Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 Control Arms

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Curious, what tires and wheels are you running for the track?
Haven't been on the track yet with this setup; just changed from stock suspension last month and have to wait for the gloomy weather to pass before I can get back on the track. My track wheels are a set of OEM 19" lobster forks, and I've been running R888s (which I think I'm done with once the current set heat cycles out, which will probably occur 5 minutes into my first session....) but have a set of MPSC which have 3 days on them from a road trip to Laguna Seca and will get mounted once the R888s are done....
Old 12-15-2011, 06:58 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Laertes
Haven't been on the track yet with this setup; just changed from stock suspension last month and have to wait for the gloomy weather to pass before I can get back on the track. My track wheels are a set of OEM 19" lobster forks, and I've been running R888s (which I think I'm done with once the current set heat cycles out, which will probably occur 5 minutes into my first session....) but have a set of MPSC which have 3 days on them from a road trip to Laguna Seca and will get mounted once the R888s are done....
Thanks...I use to run RA1 then those were discontinued and for the last 2 years I've been on R888. I find the R888 to be good if you keep hot pressure at no more than 34front and 36 rear...I normally run them at 32 front and 33 rear. But they do heat cycle out once you hit the wear bars.

This last weekend I put on a set of MPSC in stock 19" sizes. They don't seem to have the same grip that the R888 has in it's prime. Anything over 36psi hot and they let go real easy. I found 32/34 to be good.
Wear was good at -2.5 camber front and -2 rear.

I'm going to try out the Pirelli Trofeo next probably.

Quick Reply: GT3 Control Arms