Dose of DE Reality

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 07:38 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911
Nope, not yet.

I was planning on getting a couple more events (especially Sebring) before I try out for Super Solo. I have 20 DEs under my belt, and wanted to do some more before I try to make the move.

I did 2:33 on my S last time I was in Sebring. My brake pads sucked, and the RA-1's were brand new. I think with decent pads and broken in tires I could have gotten 2 more seconds out of the car.
Your car is capable of a 2:25-26. Seek out some coaching with Chris Hall and you will be shocked and learn a lot. Are you at Sebring this weekend? I'm
There so hope to hang with you.
Nope, not yet.

I was planning on getting a couple more events (especially Sebring) before I try out for Super Solo. I have 20 DEs under my belt, and wanted to do some more before I try to make the move.

I did 2:33 on my S last time I was in Sebring. My brake pads sucked, and the RA-1's were brand new. I think with decent pads and broken in tires I could have gotten 2 more seconds out of the car.
Your car is capable of a 2:25-26. Seek out some coaching with Chris Hall and you will be shocked and learn a lot. Are you at Sebring this weekend? I'm
Nope, not yet.

Your car is capable of 2:26. Seek out Chris Hall for some coaching and you will be shocked, learn a lot and have fun.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Sin I have some paid for track time this weekend, we can use it for training
Old 03-24-2011, 11:09 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 719 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
My car was capable of that with proper pads and if the tire was in good condition. Now hopefully whoever will buy it puts it for some good use

I definitely need some coaching!

I will hit the tracks as soon as I get the new car

Originally Posted by Izzone
Sin I have some paid for track time this weekend, we can use it for training
I don't want to take the car before all the paperwork is done
Old 03-25-2011, 09:01 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,605 Likes on 744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfjan
What's "Super Solo", just curious?!

In Solo you have passing rules. In Super Solo, there are no passing rules.

I don't know if you have to qualify as an Instructor to become Super Solo though...
Special instructors only!
http://www.pbocflorida.com

By invitation only, self policeing, open passing where you both commit to only using 50% of the track, so no apex and no track out. You both go slow, so the wise thing is to let each other by with the optional point by. In other words no one wants to give up and you go 20 corners side by side ruining your laptimes.

So clearly only for the very aware and the people who have their car under control off line on the limit.
Most provisionals are not welcomed back, many are uninvited.
Quite elitist really, it works because you are very familiar with the low/slow/great/level of driving of the other cars, so being there for most events also helps. Until you are very familiar you drive around with an X on the car.

Cars and safety gear is also higher level then required in other DE; Roll bar seat belts, Hans, suit, gloves, etc. Cars pass a annual inspection and get a sticker.

Then again they let me in and still did not kick me out....

Speed is not essential, there are some older and slower divers and cars, but they are very aware of traffic and you can trust them when you place the car next to them in a corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlmkd4hnLeQ

Quick Reply: Dose of DE Reality