a ton of research and driving all of these cars the RS was the most FUN! I also loved the 2010 GT3, but the wide rear of the RS sold me, so even though the 2010 GT3 might have a little better performance, I personally would still rather have the .1RS over the .2GT3. Now my FINAL decision is between the .1RS and .2RS. Both amazing cars. I love them both and there is around 30K difference stock to stock. I LOVE all three colors that I have on the table. The color is a harder decision for me more so then the 30K difference in price. I wish I could see them all lined up in person, so if anyone has let me know! Anyway, after driving most Exotics the RS is so much FUN in comparison! Keep the opinions coming, this is a great forum and has helped so much with this big decision.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:56 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

#1 - Laguna dude's
#2 - orange
#3 - others

Quick Reply: FINAL DECISION........... GT3RS