New GT3-RS, they are still out there

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 01:30 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts

This dealer is guilty of misrepresentation. They have some hot chic pictured for the "live chat" feature, and I get some dude trying to sell me a car. What gives.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking at the printed options on the mobile site. Didn't look at pictures either. Damn sport Chrono. Seems like most of the RSes that aren't configed by buyers end up with that piece of crap. It's like Palin is running PCNA telling all the dealers how their RSes are going to come configured.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:46 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Car is worth 120k......if it had the right seats....

It has a bunch of useless options.......I guess all options on an RS are pretty much useless. They come perfect
+1
Old 12-13-2010, 10:19 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
This dealer is guilty of misrepresentation. They have some hot chic pictured for the "live chat" feature, and I get some dude trying to sell me a car. What gives.

Consider yourself lucky. I called a dealer who had a used one and got the hot chick on the phone. When I asked if the car had any paintwork, the reply was "What do you mean by paintwork?".
Old 12-13-2010, 11:19 PM
ELMEL
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are tons of new GT3 and RS cars around. Not at all hard to find.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:48 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars

Coincidentally, I was shopping local Ford dealers for a Super Duty a couple of months ago and after the "sales" person (actually someone with absolutely no sales in them whatsoever) was unsuccessful in coercing me into getting suckered into their ham-fisted attempt at closing a deal, he all but literally snapped to attention at the oh-so-unsubtle "nod" from the sales manager. Minutes later, a woman approached and offered to "help" while the other sales mope was "searching inventory." It would have been entertaining if it weren't so sad that a) this is apparently the best she expected of herself or at least what the current employment market had left her resigned to accept for whatever more noble cause, and b) that's what they expected of me or at least their average customer. I decided both actors were miscast for their roles and I at least, needed to improve the impression I was giving to cars sales types!
Old 12-14-2010, 12:10 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Coincidentally, I was shopping local Ford dealers for a Super Duty a couple of months ago and after the "sales" person (actually someone with absolutely no sales in them whatsoever) was unsuccessful in coercing me into getting suckered into their ham-fisted attempt at closing a deal, he all but literally snapped to attention at the oh-so-unsubtle "nod" from the sales manager. Minutes later, a woman approached and offered to "help" while the other sales mope was "searching inventory." It would have been entertaining if it weren't so sad that a) this is apparently the best she expected of herself or at least what the current employment market had left her resigned to accept for whatever more noble cause, and b) that's what they expected of me or at least their average customer. I decided both actors were miscast for their roles and I at least, needed to improve the impression I was giving to cars sales types!
Have you thought about the possibility that the miscommunication with the woman was caused by an incomatibility in your zodiac signs?
And if I may ask are you a Capricorn?
Old 12-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

In my experience when dealers spec GT cars, they spec it as if they were planning to sell a C2S Cab with PDK to a hairdresser ... they load it up (to push up MSRP and their %age) with no regard to the pedigree of the car or the potential market ...

Either, everyone on this forum is not representative of the GT3/RS buying market or ... all dealers are stupid ...

They even fail to take the opportunity of a made customer presenting themselves ready to spec a build slot for delivery ...

sheesh .... the entire dealer network needs to report for a good bitch slap!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Have you thought about the possibility that the miscommunication with the woman was caused by an incomatibility in your zodiac signs?
And if I may ask are you a Capricorn?
There was no "miscommunication" ... the message was loud and clear.
Capricorn? I had to Google it to figure out how "signs" works and yes, you're right! What's the story? Am I celestially cursed with bad vibes in retail sales?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
In my experience when dealers spec GT cars, they spec it as if they were planning to sell a C2S Cab with PDK to a hairdresser ... they load it up (to push up MSRP and their %age) with no regard to the pedigree of the car or the potential market ...

Either, everyone on this forum is not representative of the GT3/RS buying market or ... all dealers are stupid ...

They even fail to take the opportunity of a made customer presenting themselves ready to spec a build slot for delivery ...

sheesh .... the entire dealer network needs to report for a good bitch slap!
I think it's safe to conclude that Rennlist is not a representative sample of almost any car buyer category.

Dealers invariably fail the 'bird in the hand' common sense.

I think 2009 was the economic bitch slap, but they've just as quickly forgotten the stinging sensation and they're back to assuming the next sucker that walks in the door will be even more clueless than the last.

In defense of (some) dealers, I'd say it's rarely the "customer facing" operation that's at fault -- if the management were capable of organizing sales and marketing to be effective, then part of their responsibility would be to have the right people working with the customer and the right people ordering stock for inventory, etc.

Some of the local dealers are operating as if trapped in the mid 90's. At least one of the local dealers orders cars with "just right" options, but they still also very much as a reflection of demand. If most customers come in wanting the plush seats, black on black, shiny headlights and nav, then that's what they have to provide.

As for options on the GT3 and RS, given they're 3100lb+ cars, I think the 100lb in froufrou stuff is neither here nor there, but when the order includes things like red gauge faces, I think you have to assume it was a customer.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:18 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
There was no "miscommunication" ... the message was loud and clear.
Capricorn? I had to Google it to figure out how "signs" works and yes, you're right! What's the story? Am I celestially cursed with bad vibes in retail sales?
Thanks and don’t worry!
Your answer is a solid proof that my astrology correspondence courses were not a complete waste of time! I am still contemplating whether to pursue a Ph.D. or not…

Clearly that woman was a Sagittarius hence my correct guess. I will email you on compatible signs when shopping for cars. (Works on all dealers and cars except Toyota Prius ) : )
Old 12-14-2010, 03:54 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

BTW 911 slow, your avatar has gone downhill.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:30 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

BTW 911 slow, your avatar has gone downhill.
Severely. Will I have to request my thread closed?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:03 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Red gauges? Ick!
Old 12-14-2010, 10:39 PM
ELMEL
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's wrong with sport chrono?

Quick Reply: New GT3-RS, they are still out there