Savyboy brings GT3RS to Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 09:50 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,701 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Wonderful
Will u b at LS with CFRA or costal driving?
Old 08-28-2010, 10:24 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
Wonderful
Will u b at LS with CFRA or costal driving?
Wonderful is right my friend! I am going to try and do NCRC TH on Friday, otherwise it is sept 9-10 Hooked On Driving event at TH. Then Sept 18-19 with HOD at LS after that (unlimited sound, 108db of titanium inspired joy!). Sept 25-26 is Reno-Fernley! Yeah baby, my backyard for once, no hotel And it is such a great track, you and the rest of the Porsche crew must come over and do this event: http://www.hookedondriving.com/hooked-on-driving-events

John- I can't tell you what a knock on my confidence it was last week at LS with this damn thing clunking around. I feel like a load was lifted off of my shoulders. My tech was dancing a jig he was so happy.

OH- the rear blade sway should be ready next week! The fronts still have some issues we are working with Ira on to sort out. I have nothing but good things to say about Tarett customer service. Superb.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:25 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,701 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Then Sept 18-19 with HOD at LS after that (unlimited sound, 108db of titanium inspired joy!).
===> yes i will be there racing with PRC. are you in HOD's invitation run group or which one are you in?
===> my stripper is well within sound limit. perhaps i should dig a few holes in the pipe just to take advantage of unlimited sound day ;=)

Sept 25-26 is Reno-Fernley! Yeah baby, my backyard for once, no hotel
===> well then, when i make it out there, i shall self invite my self over. you have big tub and jacuzzi thing right? root beers. i like root beers.

i know what you mean. when the car makes funny noises, the driver gets worried.
you must be the first car with ira's blade bar on it. very nice. i used "still under development" as an excuse to nurse my empty wallet along. buying $4000+ worth of tires at POC event didn't help either.

Ira at tarett is top notch. do remind him u need his free T shirts for advertising. i got a bunch, i will roll it in 0W 40 before i start wear them to track.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,879 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
CLUNK FOUND AND KILLED!

After me and my tech have been tearing our hair out trying to find the clunking noise...we found it this morning.

I was hanging out in the shop and he had me in the car up on the hoist, holding the brake pedal as he torques the centerlocks. RR wheel...Torque-clunk, LR wheel, Torque-CLUNK. A-ha! So up in the air it goes and tech calls over another tech to assist with feeling every suspension piece as he torqued and released the LR center lock.

Bingo- the new LR lower control arm monoball! The joint inside the monoball was moving side to side upon fore/aft torquing of the hub carrier. I first heard it on torquing the RR wheel as it was transmitting turning force through the axle (Guard LSD baby!) to the LR hub carrier. But on torquing the LR wheel it was even louder clunk and we knew it was on that side.

So a rarity for Tarett stuff, we found a defective one. Knowing Ira, he will have one overnighted on Monday.

Tech and me are freaking thrilled as we were going nuts to find this noise. Moral of the story, don't give up and try everything to isolate a problem.
Well done. Good news is that each repair appears to get smaller and cheaper. Stay on this trajectory.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:04 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
Then Sept 18-19 with HOD at LS after that (unlimited sound, 108db of titanium inspired joy!).
===> yes i will be there racing with PRC. are you in HOD's invitation run group or which one are you in?

Sept 25-26 is Reno-Fernley! Yeah baby, my backyard for once, no hotel
===> well then, when i make it out there, i shall self invite my self over. you have big tub and jacuzzi thing right? root beers. i like root beers.

you must be the first car with ira's blade bar on it. very nice. i used "still under development" as an excuse to nurse my empty wallet along. buying $4000+ worth of tires at POC event didn't help either.
Invitational. I am going to let you work out the hot set-up for racing and then next year get you to tell me what it is. I'll give you root beer to loosen you up and lower your guard

Glad I could help you save money...lol. I always seem to be the Guinea Pig? Hmmmm

Originally Posted by Nizer
Well done. Good news is that each repair appears to get smaller and cheaper. Stay on this trajectory.
Thankfully! Whew! All I want to do is drive...lol. Ah well, comes with the territory I suppose. What good is life if you are not learning new things?

Oh, almost forgot- also replaced the front LCA thrust arm bushings with the Tarett pieces. I was having a bit of contact between the outer edge of the RF tire to the front part of the fender. Right about where the side marker light is. Shaved off a thread of tread there. Due to tech maxing track with top mount shoved all the way out, and LCA well shimmed.

The new bushings will more precisely locate the wheel in the fore/aft plane.

http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...a01-detail.htm
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Savyboy brings GT3RS to Laguna Seca