Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Traqmate setup - please contribute

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:11 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,629 Likes on 756 Posts

I have it confirmed; Self tapping screws

The unit itself is under/behind the passenger seat. I use a Sony HD camera and HD module. not bad, I get 4+ days on a 32G card, but I would GoPro now, cheaper and simpler.
I hear that is what Traqmate is working on now..
Old 01-18-2011, 11:10 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Peter, thanks so much for the confirmation regarding the screw type for your display bracket. You just saved me hours of research and trial 'n error on removing my glove box!

I was chatting to an installer who suggested I tap the brake light under the dash around the brake pedal itself (rather than at the rear of the car, normally off the 3rd brake light). Anyone else tap the brake under the dash?
Old 01-19-2011, 03:36 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Off topic - but germane to the DIY stuff:

I'm looking for a good s/w tool to annotate photos (*.jpg) for these DIY posts. I want something dirt simple like Acrobat Pro or PowerPoint. Photoshop is on my mac, but I have nearly zero experience with it. I found that it does have a tool box for annotation, but it behaves quite differently than Acrobat. Any suggestions? Is there a plug-in for Photoshop that allows the same tools as Acrobat?
Big "doh!" on my part. I was preparing a MS/Powerpoint presentation at work today and noticed that I have the option to "Save as *.jpg".

I tried it and the cool part is that it creates a separate file for each page of the presentation. The bad part is that it reduces the size of the image. But, I think I can get it to be larger if I tweak the settings. Gotta test it out a little more. So... it looks like I can create some professional quality DIY instruction photos for you all!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:30 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

That would be great 24. Izzone and I are talking about tackling this together when we can confirm exactly what to do. Appreciate you and Mikymu doing this sort of stuff.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Originally Posted by deputydog95
That would be great 24. Izzone and I are talking about tackling this together when we can confirm exactly what to do. Appreciate you and Mikymu doing this sort of stuff.
Hey! I'm already head-long into my project _and_ my DIY for it. Here is my progress to date. I'm getting close, as you can see!
Attached Images   
Old 01-24-2011, 03:52 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,629 Likes on 756 Posts

Very brave

I see all those cable and just wonder what could go wrong.
last weekend first session, no Data. I plugged in and out a bunch of plugs and it worked perfectly all weekend.

I think the systems that gfo into the OBD plug are easier and can get you throttle position etc. as well. Orbit is threatening to add an VDO system next to the Traqmate to compare data, software, etc.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:48 AM
edwin814
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FTS
One tip: before you pull cluster D out and start tapping into electrical lines, disconnect the battery; otherwise you have a lot of unwanted error codes register, PSM, PASM, Sport mode failures, I even had limp mode engage on me. All clears out after 4-5 turn off/on sequence, but it is quite annoying. Disconnecting the batter will also lessen the chance of a short, and remember to ground yourself.

Bumping up an old thread...I was tapping into the ECU wire for the RPM reading for the Traqmate. I only disconnected the + cable from the battery. After I reconnected the cable, all those error codes showed up. After 5 on/off sequence with the ignition, the errors still there. Do I need to drive it, or have a shop clear the codes?

Quick Reply: Traqmate setup - please contribute