Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
nah, i'll just wear my IWC BP. 5002 & 5004
Old 11-23-2010, 02:22 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It's just boring watch these mopes like this **** and Clarkson where they have to have a camera trained on their ugly mug and then edit in long sequences of them blathering on into the lens when the audience just wants to see and hear the car being driven by a pro, not a drifter.

It's laughably pathetic for this journo to proudly pronounce the 3.8 RS is so good he bought one and then fumble around trying to find a way to explain how he was still happy with his choice (not mentioned in the GT2 RS review, but that's what he has previously claimed to have ordered or bought) while really lusting after the 458 -- apparently because it does all the driving for you. And the dead giveaway is the shallow attempts to rationalize his opinion that the GT2 RS at 620 hp is not all that big of a deal and left him a bit bored. ******.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:33 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
nah, i'll just wear my IWC BP. 5002 & 5004
too many timepieces, man. i like to have one nice one and attach myself to it, sharing the good times, the bad times and all the stuff in between.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:37 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Schmidts Cat
He did say, the GT2RS was more manly... yet he chose the Fcar???
he looks a bit more feminine these days, like he has had a bit of a makeover by kath n kym.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:44 AM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
It's just boring watch these mopes like this **** and Clarkson where they have to have a camera trained on their ugly mug and then edit in long sequences of them blathering on into the lens when the audience just wants to see and hear the car being driven by a pro, not a drifter.
Uh... but Jason Plato is a real professional racer. Before the Fifth Gear show, he raced in the BTCC (and still races I think) and several other series before that. Actually, he won the championship of the BTCC at least once. The drifting is part of the job, thanks to the show's producers. Viewers like drifting and all sorts of driving hooliganism. Drifting gets ratings, and a show like Fifth Gear certainly could use it.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:13 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by masmole
Uh... but Jason Plato is a real professional racer. Before the Fifth Gear show, he raced in the BTCC (and still races I think) and several other series before that. Actually, he won the championship of the BTCC at least once. The drifting is part of the job, thanks to the show's producers. Viewers like drifting and all sorts of driving hooliganism. Drifting gets ratings, and a show like Fifth Gear certainly could use it.
I didn't say this joker is not without credentials (even Tiff is required to do the showboating) but the point is to see the cars driven seriously, suspension loaded up, not smoke billowing from exhausted street tires while the car careens sideways around a turn at a snail's pace that would see a well-driven Trabant take the inside line for the checkers.

I enjoy watching the drifting (though most of these idiots don't know the difference between oversteer and drift anyway) but it has its place -- it's a niche form of the sport, it's not the only thing a car can do to be visually spectacular. Let's see less of the journo and more of the steady photography of the car in action, less of the blathering and more of the real machinery at work, the roads and the race circuits.

Exception that proves the rule: if we're going to get in-cabin footage of the driver, let it be Sabine Schmidt entertaining her taxi passengers or yucking it up ("push boy, push") as she "races" the ("sacked") Stig.

Okay, that's a enough bunny quotes from me for while.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:44 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Plato is an annoying overly aggressive driver and a show off. Everybody knows that. Nobody takes him seriously.
Tiff Needell taught all of them how to drive including Jeremy (not sure he got it) , and even he can't drift.

Tiff for class and Harris for the "my friend is hosting a show with cars" (before he got himself too attached with mamma Porsche).

Topgear UK for fun and the others only when it's raining and libido is down.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:26 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT

Exception that proves the rule: if we're going to get in-cabin footage of the driver, let it be Sabine Schmidt entertaining her taxi passengers or yucking it up ("push boy, push") as she "races" the ("sacked") Stig.
one of my favourite segments ever. her sunnies and her attitude were spot-on that day.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:15 AM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Goosebumps FAIL
Old 11-23-2010, 06:16 PM
roche
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
geeze.... he wears pam?
i will have to dump my 127, 217, 190, 000 ..... ugh
shoot me a PM when you're ready to dump that 190.......................
Old 11-23-2010, 06:58 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mooty's next

Old 11-24-2010, 12:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Mooty's next

the car: as soon as i win lottery.
the watch: yeeuuuu.... they cant sell the ferrari panerai's.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:37 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by roche
shoot me a PM when you're ready to dump that 190.......................
probably wont sell this one. i sold two 190's.
like cars, i like to buy the same things over over and over.
4 BP
6 127
3 217
4 000
Old 11-24-2010, 12:39 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

the watches are worse than the cars. i bet ferrari makes more money in the merchandise than the cars, per year?
Old 11-24-2010, 08:05 AM
YearOne
Racer

Jason Plato won the British Touring Car Championship this year and competes occassionally in Australia in the V8 supercars. He can drive and his views seem to make sense to me here, if you want theatre, flash and drama buy the 458, if you want grunt and wild buy the GT2RS. What the GT2RS really needs is to sound better from the inside.

Quick Reply: Jason Plato reviews the Big Daddy of Porsche