Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Is this the harness I want? Schroth GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 08:01 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by rmag
Yes. GT3 specific basically means a difference in the lap belt attachment. See picture. It means you don't have to buy extra hardware (bk) to attach to seat for lap belt to clip to. Downside is if you drive car on street also you can't just remove (unclip) the lap belts for street driving.

thanks! makes sense now... but also has me thinking that perhaps the regular Profi-ii is a better choice over the GT3 version so that I can easily unclip the lap belts for when I drive the car on the street occasionally.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:59 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

The thing is with clipon lapbelts the doorside is easy to remove but the center tunnel is a bitch to remove and reinsert. I just push the belt out the hole and place it on the side. Also if your doing the Hans type the lapbelt is 2 inch diameter which is easy to slip thru the side holes. Mike
Old 03-04-2011, 10:02 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Also some orgs require u put a clip to prevent clipon from opening up- thats really hard to remove on center tunnel. Mike
Old 03-04-2011, 11:01 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
The thing is with clipon lapbelts the doorside is easy to remove but the center tunnel is a bitch to remove and reinsert. I just push the belt out the hole and place it on the side. Also if your doing the Hans type the lapbelt is 2 inch diameter which is easy to slip thru the side holes. Mike
+1

Just slip the belts out when not using and pile into the rear floorboard. Super easy. Anti sub/buckle will go between seat cushion and seat and hang in front out of the way. Seat cushion is only held in with velcro. Easy!

Schroth GT3 specific belts are by far the easist install at the expense of some safety/strength. Belts floor mounted to plates are the ultimate but not everyone cares to make the effort. I just did the Schroth specifics in my 2RS (only 20% track) with a BK harness bar but my 3RS (90% track) has floor mounted RaceTech harnesses and Clubsport setup.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,625 Likes on 2,310 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I'd say "no" because the belt pictured has a subbelt attachments that may require bolting to the floor which is not possible in an NA car without drilling and reinforcing. (I cannot tell for certain from the picture if the mounts are sewn or wrapped (which means they can be removed and the sub belt wrapped around the sub bar, they look like they are wrapped but I cannot be sure)

As for shoulder length, its difficult to say, but the Schroth's from their site will be full length.

I would go to the schroth racing site directly and obtain a Profil II/III setup which is not foreshortened.

You will also require the Brey Krause GT2 sports bucket sub bars for the seats in order to attach a sub belt to those seats R-9032 and R-9034.
i find that there's quite a bit of confusion on these belts. the attachment point one the straps are moot point. those clips comes right off. the crotch straps on the pic comes off, you wrap them on the sub bar like you would on roll bar.

on my race car, everything is bolted welded down.
on my dual purpose car my left and right lap belts have different attachments.

guys, this is a safety item. i dont recommend DIY unless you REALLY know what you are doing. i have seen way too many cars with harness on WRONG.

when you are on track, look at the relationship b/n shoulder belt to the hold in the seat then to the harness, over 1/2 of the cars i see are WRONG. and if you have long torso like me, then you would NEED custom roll bar done. i do mean custom as to made to measure.

there are TONS of harness variations.
1. where you want the buckle to be tied to
2. strap ends
3. pull up or pull down
4. 3" to 2" or just 3' shoulder straps
5. 2' or 3" lap belt
Old 03-05-2011, 12:30 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

^ Mooty just like to be tied in ^ne configuration : ). ^he knows his belts : ). Mike

Quick Reply: Is this the harness I want? Schroth GT3