Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Zone 2 VIR

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:04 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you all got the season kicked off in fine fashion. Fast track! Wow. Always hate to hear of the car/driver damaging off's

Must be nice to not have multiple feet of snow on the ground closing your route to the track...
Old 03-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rmag
Would have preferred Jerry Don't need to comment on the vid, as I saw it first hand all weekend.

Jerry is cool when your chillin but I can't think of one song that's suitable for track action. If you know one though let me know and I'll lay it down

There's a thing called bumped drafting...I would have moved over then.
The way you were taking oak tree I was seriously considering it because clearly the gloves were off

Seriously man I had a great time chasing you and thanks for the extra motivation to bring me up to speed
Old 03-21-2011, 03:40 PM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Here is my short couple of my laps from Sunday. Keeping with Fritz's custom, I added my own favorite sound

http://vimeo.com/21309291

Last edited by FTS; 03-21-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:57 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Fatih, quick hands! And aren't those gloves awesome? I got a set myself and love them!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FlyingToaster
Here is my short couple of my laps from Sunday. Keeping with Fritz's custom, I added my own favorite sound

[http://vimeo.com/21309291
Love the slide at the tree and sounds of of the P Floyd, good stuff
Old 03-21-2011, 05:01 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Fritz Flynn, nice driving! You and Ryan running 2:04's and a potential 2:03's WOW, just WOW I like how you can rotate the car like that. I used to prior to LSD.

My best is a 2:063. Ill have to put them side by side sometime, but I know I have to start shifting faster. Your video look FF compared to my shifting lazyness..

Keeping T1 tight is very nice. My T1 sucked.
I could not take T1 and Oaktree last time becasue my LSD was way too aggressive. Lot's of push everywhere, but made the rear nice and solid where you need it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goB2-lpQ88g (give me some pointers)

I think I can find a second or two at VIR April 21+22 if it is not too hot with the coaching and better LSD.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 03-21-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:46 PM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Fatih, quick hands! And aren't those gloves awesome? I got a set myself and love them!
I love it, they are so comfy with a lot of feel and never slip. I washed it couple times, and they still look new

Originally Posted by Fritz Flynn
Love the slide at the tree and sounds of of the P Floyd, good stuff
Pinky all the way

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
My best is a 2:063. Ill have to put them side by side sometime, but I know I have to start shifting faster. Your video look FF compared to my shifting lazyness.
Peter, I meant to ask you before, were you doing the 2:06s with R888s? What pressures you found working best for you?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Fritz Flynn, nice driving! You and Brian running 2:04's and a potential 2:03's WOW, just WOW I like how you can rotate the car like that. I used to prior to LSD.

My best is a 2:063. Ill have to put them side by side sometime, but I know I have to start shifting faster. Your video look FF compared to my shifting lazyness..

Keeping T1 tight is very nice. My T1 sucked.
I could not take T1 and Oaktree last time becasue my LSD was way too aggressive. Lot's of push everywhere, but made the rear nice and solid where you need it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goB2-lpQ88g (give me some pointers)

I think I can find a second or two at VIR April 21+22 if it is not too hot with the coaching and better LSD.

Thanks Peter

Most of my rotation begins off power then after I get it turned its power on followed by more rotation because of the momentum. This car is impossible to drive with a slow in fast out approach. So basically roll it in hot get it turned and hit the power.

My recommendation in T1 would be to enter a little faster earlier with some trail braking so it smoothly rotates toward the apex and then power out however you'll track further toward t2 out wide which makes entry to t3 slower because of the angle so as always it's give and take but whoever hits the gas first usually wins so I stick with that approach

At oak tree again it's all about entry speed and brake manipulation to assist the front grip and lighten the rear for rotation then power on and deal with it.

Have fun in April that should be a really good event and I'm sure you'll knock out a 2.04 or better
Old 03-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FlyingToaster
I love it, they are so comfy with a lot of feel and never slip. I washed it couple times, and they still look new

Pinky all the way

Peter, I meant to ask you before, were you doing the 2:06s with R888s? What pressures you found working best for you?
I used the 888s all day Friday and I think my starting temps ended up at 23fl and 22fr, 24fr and 23rr.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:09 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Nice driving Fatih, you guys are having a ton of fun for sure.
Music is good too and I can bare it when I can still hear the car, tires etc. ;-)

I run RA 1's. I like them much better, last longer then the R888's.
You guys like em?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Thanks Peter

Most of my rotation begins off power then after I get it turned its power on followed by more rotation because of the momentum. This car is impossible to drive with a slow in fast out approach. So basically roll it in hot get it turned and hit the power.

My recommendation in T1 would be to enter a little faster earlier with some trail braking so it smoothly rotates toward the apex and then power out however you'll track further toward t2 out wide which makes entry to t3 slower because of the angle so as always it's give and take but whoever hits the gas first usually wins so I stick with that approach

At oak tree again it's all about entry speed and brake manipulation to assist the front grip and lighten the rear for rotation then power on and deal with it.

Have fun in April that should be a really good event and I'm sure you'll knock out a 2.04 or better
Damm, so you ran those times on R888, even more impressive.

I agree with amd was trying like hell as you descibed above, I always used to go in with a lot of trail brake, probably too much, always a little too sideways, never any push (Came from Mustang) but the LSD killed it. No rotation at all. When I came of the track it was fully locked and banging. I've left it for a few events because I wanted to see if I could learn to deal with understeer, but it was slowing me down too much.

When I was running 2.06 another RS on slicks cought me a good 10 car lengths at T1 lap after lap while I was trying to do as you say...
They backed it off a lot and now I think the car is a good, I can start trail braking again.
Any of you guys running Traqmate that I can look at?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Nice driving Fatih, you guys are having a ton of fun for sure.
Music is good too and I can bare it when I can still hear the car, tires etc. ;-)

I run RA 1's. I like them much better, last longer then the R888's.
You guys like em?
888s SUCK!!!

In my experience they get too hot too fast and then you either need to come in or buy new tires so basically they don't last much longer than Hoos and once they're greasy they have about 1/2 the grip.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:23 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Ryan, do something about that mircrophone please.
If not Fatih has some good music for you.

Guys, post some data overlayed video, or it's not real
Old 03-21-2011, 06:25 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

In my experience they get too hot too fast and then you either need to come in or buy new tires so basically they don't last much longer than Hoos and once they're greasy they have about 1/2 the grip.
The RA1's overheat as well, I try to keep them below 36PSI, but even then they just get greasy after 5 laps. The RA1's last longer then Hoosier, we get them cheap and at least they have grip until they cord.

R888 are snot as soon as they turn into slicks.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Damm, so you ran those times on R888, even more impressive.

I agree with amd was trying like hell as you descibed above, I always used to go in with a lot of trail brake, probably too much, always a little too sideways, never any push (Came from Mustang) but the LSD killed it. No rotation at all. When I came of the track it was fully locked and banging. I've left it for a few events because I wanted to see if I could learn to deal with understeer, but it was slowing me down too much.

When I was running 2.06 another RS on slicks cought me a good 10 car lengths at T1 lap after lap while I was trying to do as you say...
They backed it off a lot and now I think the car is a good, I can start trail braking again.
Any of you guys running Traqmate that I can look at?
NOPE

I was running 2.08s Friday on 888s but in my defense the 8s were old and the car is still new to me hehe. I also only ran two sessions and drove my FD the other two sessions. The FD was probably running 2.06s with very old hoos

Saturday I mounted the fresh Hoosiers and I completely fell in love with Fiona. She was sooo much easier and relaxing to drive.

Quick Reply: Zone 2 VIR