Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Harry's LapTimer Pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 05:38 PM
gstahl
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Was using HLTP and it worked great, then I did something funky and it does not auto start. Reloaded the track, etc. just goes to the lap list. Strange, worked beautifully then I did something. Any hints for Harry or others?

thanks.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:14 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any conflicts when you select the Lap List (red exclamation mark)?What about your GPS signal, is it green? Any error message?

- Harry
Old 11-25-2011, 07:58 PM
jbxea1
Advanced

I tried HLTP recently when my PerformanceBox stopped functioning. I was blown away by the performance for $20. I used the Emprum GPS and the Satechi mount. The app worked exactly as advertised from the first lap. Lap timing functionality was great and video was good except that it only records every other lap. One request I would have for Harry would be to make the decimals larger in the "Timer" screen. Although the fractional seconds are displayed, they are hard to see with a quick glance because they are in a much smaller font than the minutes and full seconds. Ideally, I would like a screen that showed current lap in large font plus best lap and max velocity in small font. Also, it would be great to see an "ideal" lap time, where the best split times from all the laps are combined to produce a theoretical best lap.

Thanks for making a great product.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:08 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jbxea1
Also, it would be great to see an "ideal" lap time, where the best split times from all the laps are combined to produce a theoretical best lap.
That's available already. Navigate to Lap List, select any lap, and check the 'Results' section. The 'Virtual Best' is the last row in the results section. In case you want to see it as a bar chart, press the first row in the 'Results' section:

Zoom into the chart to see details. Press the small 'i' to get a legend.

- Harry
Old 11-25-2011, 09:11 PM
jbxea1
Advanced

Harry - "Virtual Best" is a cool feature, sorry I overlooked it when I was studying the data. Thanks for the quick response.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:26 PM
scottjua
Intermediate

Harry, when is there going to be full session recording and overlay???

I missed a huge drift almost save yesterday on an off recorded lap!

I'd be more than willing to let it process for a long time to have the whole session overlaid with the data.

Here's hoping!
Old 12-11-2011, 02:28 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scottjua
Harry, when is there going to be full session recording and overlay???
Most probably spring 2012.

- Harry
Old 12-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Does anyone have footage of harrys lap timer and Iphone 4S?
Old 12-16-2011, 06:15 PM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trj
Do you mean video recorded on the iPhone? I don't - the Tom Tom mount gets in the way. I sync it with my GoPro video using Dashware.

How are you guys getting video using Tom Tom...I heard someone say they figured it out. I certainly can't.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:21 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cannon1000
How are you guys getting video using Tom Tom...I heard someone say they figured it out. I certainly can't.
Once you have turned the TomTom to landscape (counter clockwise), you can shift it to left using the seldom used slider included. After you have done this, the view is free.

- Harry
Old 12-16-2011, 06:29 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Trj
The latest version of HLPTR is fully compatible with the iPhone4S. This video has been recorded with an iPhone4S:

The GPS accuracy is approximately the same as the iPhone4's. Video is FullHD (iPhone4: HD). FullHD is typically recorded using 24.2 MBit/s, HD uses 10.55 MBit/s. This means memory capacity is becoming critical, you may opt for the 64GB device. HLPTR v15 will have a setting to reduce resolution to HD (or below). Video overlaying takes approximately the same time on the iPhone4 and the iPhone4S - more processing power but more data to process too.

In case you need more info, please ask.

- Harry
Old 12-17-2011, 01:42 PM
gstahl
Instructor

Okay edit... Wow, just watched the 1080P. 1080P with fantastic (brilliant) looking overlay's from the phone in you pocket without $500+ of stuff, really amazing. Just need to find the right mount. Great job Harry!

----

Beautiful video, maybe my goto choice for lap video after seeing that. How did you mount the iPhone (what mount did you use)?

----

Need to figure out what I am doing wrong...

Also what is your actions prior to the start (I think I am doing some wrong which I do not have to do). Like... You come off the track review your time and are getting ready for the next session... What do you do to setup HLTP (do you restart the app or reselect the track, when you put it into the mode look for the start?)

My problem is that I think I have it ready and sometimes (other times it works perfectly) it never finds start or I think I have to push the record button (which seems to record all the laps into one lap).

----

One feature request. Take a session and re-analyze for laps to break it into laps.

----

Note, I think the product is great (and your video is beautiful). I am sure I just doing something funky in my setup (leaving at wrong place or wrong mode).
Old 12-17-2011, 01:54 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

First of all the video attached is a preview to LapTimer v15 - most probably available in spring 2012. This version will allow video recording ahead and after the timed distance. Furthermore it has some features not currently available - like the countdowns, POI inserts, and min/max speed display.

On your problems with automatic timing please read though this thread: http://www.gps-laptimer-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2

- Harry
Old 12-17-2011, 03:17 PM
gstahl
Instructor

Originally Posted by HarryS
First of all the video attached is a preview to LapTimer v15 - most probably available in spring 2012. This version will allow video recording ahead and after the timed distance. Furthermore it has some features not currently available - like the countdowns, POI inserts, and min/max speed display.

On your problems with automatic timing please read though this thread: http://www.gps-laptimer-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2

- Harry
Understood, Spring. =)

What mount did you use?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:25 PM
HarryS
Intermediate

Luxa2 H5, both mounted to the windscreen and sitting on the dashboard to reduce vibration.

- Harry

Quick Reply: Harry's LapTimer Pro