BBS Monoblock RE 2010 GT3 - Spring Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by LuckyP
Hi Larry, no not a thick question.
Imagine large Scot in Michael Palin-esque gumbie look: braces, knotted hankie on head, trousers rolled up: DOES YOUR 9" WHEEL FOUL YOUR SPRINGS?

But you are assuming perhaps that because you SEE the wheel on the steel shod car, the wheel is fitted without fouling the spring, nor the liner on lock, nor the arch in compressed turns. I have been told this is the case, but I'd like to check for myself.
Aha, indeed I am ... I thought that since they came from the .2 that they worked on the .2 ... but I see your point it could merely be cosmetic.

thinking about this in reverse, what differs on the RS from the nb 3 that would allow this fitment to work better?

Don't introduce the complexity of the steels vs PCCB, I hadn't even thought of that!! Agghh
Sorry, in all likelyhood the component differences wont impact you ... I hope

Fitment trial at Fearnsport week Saturday. Pics and outcome to post then.
I sincerely hope it all works out ... cos they are indeed "the dogs bollocks" of aftermarket wheels!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:45 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah I was reading your thread entitled - "Warning and RECOMMENDATIONS-Offsets and rubbing-9" fronts on a 997.2 gt3"

That what made me post. It's gonna be tight!

Pete
Hey Pete, that was my thread... There was no info out and about when I was trying to work out what works...

They will definitely work with your car but the camber of 3 may be an issue. Considering you will be running 9" fronts, maybe you can fit 245s to the front and get the traction and turn on lesser camber?? Many of the guys on RL with RSs seem to be running in the 2.5ish mark, give or take... Just a thought... Good luck

Ps. In 19s the pccb vs steel is a non issue... You should have ample clearance either way...
Old 03-23-2011, 08:53 AM
LuckyP
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks guys - I guess we'll wait and see.

I maybe clutching at straws, but I wonder if with a forged rim the cross section in thiner and therefore their maybe some reduction in the overall outside rim width compared to a 9" OE RS Wheel???

I'm thinking about this too much, aren't I. Ha!!

Quick Reply: BBS Monoblock RE 2010 GT3 - Spring Clearance