Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 03:22 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fritz Flynn
Like Paul Newman said it truly is "Heaven On Earth"

Yep Mike is a super cool dude to do business with and definitely took good care of me.

And speaking of vids here's the tail end of that session where I found a clean lap from under the bridge to under the bridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRYUE0-HlvA
Paul Newman is right. VIR look like a hell of a track!

Nice video Fritz ... did the song in your video say something like "I lost my legs"? lol
Old 02-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
Paul Newman is right. VIR look like a hell of a track!

Nice video Fritz ... did the song in your video say something like "I lost my legs"? lol
Yep I lost my leg but thank goodness I had my busy hands or I'd of been spinning like a top.

I think the only lyrics in the whole song are:
I'm a sailor peg
I lost my leg
climbing up the top sails I lost my leg
shipping out to boston
to find my way

I heard it when I went to see The Departed and have loved it ever since which BTW if you haven't seen that one it's a most see but Leonardo should have walked away with the lady instead of........what happened.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:59 PM
ReadyKW
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Fritz,

I'm also an FD owner form RX7club. I've probably bought parts from you at one time (I've bought so many I can't remember!!). Funny, but I'm also pursuing an RS...wanted one ever since they came out. I have been doing my due diligence and looking for the right car.

After years of watching your videos and reading of your exploits with the RX7, I'm sure you will be providing this forum with lots of entertainment and in time advice, which I always found to be wise and constructive. I'm glad you got the car you wanted, good luck and have fun!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice work. Looking forward to seeing it at Zone 2 in a couple weeks! You better buy some new rubber old man cuz I'm coming for you... And a 2:11.999 ain't gonna cut it

Sounds awesome and send me your Traqmate data please. I'll send you some of mine.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paddy
Nice work. Looking forward to seeing it at Zone 2 in a couple weeks! You better buy some new rubber old man cuz I'm coming for you... And a 2:11.999 ain't gonna cut it

Sounds awesome and send me your Traqmate data please. I'll send you some of mine.
I think my 2nd or 3rd time out I may have shaved a 10nth or two so you may have to work a little bit before I flip you off

Can't wait for Zone 2 lets hope for good weather. I'm driving with BMW this weekend and will have some fresh/fresher rubber but the tire size is a bit different. The worn tires are 315 35 18 and the good tires are 305 30 18 so hopefully they'll be the perfect combo. You know lower the *** add a little rear camber and add a little weight up front.

I'll hopefully have some new rubber for the PCA event.

I'm really not kidding when I say this thing had NO grip and somehow I think this car is suppose to pull some Gs in the corners

PS I never turned the traqmate on but I'll try to fool w/ it this weekend. You'll have to give me a lesson in dealing with that mess.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ReadyKW
Hey Fritz,

I'm also an FD owner form RX7club. I've probably bought parts from you at one time (I've bought so many I can't remember!!). Funny, but I'm also pursuing an RS...wanted one ever since they came out. I have been doing my due diligence and looking for the right car.

After years of watching your videos and reading of your exploits with the RX7, I'm sure you will be providing this forum with lots of entertainment and in time advice, which I always found to be wise and constructive. I'm glad you got the car you wanted, good luck and have fun!
Thanks man
Old 02-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Just busting you *****. No worries, we'll sit down and go over the Traqmate info. I'm actually thinking about taking Peter's class at VIR this year. We'll chat more about that later.

Let me know if you want me to pick up some Hoosiers for you. I live less than a mile from Radial Tire and Paul gives PCA guys a break in pricing.

Quick Reply: My NEW RS 1st time on TRACK at VIR