Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Spring Experiment started

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik
Good, I told Roger you might be calling. I'm still wondering why everyone including Moton uses the 300# difference between front and rear while the factory (including the 3.8 RS) and KW uses a much bigger difference.
Thanks, I sent them an email through their website.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:25 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Erik
Good, I told Roger you might be calling. I'm still wondering why everyone including Moton uses the 300# difference between front and rear while the factory (including the 3.8 RS) and KW uses a much bigger difference.
200 difference here. 600f and 800r
Old 11-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 101 Posts

Well, I figured I would follow up briefly now that I've gotten 2 brief events under my belt in the RS with the new swift front springs (392#), and the GMG bars.

The car turns-in incredibly well, and the brake dive and subsequent rear end "dance" was not something I felt really at all. In fact, the stiffer front spring really helps to mask an ailing LSD when braking straight. Trailing was completely different though, and because you could really lean on the front of the car, having pretty much an open diff on turn in with alot of rear bar is, well, entertaining. I actually had to soften the rear bar from middle to full soft at my second event, because the car was almost impossible to drive consistently hard, at my limit, with TC off.

The next round of changes will be to swap out the rear springs with swift linear springs (672#), using the new Tarrett rear spring hats, and rebuild the LSD with a 40/60 unit from Guard. For RA1 type grip, I honestly don't see the need for any higher spring rates, especially if you run the car dampers in "sport" mode. I have a sneaking suspicion that with a properly working diff, and some matching spring sets, this setup will be awesome with some fine tuning for my style.

Quick Reply: Spring Experiment started