Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 ("SPECIAL")

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 01:33 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

quite frankly i'm having a funny feeling now. suppose i should feel pretty excited but i'm not. if this car is not coming i should be all happy with the PTS RS i ordered. good thing is i haven't picked it up yet. do i screw the dealer? i don't want to. but i don't want to be buried with it either...
Old 11-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 20C4S
quite frankly i'm having a funny feeling now. suppose i should feel pretty excited but i'm not. if this car is not coming i should be all happy with the PTS RS i ordered. good thing is i haven't picked it up yet. do i screw the dealer? i don't want to. but i don't want to be buried with it either...
Well, you ordered paint-to-sample, so you were getting a car for you, not for market resale value. If the rumored 4.0 car has any impact on the 2010 RS in the secondary market, it seems more reasonable to argue that it stabilizes the prices since it's rumored to be US$200K and in such limited production that it will be more of a trophy car than a driver's car -- few buyers on the secondary market would be changing their thoughts about the 2010 RS because they see a newer model at twice the price.

Subjectively, I'm keen to see how this rumored 4.0 or even 4.2 hot rod engine turns out -- if it has the characteristics of the 3.9 by Sharkwerks (higher rpm, higher power and higher torque across a wider power band) ... I'm thinking of a 997.1 RS with a "4.2" badge ...
Old 11-16-2010, 02:29 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Well, you ordered paint-to-sample, so you were getting a car for you, not for market resale value. If the rumored 4.0 car has any impact on the 2010 RS in the secondary market, it seems more reasonable to argue that it stabilizes the prices since it's rumored to be US$200K and in such limited production that it will be more of a trophy car than a driver's car -- few buyers on the secondary market would be changing their thoughts about the 2010 RS because they see a newer model at twice the price.

Subjectively, I'm keen to see how this rumored 4.0 or even 4.2 hot rod engine turns out -- if it has the characteristics of the 3.9 by Sharkwerks (higher rpm, higher power and higher torque across a wider power band) ... I'm thinking of a 997.1 RS with a "4.2" badge ...
make sense. i just want to know my options before i make decision. like i had no interest in the GT2RS, so i settled with the 3. in all honestly, do i want the 4.0 car? hell yeah. but i'm just kinda tired of Porsche of what they're doing right now. yeah i love the car, but i'm not so in love with it that i'll be losing 60k in a year with tax & license. i can afford the toy but i don't wanna waste money like that if u know what i mean.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm hoping it comes and I don't want it. I placed a deposit for one as a 'just in case,' but really hope I don't like it enough so I'll spend the money. If it looks like a Cup R or RSR then I'm in. If it looks like a standard GT3 RS with carbon hood and fenders, I'll pass.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:18 PM
BerryS
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jon:

This is *exactly* where I am at. I've got the deposit down, now just crossing my fingers that my dealership gets an allocation.

However, if it's just a warmed-over RS then I'm out. It better have major cosmetic differences + hardware upgrades to get me to bite.

Berry

Originally Posted by Jon70
I'm hoping it comes and I don't want it. I placed a deposit for one as a 'just in case,' but really hope I don't like it enough so I'll spend the money. If it looks like a Cup R or RSR then I'm in. If it looks like a standard GT3 RS with carbon hood and fenders, I'll pass.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:55 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

Geez, there is always a new flavor of the month car. Did you buy the car to drive or is it just a show piece and keeping up with the Jone's. Pull the trigger then take the hit when you sell so us poor folks can find good cars on the used marketplace.

Peter
Old 11-16-2010, 01:25 PM
BerryS
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Peter, if I indeed do trade up, you'll be the first I pm on my .1 RS.

BerryS

Quick Reply: GT3 ("SPECIAL")