Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Help Left tire rubbing control arm

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010 | 01:06 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Question Help Left tire rubbing control arm

I have recently fitted the trofeos on my GT2 with the stock porsche sizes , but the tires seem a little higher than the MSPC and Corsa's , After a few laps on the track i noticed that my left tire was producing a sound and felt unstable when i took a right hand turn , after that i heard a loud sound when i turn full right even at idle speed.

I inspected the car on a life and it appears the that tire is rubbing the inner control arm at full steering lock.

My car has -3 neg camber. i assume if it was the tires cause it would of happend on both sides

Maybe the left tire camber went out of spec and increased? which caused the rubbing?

Any thoughts on how to solve the problem?
Old 10-23-2010 | 07:10 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

if one of the components in your suspension is defective or loose then it will increase the articulation of the wheel under load or turning...I would check for a leaking or faulty shock, as a failure could basically lean or roll the car to the left.

barring a bad shock, I'd look at a loose arm or component that potentially has shifted position
Old 10-23-2010 | 07:37 PM
TTurbine
Pro

C.J , Thanks for your reply , I just installed Mantheys KW shocks 2 months ago , The left shock seems fine to me at the track , the only problem full turn right on idle speed or almost 2/4ths , or when i take right hand corners i can feel the rubbing and vibration of the tire.

I suspect that the camber went out of spec and increased , which is causing the inner tire to rub the control arm?

I will take it to my clueless dealer tommorow to see if there are any parts loose

Quick Reply: Help Left tire rubbing control arm