Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Press Release: Michelin Pilot Super Sport January 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,593 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL Fahrer
Just ordered a set of SS's from Damon mounted on the Ultraleggera graphite wheel set. Can't wait to see how they perform.
If you dont like em within 30 days (and you haven't visibly tracked them) you can return them as per the new Michelin PROMISE warranty.

Pls post your impressions I think you will like them.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:09 AM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The Michelins are coming! The Michelins are coming!

Most all sizes look to have shipped from Michelin and are on the way to our distribution centers now. Some are arriving as soon as today, with most looking to be in 4/11.

So, if you have been waiting until they are here to order, it's time to call me. Believe it or not, almost all sizes are settling in at being LESS than PS2's, too. You don't see that often!

Please give me a call to order, or use the banner buttons here on the site. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack.com
Grab a cup of coffee or a beer and check out Michelin's site on the tire. There's lots of new technology in this tire you guys need to see. It's full of great animations and videos explaining the advances in the new tire. I'm really excited to see these hit the streets. This tire really does look to be a great leap forward.

And for what it's worth, I personally IMPLORED with the Michelin guys directly responsible for the release of this tire when they were here to not turn their backs on any relevant Porsche sizes. Let's hope they listen. There will be more sizes released as they move forward.
Might want to mention to them that they don't make a tire to fit the GT3 RS used in their marketing hype. Just sayin'.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:37 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Might want to mention to them that they don't make a tire to fit the GT3 RS used in their marketing hype. Just sayin'.
I think Porsche considers this a car that deserves only a track tire. That's why N rated OE fitments are DOT track tires. Until they want a street tire on these cars, they will push to keep it from happening at the OE level.

You could always trade it for an 08 and a 305 tire, right?

I kid.

I do know they will be N rated on the 2012 cars, just not at the GT level..
Old 04-08-2011, 11:05 PM
nash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We'll be able to wear Turbo/C4S tires though once they come with that fitment, I'd assume. Rears anyway...
Old 04-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack.com
I think Porsche considers this a car that deserves only a track tire. That's why N rated OE fitments are DOT track tires. Until they want a street tire on these cars, they will push to keep it from happening at the OE level.

You could always trade it for an 08 and a 305 tire, right?
If I mount a 305 PSS in the rear of my .2RS, while keeping 245 in front, will anything bad happen to the car? I guess it will upset the traction control?
Old 04-25-2011, 03:50 PM
kaamacat
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nizer
Damon........ Has anyone at TireRack gotten with Michelin directly saying that we've got a few folks needing the 325/30-19 rear sizes, and when might we expect them?
Old 04-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,593 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by kaamacat
Damon........ Has anyone at TireRack gotten with Michelin directly saying that we've got a few folks needing the 325/30-19 rear sizes, and when might we expect them?
multiple times; Michelin are aware of the need, however that size is a pure Porsche (RS) fitment, so it actually depends on Porsche to a degree to decide to homologate this fitment...

do not expect to see it until 2012.

Quick Reply: Press Release: Michelin Pilot Super Sport January 2011