What's my GT3 worth ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 03:16 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
the CGT points on a different direction (marvelous road car, while the Fiat is best enjoyed at the track).
If you were driving a Carrera GT and thought of it as a road car, but not so much a track car compared to a Ferrari, perhaps you were actually in a Cayman?
Old 12-07-2010, 03:42 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,398 Likes on 642 Posts

C GT- the CGT is fun on track, and so is the scud I'm sure. hell I took my old RS4 on the track for a few sessions and that was fun too...oh yeah what are we getting at...

driving on the track is fun!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:18 PM
LehmanZ06
Pro

Received 104 Likes on 65 Posts

KEEPING IT !

(Rad......remember....your promise to help me bang the *****.....oops....sorry I missspoke, I meant Rotate the stuts )

It is one sick pretty car.

PS.....while I decided not to run the car on a autox race day. because I ran it with what I thought was too much front neg camber, that I discovered on a practice day. I did however run a friends C6 Z06, and that wasn't a fun car to drive for an autox compared to my beautiful banana Gt3.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LehmanZ06
KEEPING IT !

(Rad......remember....your promise to help me bang the *****.....oops....sorry I missspoke, I meant Rotate the stuts )

PS.....while I decided not to run the car on a autox race day. because I ran it with what I thought was too much front neg camber, that I discovered on a practice day. I did however run a friends C6 Z06, and that wasn't a fun car to drive for an autox compared to my beautiful banana Gt3.
Must have had fun with the seats. Trying to stay in them.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
CJ, stick to that CGT. Avoid 918 Spyder, avoid 599GTO, unless you are really in love with these two.

CGT is the best bargain Supercar, period. Money doesn't buy a better car. I was close to buy one and chose a Fiat, but the Fiat is outstanding, and the CGT points on a different direction (marvelous road car, while the Fiat is best enjoyed at the track).
A certain Mr. Clarkson says, avoid the 599GTO, get a Zonda R.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:05 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LehmanZ06
KEEPING IT !

David, that car is better than you, you just have to learn to drive it. I don't want you to keep it, I want it for me. It's beautiful everywhere (even underneath). We'll adjust it in 2 weeks, I love working on it.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:39 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge944
A certain Mr. Clarkson says, avoid the 599GTO, get a Zonda R.
I don't like the recent marketing moves from Porsche:

- Calling the GT3 RS exclusive then making tons of them, killing resale.
- Cayman R
- Cayenne GTS
- Carrera GTS
- Speedster
- Lightening the GT2 adding more boost and calling it GT2 RS

Ferrari is playing with similar moves:

The F458: It's a pig, over 300 lbs heavier than the Scuderia, and over 100 lbs heavier than the F430. Some F458 are getting close to 3,500 lbs on the scales, that's as much weight as a 997 Turbo.

The 599 GTO: Essentially, it should have been called the 599 Scuderia, because that's exactly what Ferrari did, lots of carbon fiber, stiffer springs, sway bars, the Scuderia seats, the Scuderia F1 transmission, the Scuderia e-diff. Then they put a set of sticky Michelin Pilot Super Sport (you have read about this tire already) on 285/315 sizes rather than 245/305, and obviously they have fixed the understeer. Guess what, they placed a GTO badge and moved the price near a $500k tag, and plenty of people have fallen by this cheap trick.

However, both brands build two very nice cars, the GT3 Cup and the F458 Challenge, so as long as these two race cars continue to help the development of the GT3/GT2 and Stradale/Scuderia road cars, I'm happy with this.

Quick Reply: What's my GT3 worth ?