Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rangers FAIL
Old 10-16-2010, 10:02 AM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tell Young at 3rd base to sacrifice his body and get in front of the ball. His sidestep to the right was weak. The hot corner ain't for pussies. That play cost you the W despite a brilliantly pitched game.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just moving to the East Bay it makes me want to vomit each time I see someone with a Giants Hat or Shirt or Jersey; what have you?! Born in Raised in Long Beach/Los Angeles I'm die hard Dodger Blue. I just don't want to see the Giants go any further in the post season.

CJ kicked some but, Know my arm would be Jello after the first inning. Seriously I applaud any professional Pitcher since it is literally one of the toughest jobs to have in Professional Sports. That is beyond trying to hit a baseball in the majors.

CJ if you read this tell Colby that all of Bakersfield is A-BUZZ with his appearance for the Rangers. This is my first trip back here from the East Bay and it is literally what everyone is talking about.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Just moving to the East Bay it makes me want to vomit each time I see someone with a Giants Hat or Shirt or Jersey; what have you?! Born in Raised in Long Beach/Los Angeles I'm die hard Dodger Blue. I just don't want to see the Giants go any further in the post season.

CJ kicked some but, Know my arm would be Jello after the first inning. Seriously I applaud any professional Pitcher since it is literally one of the toughest jobs to have in Professional Sports. That is beyond trying to hit a baseball in the majors.

CJ if you read this tell Colby that all of Bakersfield is A-BUZZ with his appearance for the Rangers. This is my first trip back here from the East Bay and it is literally what everyone is talking about.
Dude, I was born and raised in So. Ca., born in Long Beach lived in Manattan Beach. I now live in No. Ca. and have for years, you have to support your local guys, I'm a Giants and 49er's fan now. Don't tell me you are still a Rams fan as well!!Being a Dodgers fan here would be like sending your car to GMG or RSS to have one of their bypasses installed when you have Sharkwerks right here!! CJ did pitch a beaut last night, to bad of the outcome as he was brillant!
Old 10-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
Dude, I was born and raised in So. Ca., born in Long Beach lived in Manattan Beach. I now live in No. Ca. and have for years, you have to support your local guys, I'm a Giants and 49er's fan now. Don't tell me you are still a Rams fan as well!!Being a Dodgers fan here would be like sending your car to GMG or RSS to have one of their bypasses installed when you have Sharkwerks right here!! CJ did pitch a beaut last night, to bad of the outcome as he was brillant!
When I'm in the Bay Area I feel like I am in Enemy Territory because of the Anti-LA Animosity.

Not a ScRams fan, still down with the Raiders though not totally die hard! Seems like I see way more people representing the Raiders than the Niners. My sports teams that I really, really follow are the Dodgers and USC Football. Back when I was in high school the USC Trojan Marching Band was recruiting me but of course I couldn't afford going there.

But enough of me going off topic.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:04 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kdurg
Tell Young at 3rd base to sacrifice his body and get in front of the ball. His sidestep to the right was weak. The hot corner ain't for pussies. That play cost you the W despite a brilliantly pitched game.
+1.... He knew it too. See the look on his face?....
Old 10-16-2010, 05:08 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Good luck CJ, I'm pulling for you!
Hate the yankees since the late 70s against the royals.
Please strike out a-roid as much as possible!
c
Old 10-16-2010, 06:11 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Outstanding effort CJ.... Was your Dad at the game?
Old 10-16-2010, 08:45 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I was devastated. I couldnt go to sleep till 3 AM.
But I did hear CJ on an interview after the game and
he said "hey its just one game" I am glad his attitude
was great. Texas Rangers Fans have a lot of heart break.

CJ did all he was asked to do. Shut down the Yanks and got deep in the game. He got alot further than the Yanks #1 starter Sabathia.
I told my wife after the 7th, Pull CJ let him get some therapy and ice, and rest. I dont know who decided
to let him stay, or if CJ talked Washington to let him stay. I thought it was more important to not over use CJ because the Rangers need him
one, maybe TWO more times.
I thought if Washington would have gone to the BP at the START of the inning it might have been different. I dont know that Washington puts in Oliver at the start. It might have been a right hander based on the lead off batter was that inning.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:25 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

It's all good! Texas 7 - NY 2!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:09 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Rangers FAIL
Weak 2nd post but here is the reply
NOT!!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:18 AM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great pitching last night CJ. Keep up the good work buddy!

GO RANGERS!
Old 10-17-2010, 03:07 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Two Comments-

1) CJ pitched one hell of game on Friday. My wife, son and I were glued to the TV until he left in the 8th, and then we changed the channel. We learned later that night about the loss and were shocked. CJ owned the Yankees, and it was fun to watch.

2) Some of the posts on this thread are purely classless. Rennlist is a family of enthusiasts, and one of "us" is pitching in the Major Leagues in the Playoffs. How freakin' cool is that! Show some support, or keep your comments to yourself and don't post. This is a closeknit group and we will not forget who you are...

-B
Old 10-17-2010, 09:14 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not a baseball fan, but this game I watched from start to finish.

CJ pitched a great game, but he can't win a game by himself. 3 pitchers relieved CJ and they did not put a show the level CJ did. Holding the Yankees for as long as 8 innings was a great achievement.

Anyone that knows baseball knows what a great game CJ played.

Keep doing that great work CJ !!! Don't kill yourself trying to make the game a one man effort, in my opinion you won that game, the 3rd base error (Young) and the infant pitching from the next two guys that relieved you made it happen against you.

Hey, be proud !!! you opened for the Yankees and kept them down as long as you could !!

Tivo'ing all your games and I'm not a baseball fan.

Quick Reply: CJ is pitching Game One against the Yankees