GT3RS Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kailuadog
Does anyone know if the 4.0 rs is going to really happen??
Nobody other than the CEO of Porsche (or VW?) when he puts ink to paper and presumably that's after the board gives an up or down vote -- no doubt this is all now set in motion as part of their end-of-life for the 997 -- but it seems like this 4.0 RS rumor is one rumor that has become more "substantive."

If history repeats, we'll get new news around the middle of the year and the car will be a mystery to the dealers until it appears as something they can order, probably without any details or order guide. Then it arrives unceremoniously sometime in the fall (autumn) in the USA, just in time to be of sweet FA use to track drivers. Still, some lucky, cashed-up customers will get one (presumably priced somewhere midway between the old 3.8 and the old GT2 RS) and some dealers will have phantom customers so they can order horribly overladen froufrou abominations that will haunt eBay for the next couple of decades.

The more I think about the 4.0RS and the GT2 RS, the more to 3.6 and 3.8 RS's stand out as excellent cars.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:49 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Inspiring and entertaining as always
Old 01-20-2011, 03:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

If it exists I think it is a GT3RS maybe with 4.0 and with all the bolt on suspension and low weight cool stuff and mandatory options for $180-210K.

It will make my crazy expensive RS seem like a bargain

They can probably get away with it without 4.0..
Old 01-20-2011, 06:49 PM
lhd7
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exotic classics in Long Island have an 07 RS listed at 98500.....
Old 01-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lhd7
exotic classics in Long Island have an 07 RS listed at 98500.....
An orange/black one with ceramics and 10K miles. I imagine quite a few have already changed hands under six figures when there's some miles on the clock. With only three months of warranty up its sleeve, you'd want to consider a CPO premium from a dealer and get those rotors inspected. : )

http://exotic-classics.ebizautos.com...d-6361262.html
Old 01-20-2011, 08:47 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
We all have our own way of walking in circles until we're comfortable to lie down in the same bed. The duration of ownership is "rationalization" -- not rational or rationale. The idea of "amortizing" the capital outlay over the duration of ownership ignores the cost of opportunity on that capital. Own the car for a day or a decade, the capital is destroyed as the ink dries. We're in rare, almost unique, market conditions of impossibly low interest rates and low prices, depressed by shear lack of demand and still some "distressed" sellers.
If my intention is a finite ownership of a few years, I'd agree that a lease is attractive *if* the parameters are in line (interest rate and residual). In the stratosphere of Porsche GT3/RS prices, many potential owners have the cash to burn and right now, cash is getting devalued every day (regardless of the "low" inflation rates currently quoted).

My point to the OP is that if he is willing to pounce on what is available in the used market, then go for it. The emotional side of buying new costs a lot more, so to me it only makes sense if you're going to enjoy spending the extra $ over a substantial amount of time.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:10 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by ron_dargenio
Old cash buyer's trick: finance the car and get bigger discount, pay off loan right away.
that's usually how i do it.
but dont want to burn bridges, if paid off less than 90 days (usually), dealers gets a charge back from lenders. they would really be pissed.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:48 AM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
that's usually how i do it.
but dont want to burn bridges, if paid off less than 90 days (usually), dealers gets a charge back from lenders. they would really be pissed.
That is correct! Thanks for the clarification Mooty

Quick Reply: GT3RS Pricing