Old 11-09-2010, 09:37 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Wink GT3RS vs Ferrari & U-2 Spy Plane Video

Here's some behind-the-scenes footage from the SpeedTV shoot featuring Kermit, U-2 spyplanes and a modded Ferrari and for those of you that _think_ you want our track exhaust you can hear how loud it is from 2 miles away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tNo3IqV8dA
Old 11-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,589 Likes on 2,335 Posts

just HOW LONG is that runway!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:27 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
just HOW LONG is that runway!!!
Hehe with the dog leg it's about 2.2 miles The funny thing is that the loud-**** F-car starts out being louder than ours but then the longer you listen the less you hear the Italian trash and the more you hear ours:P It just gets louder... I think it's basically a public service announcement to make sure people DO NOT get our track exhaust. It's too loud
Old 11-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sharkster
Hehe with the dog leg it's about 2.2 miles The funny thing is that the loud-**** F-car starts out being louder than ours but then the longer you listen the less you hear the Italian trash and the more you hear ours:P It just gets louder... I think it's basically a public service announcement to make sure people DO NOT get our track exhaust. It's too loud
all you can hear is both cars accelerating and accelerating into the distance ... seems endless ...

pretty cool that they let you tailgate the landing U2 ... "caution wake turbulence"

Old 11-10-2010, 02:33 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

all you can hear is both cars accelerating and accelerating into the distance ... seems endless ...

pretty cool that they let you tailgate the landing U2 ... "caution wake turbulence"

Neither of those two wanted to lift hehe... (Paul Tracy or Tanner). I figured hey... we hadn't taken out engine up to that speed before so that was as good/safe a time as any The Air Force guys at Beale were so into it and we had fun. That U2 can take off from as little as 600 feet! They showed me video of one taking off of an Aircraft carrier!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Neither of those two wanted to lift hehe... (Paul Tracy or Tanner). I figured hey... we hadn't taken out engine up to that speed before so that was as good/safe a time as any The Air Force guys at Beale were so into it and we had fun. That U2 can take off from as little as 600 feet! They showed me video of one taking off of an Aircraft carrier!
there used to be a U2 that flew out of Moffat Field in Mtn View ... it was amazing to watch ... you could hear it for miles around as they (I think) took off at full power ...

it seemed to climb at 45 degrees and just kept "going up" until you could no longer see it!

amazing plane ... especially for it's time ... kinda the 3.9L version of the spy plane, or was that the SR71?
Old 11-10-2010, 02:45 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

there used to be a U2 that flew out of Moffat Field in Mtn View ... it was amazing to watch ... you could hear it for miles around as they (I think) took off at full power ...

it seemed to climb at 45 degrees and just kept "going up" until you could no longer see it!

amazing plane ... especially for it's time ... kinda the 3.9L version of the spy plane, or was that the SR71?
Yup that's it! Almost Harrier VTOL-like eh? And the sound moves your brain around that's for sure... SR-71 is more of 1500hp Turbo but only goes in a straight line... Heh.. they had one of those there too but just on display. Still using the U-2 tho!

Trending Topics

Old 11-10-2010, 02:48 PM
CBejbl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice blacked out T-38s too!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:53 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CBejbl
Nice blacked out T-38s too!
Hehe yep! Those are "play toys" for the pilots to hone their skills and apparently whenever they need to travel
Old 11-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Hehe yep! Those are "play toys" for the pilots to hone their skills and apparently whenever they need to travel
tough job someone has to do it ... interestingly I think the T5 is a popular "ride" for such activities ... I think NASA also used them for the astronauts "company car" ...

Old 11-10-2010, 08:46 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Alex, next time take off the RS wing from Kermit for a high speed test.

I have watched the show a few times, can't get enough. My wish list has a 2007 Orange RS with 3.9 Shark power and custom gears, plus all the lightening I could do while keeping it street friendly.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:24 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when will it air?
Old 11-12-2010, 01:47 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

tough job someone has to do it ... interestingly I think the T5 is a popular "ride" for such activities ... I think NASA also used them for the astronauts "company car" ...

That;s what they told me yup! Those U-2 pilots wear the same sort of space suits too Even though they're rumored to be only going about 100,000 feet
Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Alex, next time take off the RS wing from Kermit for a high speed test.

I have watched the show a few times, can't get enough. My wish list has a 2007 Orange RS with 3.9 Shark power and custom gears, plus all the lightening I could do while keeping it street friendly.
Hehe yes that's true eh? We didn't tape anything off etc... just didn't know what events they were going to do until they did them. That was so nobody could prepare or stage anything I guess

Orange with custom gears would be slick! Snowboarder's dream right?
Originally Posted by roberga
when will it air?
It already did... here's the online version:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/news.php?news_id=165

Quick Reply: GT3RS vs Ferrari & U-2 Spy Plane Video