Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3RS Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010 | 06:04 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Default 2010 GT3RS Impressions

I tried to put my impressions of the new RS into a few words, I'd like you guys to preview it...
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Pano Submission GT3RS.doc (38.5 KB, 107 views)
Old 09-22-2010 | 06:10 PM
ritzblitz
Drifting

What is this for? Im reading it right now but curious if its for a magazine or what? Edit: Just saw Pano Submission. I see.

"It turns out that doing business with Porsche Motorsports doesn’t necessarily move "
Porsche Motorsport, no s. Right?

"When you first approach the car, the things that draw your attention are the special graphics and the Motorsports wing. Serious stuff for a road car! The graphics were something that I really did not like at first, but now that I have the car I love the graphics and contrasting paint design, so unique and “proper” for a vehicle with a Motorsports pedigree. "
I probably wouldn't capitalize "Motorsports" here. Unless you are referring to PMNA, but that wouldnt really make sense, and I think there is no S.

The article is good overall. I have two suggestions:

1. The introduction is long winded. I liked hearing about your racing career, it's really interesting, but it takes up a large portion of the article. I was looking forward to hear about the GT3RS impressions instead.

2. Id like to read a tad more about your impression of the car. You gave awesome details with what you described, but i feel like it was a little lacking. Maybe include more about the engine, interior, exterior? Give more details maybe?

I might just be expecting your article to read like a road and track or car and driver article. I'm young, unlike most of the Panorama readers. So the overall style may appeal more to them.

Like I said before, I like the article. Good job dude.

Last edited by ritzblitz; 09-22-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-22-2010 | 06:39 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cscrogham
I tried to put my impressions of the new RS into a few words, I'd like you guys to preview it...
It's an interesting read -- though a helluva hard slog to work through. Are you looking for feedback? It seems like you've got a great story to be told and you need a lot more than a couple of pages to touch on the long lists of historic references you've made.
Old 09-22-2010 | 06:43 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cscrogham
My impressions of driving this car for 2 laps of the Nordschleife vs the 996.1 and the 997.1 GT3 are almost indescribable ...

The handling of the car appears to me to be completely flawless; none of the previous generations little ideosyncrasies are apparent, you point the car it goes...

The gearbox is magnificent, and the engine is beyond words ... I can see why this car was capable of a 13th place in the VLN 24hr race back in May ...

The only thing you could do to improve this car is give it more bhp ... and perhaps this rumored special edition with the 3.9L RSR engine will provide that.

I wonder if in fact this will be the pinnacle of GT3 development, as I dont see how any 991 variant could improve on this...
Old 09-22-2010 | 07:02 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ritzblitz
What is this for? Im reading it right now but curious if its for a magazine or what? Edit: Just saw Pano Submission. I see.

Porsche Motorsport, no s. Right?

I probably wouldn't capitalize "Motorsports" here. Unless you are referring to PMNA, but that wouldnt really make sense, and I think there is no S.

The article is good overall. I have two suggestions:

1. The introduction is long winded. I liked hearing about your racing career, it's really interesting, but it takes up a large portion of the article. I was looking forward to hear about the GT3RS impressions instead.

2. Id like to read a tad more about your impression of the car. You gave awesome details with what you described, but i feel like it was a little lacking. Maybe include more about the engine, interior, exterior? Give more details maybe?

I might just be expecting your article to read like a road and track or car and driver article. I'm young, unlike most of the Panorama readers. So the overall style may appeal more to them.

Like I said before, I like the article. Good job dude.
You're correct on Motorsport. I get it, more car and less blah, blah, blah...
Old 09-22-2010 | 07:04 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
It's an interesting read -- though a helluva hard slog to work through. Are you looking for feedback? It seems like you've got a great story to be told and you need a lot more than a couple of pages to touch on the long lists of historic references you've made.
That's appropriate feedback, thanks. Hard to express the whole story with space requirements. For me its as much the emotional attachment to the people as the actual car, which is difficult to convey.
Old 09-22-2010 | 07:11 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Ok, here is my impression of the 2010 GT RS ...

brrrrrrmmmm ...

BRrrrrrrrrmmm ....

BRRRRRRMMMMM.....

skreee...............

VRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooommmmmm ....

nnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrr...

if you close your eyes you its indistinguishable ...

Old 09-22-2010 | 07:14 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Ok, here is my impression of the 2010 GT RS ...

brrrrrrmmmm ...

BRrrrrrrrrmmm ....

BRRRRRRMMMMM.....

skreee...............

VRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooommmmmm ....

nnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrr...

if you close your eyes you its indistinguishable ...

That's perfect, and fits any copy requirements! You need a soundtrack to go along with it though...
Old 10-05-2010 | 12:30 PM
tlwood99
Intermediate

Well written and all and an interesting read. However I didn't find it all that useful to help me decide whether I want the car. I would bet your article would be more appreciated if you distinguished between how the car works on the track from how the car works on the street. Is the car streetable to any one other than the die hards? Is it worth owning if you don't track the car? How do you distinguish the ride from the GT3? What options are you glad you have, wish you didn't have, etc.

Just my .02. Hope it helps.

Tom W.
Old 10-05-2010 | 01:38 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

It's no firmer than other spoertscars on street
Very streetable except low front lips
Worth it even not tracked but great if u do
Option are totally personal but get front lift if u want to driveit every where
Old 10-05-2010 | 02:21 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Overall I like your article. Sure beats the ridiculous cover story in Excellence this month with Patrick Long driving a GT3 and a Cayman S. That article was basically about a guy with a crush on Patrick Long.
Old 10-05-2010 | 03:51 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
My impressions of driving this car for 2 laps of the Nordschleife vs the 996.1 and the 997.1 GT3 are almost indescribable ...

The handling of the car appears to me to be completely flawless; none of the previous generations little ideosyncrasies are apparent, you point the car it goes...

The gearbox is magnificent, and the engine is beyond words ... I can see why this car was capable of a 13th place in the VLN 24hr race back in May ...

The only thing you could do to improve this car is give it more bhp ... and perhaps this rumored special edition with the 3.9L RSR engine will provide that.

I wonder if in fact this will be the pinnacle of GT3 development, as I dont see how any 991 variant could improve on this...
A great car, no doubt, and the best "streetable" track car out there IMO but always room for improvement. My wish list would include:

Firmer suspension, especially springs

Ability to disengage ABS

Ability to separately disengage TC and SC

Prepped for full cage, i.e, front and rear plates welded in (I'd ask for the full cage option but....)

Remove remaining rubber in suspension ala GT2 RS

More dedicated track seat option - move thorax airbag to door or B-pillar

A decent fire extinguisher option to go along with track seats

Less weight, but I could say that about any car

Last edited by Nizer; 10-05-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-05-2010 | 04:01 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

I like the intro. I'd just have more car stuff at the end. I was left wanting for more impressions on the car. Overall, well written and enjoyable.
Old 10-05-2010 | 04:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
A great car, no doubt, and the best "streetable" track car out there IMO but always room for improvement. My wish list would include:

Ability to disengage ABS

Prepped for full cage, i.e, front and rear plates welded in (I'd ask for the full cage option but....)

For the NS I dont think the car needs firmer suspension, I'd agree that it would be good to be able to turn TC/SC off independently, but too be honest I never felt it interfere at any time unlike M-Dynamic mode in the M3 I drove.

With RoW clubsport pkg you get the plates, better seats (CGT) and a better fire ext ...
Old 10-05-2010 | 05:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer

Ability to disengage ABS

I wonder if the 2RS non rubber suspension parts are interchangable with the 3RS?

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3RS Impressions