Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

I never see GT3's on the road around here...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 11:15 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
Just go to a track day, or Monticello Motor Club (always 3-4 of those there). People who own this cars around here have more than 1 car. I'm the rare few that daily drives (winter included) this type of car.
I am aware of the above ^

I am also one of "those people"...just prefer to drive the RS more than not...my 997.1 GT3 had 35K miles when I got rid of it.

the original gist of this post is that I am not seeing any 911's at all of any type on daily commutes except on rare sightings. This includes summer as well. Weekends bring out the usual exotic warriors for a run.

About to add the 997.2 TT (6 speed) and subtract the PTT from the herd (not enough driver interaction for me and I tend to get sleepy driving it, as it is sooo comfortable
Old 12-14-2010, 12:02 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CRex
That thing must've sounded glorious in the tunneled part where you took the shots.
Indeed

Old 12-14-2010, 12:52 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
in the NYC tri-state area. I know that there are many and I am out in my RS or PTT or C4S DAILY....occasionally, I will see a random Cayman or Boxster. We have stupid amounts of Peppers and I even see an old 944 quite regularly but almost zero 911 variants. I have seen a 6 GT3.... 3 years ago!!!

Where the "F" are all of the cars? ..it is getting so rare to see any type of 911 that I am fearing that there are thousands held hostage in their respective garages. WTF?? why are you guys not driving your cars

stepping off of my now.

signed..."lone GT3 in a land of SUV's and minivans"
They are all in CA and FL, where people drive them fast at racetracks, rather than exhibit them flat-out at a parking lot or cars w/coffee.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:53 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leif997
August....wow!...like a heroine junkie going cold turkey!! You must be really busy!

just took the RS for a blast before hibernation as it seems we will be seeing some of that nasty white stuff pretty soon...ugh.!! I hate winter....(and lets keep the comments from the west coast about your weather to a minimum!!)

I'll just have to console and warm myself over a couple of glasses of Aberlour...to start
Law School bud, you know how it goes

And well, our little 'get together' before it snows, is out of the question LOL... Shouldn't have spoke SO SOON, we got our unexpected snowfall tonight dammit
Old 12-14-2010, 01:12 PM
s4awd
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
You need to take a drive up to Hedge Fund, CT, i.e. Greenwich. You'll see plenty of eye candy.
Yup, I'm always around that area and North Castle in my RS. I'll only pop back on the merrit or hutch to get back home but usually i'm in the twisties in the evening when no cyclists or cars are around.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

Tons of GT3's up here in the great white north! IN fact there are no less than 7 2010 GT3 RS's plus about 10-15 other 997.1 GT3's and about 6 Cup cars (997) and even a 997 GT3 RSR.
I won;t even mention all the 6GT3's...
Old 12-14-2010, 06:54 PM
uptheorg
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your post suggests to me that we should at least do a "cars and coffee" within a half-hour of New York so we can get to know each other. Now that the cars are being forced to hibernate (they salted the roads a few hours after your first post!) we have plenty of time to plan it.

By the way -- where was your avatar photographed? Looks like you had plenty of company that day!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:57 PM
drkm3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is me. Thank you for pictures.

Quick Reply: I never see GT3's on the road around here...