Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 Cup onboard- Chris Harris in wet, Hockenheim quali

Looks slick & fun, plenty of quick corrections & opposite lock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXIy0...layer_embedded
Old 10-18-2010, 05:24 PM
964C4
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Chris Harris is not only hardcore Porsche fan, but also a good Porsche driver !
Old 10-18-2010, 06:54 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

I like him a lot and although he ain't Tiff Needell he can drive and he is living the dream.

This was his Carrera Cup debut and managed to run up to 15th place in qualifying and in the very wet! Unfortunately he had an out in the gravel and didn't continue the race. The outline of the track in the wheel wasn't much help i guess.

John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiOXP-K1Zlc
Attached Images  

Last edited by 911SLOW; 10-18-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: added video
Old 10-18-2010, 07:36 PM
beentherebaby
Racer

Those conditions would wear a driver out in no time.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:03 AM
micahbones
Racer

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
I like him a lot and although he ain't Tiff Needell he can drive and he is living the dream.
Great old skool vid of Tiff in the 962 John! In terms of driving skill, he makes Clarkson & crew look like a bunch of monkeys.

No question Harris is living the dream, only automotive jobs better I can think of are being a full-time racer in WRC, MotoGP, ALMS, or F1.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:30 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Did you know that Tiff taught JC how to drive?

Also in the video it's nice to see Porsche testing the PCCB in 1989 in race conditions..
Those where the days race on Sunday sell on Monday.

Now next year will have the Cajun! OMG
Old 10-19-2010, 01:04 AM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Liked the video. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Boxster Coupe GTS
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Porsche Carrera Cup, round 9 in Hockenheim... (result)

Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland, round 9 in Hockenheim...

Nicolas Armindo claims championship title, Engelhart celebrates first win...
The Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland concluded the season with a turbulent, cliff-hanger race. The ecstatic winners of the final round are Nicolas Armindo and Christian Engelhart, the Nick Tandy as the unlucky loser. For Frenchman Armindo, fifth place in Hockenheim was enough to win the championship. “It’s a dream come true,” said the 28-year-old.

Christian Engelhart’s elation was no less enthusiastic. In his third season contesting Germany’s fastest brand trophy series, the German (MRS Team PZ Aschaffenburg) was delighted with his first win.

Second place in the 22-lap sprint went to the guest driver for Hermes Attempto Racing, Jeroen Bleekemolen. The Dutchman gave chase to Engelhart in the second half of the race, nibbling away at his advantage lap for lap until, with four laps to go to the flag, Bleekemolen was practically glued to the rear bumper of the leader’s 911.

The duel between the two fair rivals during the last ten minutes was a display of motorsport at its finest. At the flag, Bleekemolen, as the double champion of the Porsche Mobil1 Supercup, was just 0.2 seconds shy of the 23-year-old German. Trailing the two in third was another guest driver and vice-champion of the 2008 Carrera Cup season, Jan Seyffarth (Germany) from Team SMS Seyffarth Motorsport.

Nick Tandy, however, left Hockenheim deeply disappointed. For the five-time winner this season, everything went very wrong right from the start. With too much wheel spin, the Briton got away badly from second, and found himself embroiled in the start chaos at the first corner. Shortly before entering the Motodrom, a rival hit his 911 in the heat of the battle. Through this collision he was forced into the pits. Tandy was the most popular but by far not the only victim of the turbulent finale.

Guest driver and pole-sitter René Rast (Germany, Farnbacher Racing PZN) was holding a clear lead when he slipped on coolant on the track and the journey into the gravel trap at the Motodrom entrance damaged his 911’s fan belt, signalling the end of his charge. Britain’s Sean Edwards (Team Deutsche Post by tolimit), who had taken up the race from fourth, also fell victim to the skirmishes of the first two laps.

And as Slovakia’s Stefan Rosina (Förch Racing) was on his way to a probable podium result, his race ended prematurely in a tyre stack in the Sachs corner.
Martin Ragginger, however, was thrilled with the conciliatory conclusion to the season – just as he had hoped for. Driving for Schnabl Engineering, the Austrian added a fine fourth place to his three podium results from the first half of the season. Behind him, Nicolas Armindo brought home fifth ahead of his teammate Philipp Wlazik, who celebrated his 24th birthday yesterday.

Sixth in Hockenheim was the eighth top ten placing for the German. Sascha Maassen was also pleased to have avoided the many scuffles along the way. Competing for Team Deutsche Post by tolimit, the German yielded a decent seventh ahead of his compatriot, David Mengesdorf (SMS Seyffarth Motorsport).

Another driver with good reason to celebrate was the journalist and amateur racer Chris Harris...

Reporting worldwide of his experiences in the cockpit of the black VIP-Porsche fielded by Porsche AG, the Briton finished a sensational 14th – despite it being his first ever race with the 450 hp Porsche 911 GT3 Cup. “Fantastic, I had a ball,” said Harris. “But most of all I take my hat off to this top class field.”

Christian Engelhart (winner): “What a huge race. It’s awesome to win from sixth on the grid. I was almost kicked out in the first lap when someone nudged my 911 from behind but managed to recover. Luckily for me, Jan Seyffarth slid on coolant in front of me so I was well warned by this. When Jeroen suddenly closed in on me I had to somehow shake him off and that’s when I set my fastest race lap in the final lap.”

Jeroen Bleekemolen (second): “Now that was a fun race. I quickly moved into third but fell back to sixth when someone shoved me. At first I was behind Nicolas but then I noticed that my car was running so well that I could make up places. It wasn’t enough to win but second place is great.”

Jan Seyffarth (third): “What a shame, René and I could easily have won the race. But at the entrance to the Motodrom the marshals didn’t bring out any flags although there was coolant on the track. René and I slid on it. He went off and luckily I continued and demonstrated that I could still bring home third place at my guest start. Perhaps I’ll come back next year.”

Race result

1. Christian Engelhart (D), MRS Team PZ Aschaffenburg, 33.44.017 minutes (146.190 km/h)
2. Jeroen Bleekemolen (NL), Hermes Attempto Racing, + 0.296 seconds

3. Jan Seyffarth (D), SMS Seyffarth Motorsport, + 7.203

4. Martin Ragginger (A), Schnabl Engineering, + 9.477

5. Nicolas Armindo (F), Hermes Attempto Racing, + 10.622

6. Philipp Wlazik (D), Hermes Attempto Racing, + 14.578

7. Sascha Maassen (D), Team Deutsche Post by tolimit, + 15.501

14. Chris Harris (GB), Porsche Motorsport (Evo magazine)

Drivers’ classification after 9 of 9 races

1. Nicolas Armindo (F), 142 points

2. Nick Tandy (GB), 121

3. Uwe Alzen (D), 98

4. Robert Renauer (D), 96

5. Martin Ragginger (A), 79

6. Philipp Wlazik (D), 77

Team classification after 9 of 9 races

1. Hermes Attempto Racing, 244 points

2. Herberth Motorsport PZ Olympiapark, 205

3. Konrad Motorsport, 192

Source: Porsche Motorsport

...congratulations to Chris Harris!

Old 10-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Boxster Coupe GTS
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Porsche Carrera Cup, round 9 in Hockenheim... (result)

Also worth checking out the full HD video of the Carrera Cup qualifying lap in full screen...

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHarrismonkey

...impressive peddling by Chris Harris!

Attached Images  
Old 10-20-2010, 03:32 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you seen his 'ring video in the old gen 911? I miss the sound of the old-school air cooled cars!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crZHTvXbkPw
Old 10-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxster Coupe GTS
Guest driver and pole-sitter René Rast (Germany, Farnbacher Racing PZN) was holding a clear lead when he slipped on coolant on the track and the journey into the gravel trap at the Motodrom entrance damaged his 911’s fan belt, signalling the end of his charge.
Coolant on the track?!? Wonder how that could've happened.....?

Quick Reply: GT3 Cup onboard- Chris Harris in wet, Hockenheim quali