Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Brombacher vs. Sharkwerks

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:16 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

You wanna use one of my unshaved fronts on your backup set of rims just for Monday?
Old 03-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik
Looking forward to it already. Will try my luck on RA1's. Need all the help I can get against this onslaught of 2010's and 2011's. If it's wet, I'm phucked
A 2010 is a simple purchase away
Old 03-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Looks like we have an Atlanta crew that needs to get together. I'm in suwanee and would love to meet up. I just met atl fahrer last week and took him for a drive in the mountains. Hes a super nice guy
Jenk12m I agree 100% ! This sounds great as I would like to meet other GT3 owners for a ride up to the mountains. I am in Cumming right off of 400 exit 13.....if you guys can handle a Gen 1 hangin with you

I am good for almost any day, week or weekend except Masters Week, Weds -Fri
Old 03-24-2011, 11:31 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
Sharkwerks it the pipe I would use if geisha still around.
Both pumpkins had them.
Haha that's right... time to go old-school and MK1 again, no? I mean what happened to the TT Cab phase?!?
Originally Posted by Izzone
Giesha is getting a special trak pipe

she said her previous owner never beat her hard enough
Oh man ear plugs are on there way to you:P I hope you don't start her up before 9am:P
Originally Posted by malmasri
Alex is top notch individual, he stands behind his products and always goes the extra mile
Cheers Mo... and the rl gt3 community is so unique. It's honestly hard to explain just how much support, kindness, help, encouragement and more that you guys have given us. I'll have a nice personal-level announcement shortly to let you guys in on (no don't worry I'm not pregnant lol). Seriously you guys will be stoked:P
Originally Posted by DKP 97 C2 Coupe
To give you some idea about what kind of a guy Alex is: I wasn't sure if I wanted the "raw" or black tips to go with my bypass. Alex suggested, without any prompting on my part, that "he would send me both and I can just keep the one that I like better and send the other one back." And this was based on a couple of phone conversations with him; I'd never met or spoken with him before. It just doesn't get any better than that, gents. Quality products with impecccable customer service.
Ah seriously no worries I can't make up my mind myself hah.. even though it's just a Tip it's what you ended up seeing on the back side and I've had silver, black, ti and/or raw at different times. Shoes?
Originally Posted by triode
Is there any issue with Porsche denying engine/etc warranty claims because of aftermarket exhaust? Seems ridiculous but thought I'd heard something along those lines...
hey triode it's tough one to answer but I'll do my best... Technically _ANY_ modification can indeed void your warranty. Yes there are certain cases that companies will and do throw at you (the Magnussun-Moss act is the one I always hear of) stating that the car manufacturer only has the right to deny a claim based on proving the part has caused the failure etc... But I like to think of things on a more personal/realistic level... Modify yes but tread with caution. Be friendly, honest and up front with your service adviser at the dealerships. They're generally there to help you and some are even gear-heads like us. Many of them actually buy, sell and/or install our exhaust (and others). The reason being that it doesn't interfere with the headers/cats/02 sensors in any way and therefor is just considered a "muffler". There was also TSB released stating that changes in back pressure with an exhaust (meaning headers, cats etc.. and changes to the 02 readings) will supposedly contribute to RMS leaks due to vacuum changes. So if you're getting an RMS leak- and let's face it we ALL do have some form of weep/leak at the RMS on these cars (with or without an exhaust) - I'd either not worry about it or check with the dealership and see if they will replace it under warranty with or without an exhaust. Most dealerships have stopped replacing the RMS since Porsche has also released a TSB saying the "leak" is considered normal....

Sorry for the long-winded post and on my iphone (pardon the typos) but hopefully that helps
Old 03-25-2011, 12:07 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Haha that's right... time to go old-school and MK1 again, no? I mean what happened to the TT Cab phase?!?
===> haha, funny. i needed a more manly car.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:13 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
===> haha, funny. i needed a more manly car.
Like an M3:P?

You know.... I thought of the 918-edition 911 Turbo and...
Old 03-30-2011, 07:48 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2 cents on Sharkwerks vs. FVD Brombacher

Sharkwerks - have reached out a couple of times asking questions regarding various parts and packages, cause I live faaaaar away. Always received prompt, personal and efficient response. Prices are reasonable, products seem excellent, and judging from the feedback on this forum everyone is happy with dealing with them.

Brombacher - have had some interaction...

Catastrophically bad customer service. I mean really awful. Webpage parts/availability may as well be taken down. Tried to buy an RS wing; cancelled the order after 3 months of waiting with no response even as to when it would show. Website said 15 days.

Tried to buy fancy decklid scoops - website said ETA 6 days. Took 48 days to ship! Screwed up billing - charged me 200 euros extra for a shipping option that I never asked for. Still haven't returned the money. Sent me the wrong invoice; I believe for someone in the Qatari Royal family. I guess I could call him and shoot the breeze now that I have his phone number.

Asked a couple of technical questions regarding performance of a part. No response. Ever.

Quick Reply: Brombacher vs. Sharkwerks