Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 Tire Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:44 PM
kaamacat
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I just checked the list of available fitments in MPSS at April Launch, the RS rear fitment is not one of them and I dont have an availability date from Michelin (but I will try and get one)...

Given you only have 1k left on the rears I would say that MPSC is probably the right choice...
Thanks........ I was hoping for the SS's at some point....... Although the MPSC is one awsome piece of tire! I'd have to switch over to the Pirelli, for a little while w/o getting some feedback..........well on the feedback....thanks agian!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:46 PM
kaamacat
Racer

ALT Fahrer.....is that you Eric?
Old 02-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by kaamacat
Thanks........ I was hoping for the SS's at some point....... Although the MPSC is one awsome piece of tire! I'd have to switch over to the Pirelli, for a little while w/o getting some feedback..........well on the feedback....thanks agian!
I checked with Michelin; there are no publically available dates for any of the Porsche homologated N-spec fitments. For non N-spec in RS rear, looking at a year!!!

For all of us narrow body GT3 RS(not) owners, we will have fitments (not N-spec) at launch in April.

Sorry RSer's ...
Old 02-03-2011, 06:24 PM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts

ALT Fahrer.....is that you Eric?
Don't know Eric. I just purchased my GT3. Prior car was a 996 C4S.

I think we may have met at the Porsche Parade at the Governor's mansion last year - if your RS was the one parked up front
Old 02-03-2011, 07:13 PM
kaamacat
Racer

Nope.........I didn't know.... Was on a N.GA drive in November and one guy had a car that is a clone of yours. (I think in the area there are three white/red RS's....... mine has the red stitching in the seats....Dan's does not......then one other with some form of additional graphics on the hood)

Either way......good to meet ya!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 PM
ATL Fahrer
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts

Nope.........I didn't know.... Was on a N.GA drive in November and one guy had a car that is a clone of yours. (I think in the area there are three white/red RS's....... mine has the red stitching in the seats....Dan's does not......then one other with some form of additional graphics on the hood)

Either way......good to meet ya!
Same here. Hope to meet you in person at the next organized ride. Cheers.

Quick Reply: GT3 Tire Question