Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.1 GT3 DOOR REMOVAL TECH QUESTION?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,880 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
With the speed the stipper disease is spreading I think we should ask for a private forum it will be called rennlist strip joint and car/**** will be allowed.

Tom why you went for the cup doors and not a street carbon version? The cups are a bit tricky to fit and they lack side bar protection, also I think they are kind of expensive.

Here is mine naked of course..

John
John:

Pulled this image off Cargraphic's site. It's specified as a Boxster replacement - couldn't find the 997 version on the site. I see a side protection bar on this door in CF. Is that in addition to the factory bar or does it replace it? These are claimed to weigh 5.7kg. Just wondering what kind of weight savings you netted from the swap?

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2010, 12:50 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
John:

Pulled this image off Cargraphic's site. It's specified as a Boxster replacement - couldn't find the 997 version on the site. I see a side protection bar on this door in CF. Is that in addition to the factory bar or does it replace it? These are claimed to weigh 5.7kg. Just wondering what kind of weight savings you netted from the swap?

Thanks
Here you go for 997gt3 doors:
http://www.cargraphic.de/index.php?/...,3188/&start=6

With my door set on the 6gt3 I saved 19.88 kg over oem.

I would never buy a carbon door set without intergrated side bar and TUV tested (they crash test their TUV version doors and are better than oem) , unless I had a cage installed with proper x bars or a cage side bar upper than the side bar on the oem cage.

John

Quick Reply: 997.1 GT3 DOOR REMOVAL TECH QUESTION?