WTB: GT2 seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010 | 08:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
i dont have the car/seat to measure.
but it 's for sure narrower in every dimension then Evo2
however, i see a lot of 200lbs + guys fitting in just fine.
I'm 260 and 6'1" and I found the sports buckets a vast improvement over the 996 GT3 recaros ...

they only downside is getting in and out over the side bolsters, invariably getting it I would end up inadvertantly having accidential, unintentional, and unsuccessful **** sex with the seat belt recepticle ... nff said ... otherwise the seats are wonderful ...
Old 11-03-2010 | 10:00 PM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TAI2
I found a very slightly used pair in leather for $6K. I just got a picture with dimensions and they indicate that the seats are 14" wide in the center of the seating area? That seems really narrow. My Evo 2's are 15-16" across and fit just right.

Hey "silverboy", can you measure your seats for me and let me know what the seat cushion dimensions are? Thanks.

Tom
Dimensions are: bottom 12", middle 14" and top 16".
Old 11-03-2010 | 10:20 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys!!

I am going for a fit check tomorrow as my local P dealer just got a 2011 GT3-RS in stock, and it has these seats. MY WIFE IS VERY WORRIED (as she should be). I'll take some pictures if they let me and post.

I love this website and Forum!!
Old 11-04-2010 | 06:57 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Well, the seats fit just right, except that the loop holes for harnesses are below my shoulders. Crap, this is NG. Oh well. I'll just get regular racing buckets and slide the seat fwd to get stuff in the back. I saw a nice pair of 997 GT3 buckets on a UK web site. Have not seen them in the USA yet but I'll start my search.

If any of you know where to get these, please let me know. Thanls for all your help gang.
Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2010 | 07:14 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Well, the seats fit just right, except that the loop holes for harnesses are below my shoulders. Crap, this is NG. Oh well. I'll just get regular racing buckets and slide the seat fwd to get stuff in the back. I saw a nice pair of 997 GT3 buckets on a UK web site. Have not seen them in the USA yet but I'll start my search.

If any of you know where to get these, please let me know. Thanls for all your help gang.
oh man ... those are going to COST you... about twice what the sports buckets cost!!!
Old 11-04-2010 | 07:15 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys!!

I am going for a fit check tomorrow as my local P dealer just got a 2011 GT3-RS in stock, and it has these seats. MY WIFE IS VERY WORRIED (as she should be). I'll take some pictures if they let me and post.

I love this website and Forum!!
is the dealer selling these seats???
Old 11-04-2010 | 07:17 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by silverboy
I LOVE the seats Larry...thanks!

Btw, I noticed the center cushions are not in alcantara. I guess you swapped before you sold em.
are you sure? - I thought they were, I didn't swap them!!! maybe I am confusing with my 996 GT3 buckets which I had a set of alacantaras from gert @ carnewal???
Old 11-04-2010 | 08:22 PM
NYC_Z06
Advanced

Default Seats

I've seen seat like those being offered by a vendor on a different forum. NOT OEM. PM me for details. Don't wanna offend the moderators.

Old 11-04-2010 | 08:30 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Champion has a set posted on 6speed for sale...$4.9k with alcantara inserts...FYI

wsh
Old 11-04-2010 | 09:16 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Thanks everyone.

For those interested. There is a P dealer in Chicago with a set of leather GT2 seats for sale at $5.9K. They were in a customers car for 2 weeks...... They are selling via ebay;

"Porsche Carbon Fiber Foldable Sport Bucket Seat Set
Porsche 911 Carrera 997 Boxter Cayment 987 GT2 GT3 RS"

Yeah I saw the clones. Not interested unless they are FIA as my butt will be in them at the track. I completely totaled a car at Watkins Glen and all the safety stuff kept me safe and alive. Yes, I see that the real 997 GT3 ones are super expensive. I'll just keep searching as my season is over.

Tom
Old 11-04-2010 | 09:38 PM
mkozink
Rennlist Member

PM sent
Old 11-05-2010 | 06:00 PM
SCAN Automotive
Rennlist Member

I have a set of GT2's for sale, but they are in Vancouver, BC. PM me if you're interested.

I definitely wouldn't recommend any 'replica' seats. They are nowhere near as safe, don't fit like factory, aren't nearly as comfortable as factory. Trust me, I've seen what happens in an accident with replica's, and you don't want to be the guy sitting there when it happens.

My advice, never, ever skimp on spending money on safety equipment. The price of admission pales in comparison to the cost of what can happen to you in the event of an 'incident'.
Old 11-06-2010 | 12:20 AM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Thanks pal. The loop holes are too low for me (they are below my shoulders which is NG). Thanks anyway.

I completely agree about never ever cutting corners for safety. I had a pretty dramatic crash at a DE at the Glen in September and came out without scratch. This is only because the engineers at Porsche, Schroth, Sparco, DAS, Hans and Bell did their jobs.

I tracked out too far coming out of the Carousel, the loaded side of the car jumped in the air 6-8" after going onto the second set of rumble strips (the turtles), I spun accross the track and hit the sand barriers which launched me in the air, bounced off the top of the Armco a couple of times while doing a 360 in the air and bounced and landed back on the track. Car is gone - I walked away - literally. I will never ever go cheap on safety equipment.

Tom
Old 11-06-2010 | 12:22 AM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

BTW Scan Automotive, very nice car. Where did you get the chin spoiler? Thanks.
Old 11-06-2010 | 05:45 PM
SCAN Automotive
Rennlist Member

BTW Scan Automotive, very nice car. Where did you get the chin spoiler? Thanks.
Thanks! The Boxster's front bumper is from a 99-01 996, and it has some added lower from lip. The manufacturer was a German company as I recall, and it fit pretty well. I bought the whole front bumper / spoiler used from a guy, so unfortunately I couldn't say exactly where the part came from originally.

Quick Reply: WTB: GT2 seats