Advice please. $699.00 Insurance- New tires and Rims..>

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 10:43 AM
serpico1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice please. $699.00 Insurance- New tires and Rims..>

Morning everyone,

As you know from my earlier post, I am about to take delivery of the monster. Dealer called and asked me if I wanted to add the tire and rim insurance for $699.00.

Its for 5 years and covers everything, flats, nails, rims, etc. I am sure you guys are familiar.

Anyway, I know each Michelin is expensive, about $500.. each give or take. Did you guys take this?

Seems like a good deal and a no brainer for 5 years coverage.

Advice and thoughts please.

Love this forum, and thanks in advance...
Old 10-08-2010, 11:13 AM
cay187
Advanced

i had purchased a similar package for my m3 and they do cover wheel and tire damage. just took the car or wheel back to the dealer and they replaced like the program states. i work in an industrial park which is why i was getting 4 tires a year from bolts, screws, metal debris etc. i think it's def worth the 600. it saved me at least that much and after the first 2 flat tires, it paid for itself.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:15 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,632 Likes on 759 Posts

I am the only driver of my RS and the wheels are sturdy and I do not use OEM tires, so I dd not get it.

On my wife's car, I did get it because the car is known for bending the OEM lightweight 3-piece wheels. My wife is an OK driver (German) and careful, but lots of family and friends drive the car, but also the car is often valet parked.

In less then 2 years they replaced 1 wheel (Cracked) $2100.00, repainted all 4 (Paint came off) and had to straighten 3 of them because they where not round. They took off curb rasch on 3 different occasions.

I think it is likely you will get your money back within 5 years!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:32 AM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

It is a no brainer. I usually don't buy any of the "after sales" bs, but this is worth it given the cost of tires (and wheels). I got a flat within the first few hundred miles in my RS. Dealership replaced tire under coverage, so it's paid for itself already.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:37 AM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by serpico1
Morning everyone,

As you know from my earlier post, I am about to take delivery of the monster. Dealer called and asked me if I wanted to add the tire and rim insurance for $699.00.

Its for 5 years and covers everything, flats, nails, rims, etc. I am sure you guys are familiar.

Anyway, I know each Michelin is expensive, about $500.. each give or take. Did you guys take this?

No-brainer at that price... my dealer charges $2195 for tire/wheel insurance (and it only applies down to a 3/32 tread depth on the tires).
Old 10-08-2010, 12:32 PM
brim
Rennlist Member

I fully agree, that is a great price on the ins.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:13 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by serpico1
Morning everyone,

Absolutely get it. I used it recently on my 10 GT3. One rear tire is around
$600. I got nails in my both my rears on the GT3 and got 2 new MPSC's. Had a similar problem on my Cayman S and it payed off there as well. SH&T happens. Victory favors the prepared.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:10 AM
brutus143
Instructor

I hope you guys realize your regular insurance policies will cover almost anything aswell.(except normal wear, intentional damage and mecahnical failure) Does this aditional insurance cover it for the full term, or once you have a replacement is the contract satisfied and ends? Is there a deductable? are tires prorated? Do you get aftermarket or reconditioned wheels instead of new OEM?

A few additional questions to ask......
Old 10-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get it do not think twice
this is the least costly I have ever seen this offered. Make sure it is through PCNA
all you do is call your service advisor and tell him what tire is nailed or which wheel is bent. You will have new tire or wheel in a couple of days. No $$ no headache....at least this is how my dealer handles it.

Quick Reply: Advice please. $699.00 Insurance- New tires and Rims..>