Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Another Front Lift Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:31 PM
911GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Another Front Lift Problem

I am glad I got the front end lift for my 2010 GT3--definitely comes in handy. But, does anyone else have the following problem: It always goes up, but most times will not come down with the button. The button just stays lit, and you have to exceed the speed necessary to get it back down--not always convenient or legal. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:22 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Suddenly this past weekend mine started acting odd too. I found that it was always displaying "LIFT" in the dash pod, but the button was not always lit. Sometimes I could push the button and I'd hear the familiar "whoosh" sound to let me know it was going to "sit". But, then I'd find it had somehow gone back into the lift mode after I'd parked it. I guess the sensor and/or electronics may be faulty. After futzing around with the car, I realized that it was "sitting" once I got the car above the (30?) mph threshold. But why it was going up on it's own, I can't understand. She's been in to the dealer to get it diagnosed and fixed.

I'm certain yours is under warranty. Take it in to get it fixed as well.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:27 AM
CorsicanBB
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine has a 3-month old 2011 model and described the same problem. His car is in the workshop to get fixed, but I do not have an update yet. Will post when solved.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:28 AM
911GT3
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the replies. I will check back and also update when I get an answer on mine.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:17 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Same thing with mine- sometimes it goes down with button, sometimes at 30mph. No rhyme or reason. It always goes up instantly though
Old 11-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,593 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Ive had no problems.... thankfully
Old 11-04-2010, 01:26 PM
IAortho
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problems here either......and I use it every day. Fingers crossed.......
Old 11-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wish Porsche would offer a higher lift like the after market options.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:04 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

No problem here, and I use mine everytime I drive the car for the pass eight months.

I do, always tend to ues the lift with much care... like raise & lower it when the car in slow and smooth straight motion, or at stop if possible. When the lift is in up positon, I try to drive over speedbumps or poor pavements with caution, not to induce too much stress to the airbladder and the lift system. Also, I try not to keep the lift in up (pressurized) position for too long, as soon as I don't need the lift I lower it back to down position, and I never drive the car up to 30-ish mph to lower the lift by itself.

So far, the lift works perfectly -- always goes up within two seconds, and lowers in just a few seconds. No mishaps. Fingers crossed.

Regards,
Old 11-04-2010, 09:58 PM
mkozink
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by axhoaxho
No problem here, and I use mine everytime I drive the car for the pass eight months.

I do, always tend to ues the lift with much care... like raise & lower it when the car in slow and smooth straight motion, or at stop if possible. When the lift is in up positon, I try to drive over speedbumps or poor pavements with caution, not to induce too much stress to the airbladder and the lift system. Also, I try not to keep the lift in up (pressurized) position for too long, as soon as I don't need the lift I lower it back to down position, and I never drive the car up to 30-ish mph to lower the lift by itself.

So far, the lift works perfectly -- always goes up within two seconds, and lowers in just a few seconds. No mishaps. Fingers crossed.

Regards,
I share the same experience with axhoaxho. Perhaps I am not as disciplined as axhoaxho but I have only had the car for a short time. When I first used the lift I was impatient and mistakenly pushed the button more than once while it was raising or lowering. This tended to confuse the system and caused the lift to stay in the raised position until driven over 30 mph. At that point the lift would lower, the "lift" display on the dash would extinguish and the light on the lift button would go out. Since that initial experience I now push the lift button once and wait since there is a delay for the "lift" on the dash display to illuminate until the complete raised position is reached. After the "lift" light is displayed I negotiate the obstacle for which the lift was engaged and either press the lift button once to lower the front end or simply drive on if I intend to exceed 30 mph. Pretty straight forward but patience is the key to resisting the temptation to press the lift button again before the lift process is completed, ~2-3 seconds.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:34 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine has the same issue. Its like it gets out of sequence or something. I always stop or I am going slow when I engage.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:33 AM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

If erection lasts more than 4 hours, get medical help right away.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:54 AM
johnr265
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

For me, the lift goes up but the lift sign on dash doesn't come on. You cannot lower the lift with the button until the dash indicator comes on. It appears that in my cars case, I NEED to hit a bump before the light comes on. It is clearly a problem with the lift sensor not indicating when the car is fully up and the bump jostles it to trigger it. Not all systems require this. Not sure if it's a calibration issue or sensor issue. My dealer is working on it but is so far stumped.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:49 PM
911GT3
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the posts. It seems my light just takes a while to come up on the dash. Once it is there, if I keep my speed steady, and hit the button just once, the familiar Wheeeesh appears and the light goes off. I guess the car just makes me want to do everything fast! Patience grasshopper.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Scott997
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sometimes mine will not go down right away either.

Quick Reply: Another Front Lift Problem