Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that exhaust sounded good.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:54 AM
PBR ME
Intermediate

in regard to your Track video, I have a couple of suggestions;

1- keep your left hand on the wheel for GODS SAKE!! If your not IN THE ACT OF SHIFTING, it should be gently but steadily placed at the "2"!!!

2- Keep both hands ON THE WHEEL, and stop shuffling around!! Shuffle steering is one technique, but your all over the place man!!

3- dont mess with your helmet, your belts your crotch or anything else while your moving. at your experience level, you better make DAMN SURE all of that is "taken care of" before moving out on track.

4- please note how 70's and 80s aircooled cars are pulling away from you in the corners, and then stop spending money to make your car faster, and get some QUALITY professional instruction and make yourself faster!!

Thanks

Back to your regularly scheduled stickers
Old 02-17-2011, 11:06 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by PBR ME
in regard to your Track video, I have a couple of suggestions;

1- keep your left hand on the wheel for GODS SAKE!! If your not IN THE ACT OF SHIFTING, it should be gently but steadily placed at the "2"!!!

2- Keep both hands ON THE WHEEL, and stop shuffling around!! Shuffle steering is one technique, but your all over the place man!!

3- dont mess with your helmet, your belts your crotch or anything else while your moving. at your experience level, you better make DAMN SURE all of that is "taken care of" before moving out on track.

4- please note how 70's and 80s aircooled cars are pulling away from you in the corners, and then stop spending money to make your car faster, and get some QUALITY professional instruction and make yourself faster!!

Thanks

Back to your regularly scheduled stickers
+1!

Was wondering how long it would take before the OP's "cavalier driving style" would be critiqued....

His track lines, shift timing and gear choices are not a thing of beauty either...

All easily cured with seat time and "experienced" instruction!
Accumulation of both is where I'm at!!

Old 02-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

I kind of suggested he get to know the fast guys in slow cars...I was being more subtle. Bunch of jerks!
Eyes up, Omaha!
meanwhile I'll still trade you my 6GT3 for your car any day.

Question though, with all the money and mods you put into your 3, why not have just sold your car and bought a real RS?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:29 AM
peterbigblock
Instructor

PBR ME, just a casual observation: One should have their right hand at the two- or three-o'clock position, not the left hand. Unless you're really running a radical alignment!

I think you guys are being quite unkind. The OP likes modding his car. He enjoys personalizing it. He enjoys going to the track and driving it without (gasp!) professional instruction. So what's it to you? None of us is getting scouted for an F1 ride at our local PCA races and open track days. He's obviously enjoying the hell out of his car, which is the whole point. Answer his question intelligently or don't, but don't be unkind to a fellow enthusiast who's having fun and asking for some help from the forum.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:33 AM
IRguy
Instructor

Hi OmahaGT I am nearby Omaha and quite often on MAM (20 or so Fast Fridays a season) My new GT3RS will arrive in mid March, however I will still track my M3 during the brake in period. I am not a race car driver, but has some track and rally car experience. (mainly form Europe - I came to the US 11 years ago) I would be happy to offer some insights / opinion at the track. Whenever i can I will be at MAM, but only for the morning sessions - I have a white 09 M3 and the GT3RS will be white/red combo. (Black helmet)
Old 02-17-2011, 11:51 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris R.
I kind of suggested he get to know the fast guys in slow cars...I was being more subtle. Bunch of jerks!
Eyes up, Omaha!
meanwhile I'll still trade you my 6GT3 for your car any day.

Question though, with all the money and mods you put into your 3, why not have just sold your car and bought a real RS?
And this coming from the fella that hides his car under 10lbs of vinyl!

..... just sayin'...
Old 02-17-2011, 12:32 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by peterbigblock
PBR ME, just a casual observation: One should have their right hand at the two- or three-o'clock position, not the left hand. Unless you're really running a radical alignment!

I think you guys are being quite unkind. The OP likes modding his car. He enjoys personalizing it. He enjoys going to the track and driving it without (gasp!) professional instruction. So what's it to you? None of us is getting scouted for an F1 ride at our local PCA races and open track days. He's obviously enjoying the hell out of his car, which is the whole point. Answer his question intelligently or don't, but don't be unkind to a fellow enthusiast who's having fun and asking for some help from the forum.
You're right, people should be kinder, but I'll answer your "so, what's it to you?" question. Driving like in the video in the advanced group can be dangerous - both to the OP and to others around. Learn how to drive a stock car first before going crazy on mods. I know your Boxster has significant modifications, but you know how to drive, your lines are correct, you are predictable on the track, you understand the reasons for every mod without having people tell you about it or reading it online, and you know what effect the mod had since you drove your car stock.

Once again, ...
Someone, just "show us a box", I guess.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:42 PM
OmahaGT
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The lining of my helmet was obstructing my vision on that one run. It has not and will not happen again.

Air cooled cars were not pulling on me. I was giving them room when I wasn't near a passing zone.

Dropping weight and firming up the suspension made the car more responsive. Please explain how that is endangers you Kyrocks? Pretty uptight.

Last edited by OmahaGT; 02-17-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
And this coming from the fella that hides his car under 10lbs of vinyl!

..... just sayin'...
Peter, I'll trade you my car for yours straight up. I'll either leave or remove the vinyl...your choice!

I think the "instruction" comments were not made in a malicious manner; it would be a shame to wad up such a nice car while on track due to a silly driver error is all. Plus, that car has the potential to smoke most cars on track on any given day when driven well. That could quiet down Clifton...
Old 02-17-2011, 12:58 PM
OmahaGT
Instructor

Peter and Chris, I am very open to having an in-car instructor and accepting helpful pointers.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:25 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 210 Posts

I'll lighten up.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:45 PM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

OmahaGT, I think I owe you one... hope these help. If you need more, let me know.
Attached Images   
Old 02-17-2011, 01:58 PM
OmahaGT
Instructor

Originally Posted by JAMS
OmahaGT, I think I owe you one... hope these help. If you need more, let me know.
JAMS, JAMS, THE MYSTERY MAN!! Thank you very much!! It would be even better if you revealed your identity too. Are you affiliated with the restaurant "Jams"? Thanks again, Shawn.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:59 PM
OmahaGT
Instructor

I'm not as bad as these guys. Note the candy and crap on the dash. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuMTcrZpMFI

Quick Reply: Show us your box