Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3RS Rebirth

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Md11skipper
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pete, glad to hear your car is now being transformed into a monster.
I also thought the bladed sway bars were still under development, did you get the hollow ones? The picture right above the wheel, is that a part of the sway bar link? Thanks for the update.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:51 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

good to hear you will soon be back out there
Old 08-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Thanks! I will post my impressions after the install. But I hardly remember how it felt before so maybe CarerraGT will let me borrow his car to do laps and refresh my memory
No problem. A simple wager will suffice: pink slips on the bench, best lap time takes all.

ps. I see something sandy in your sig ... any pics you care to share of the new banana flavored gas guzzler?
Old 08-04-2010, 01:32 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Md11skipper
I also thought the bladed sway bars were still under development, did you get the hollow ones? The picture right above the wheel, is that a part of the sway bar link? Thanks for the update.
the reddish/pink thing you talking about is the LONG front drop link
Old 08-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Md11skipper
Rennlist Member

Ok, and the other part attaches to the strut. I understand this setup allows a better response from the swaybar?
Old 08-04-2010, 01:41 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Ok, and the other part attaches to the strut. I understand this setup allows a better response from the swaybar?
yes, ira at tarett tried to explain it to me. i didnt quite understand. something about better geometry.
CGT or NJGT can probably put it in english that the rest of us can comprehend.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Md11skipper
Rennlist Member

Yea, but when I translate it back into German, it gets all garbled again.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:24 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Here is another photo of Savyboy's Spyder's Forged Alloys:

Last edited by ADias; 04-04-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,841 Likes on 955 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Haha- I am somewhat playing R&D here and he warned me as much. But some well known race teams have already done 95% of the legwork, I may just have some gentle teething pains. I really wanted cockpit adjustable but not ready yet.
Ooh. Cockpit adjustable sway bars! Now that sounds trick. Of course then I'd have to hire someone that knows what they're doing behind the wheel to drive my car....
Old 08-04-2010, 10:29 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Polarporsche
Congrats, looks like the RS will be ready to fly. Will the RS be ready for Laguna Seca later this month?
If the stars align and fate is on my side, yes the RS should be on track then

Hi Peter, I believe they are hollow? Yes, it is the link, see pic below. The front is ready to go, Ira needs to get me the actual bar portion for the rear yet. There is some question as to interference with tie rod when wheels are full lock. Supposed to be avoided by mounting sway "upside down". So I will be the RS Guinea Pig for the Tarett pieces. Farnbacher-Loles contributed to much of the initial development as I understand it.

Ira admitted he has been a slacker on finishing the development of these blade sways and I prodded him a bit to complete the project. I have been suspension tuning my Spyder and it is a freakin hassle to adjust the regular sways

The bar is incredibly beautiful in person, looks like it comes off a F1 car.

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
No problem. A simple wager will suffice: pink slips on the bench, best lap time takes all.

ps. I see something sandy in your sig ... any pics you care to share of the new banana flavored gas guzzler?
Thanks for the offer, but I think I want to keep my car

Hey! Mileage is improved by 30% for 2011! Hopefully arrives next week.

Originally Posted by mooty
the reddish/pink thing you talking about is the LONG front drop link
Correct

Yes

Originally Posted by ADias
Here is another photo of Savyboy's Spyder's Forged Alloys:
Cool!

Originally Posted by Nizer
Ooh. Cockpit adjustable sway bars! Now that sounds trick. Of course then I'd have to hire someone that knows what they're doing behind the wheel to drive my car....
It would be trick, get to work Ira! Geez! Enough with the 48 different suppliers of mufflers, someone get us some parts that make sense? I think you would do just fine behind the wheel yourself Nizer!
Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Savyboy is correct....if you oreder the wheels you should forget about them...I am on my 5th week of waiting and the word is they forged now so be perpared to wait should you order...they are not expensive wheels ( under 5k for 18") I am sure Mike will have a rate for a group buy.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Forgedwheeler
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great wheels take time

Many thanks to Pete and all of you for the support and kind words.
We are scrambling a little bit right now with 18 inch 997 wheels, including centerlocks.
We had a problem with the rear wheel forging and had to make a new batch. This should all be resolved in the next couple of weeks.

If you need 19 or 20 inch, delivery is 5 weeks for normal finishes and 6 weeks for custom colors.

Mike
Old 08-04-2010, 08:34 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ now u tell me.
i will have to order a set for my 2014 RS. i usually keep cars for about 10 weeks, 11 if i really love them. 3 days if not so good.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:21 PM
thusly
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Congrats!

Awesome upgrades Pete! You have really taken the car to the next level!

Perhaps one more mod - Motons or JRZ's - to allow you to really fine tune the handling????

Hope to see you on the track soon!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:10 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by malmasri
Savyboy is correct....if you oreder the wheels you should forget about them...I am on my 5th week of waiting and the word is they forged now so be perpared to wait should you order...they are not expensive wheels ( under 5k for 18") I am sure Mike will have a rate for a group buy.
The wheel quality, weight, strength and finish are superb, pricing is very very good, Mike is a very knowledgable man when it comes to wheels. Wait from order to receiving is WAY longer than any other part you have ever ordered.

As usual for me, as an early adopter, there was all manner of growing pains in the manufacturing process and my wait for my RS wheels was nearly three months. For me, it was worth it.

Seriously, just send Mike a check and then forget about it and be surprised when they eventually show up

Originally Posted by Forgedwheeler
Many thanks to Pete and all of you for the support and kind words.

If you need 19 or 20 inch, delivery is 5 weeks for normal finishes and 6 weeks for custom colors.

Mike
Mike-Loving the new wheels on Spyder, the steering and braking feel are greatly enhanced. The feedback is not dulled by excess rotating and unsprung mass. The surface finish after 5 track days remains perfect.

Any true driving/tracking enthusiast would love to have a set of your wheels on their car.

Originally Posted by thusly
Awesome upgrades Pete! You have really taken the car to the next level!

Perhaps one more mod - Motons or JRZ's - to allow you to really fine tune the handling????

Hope to see you on the track soon!
Fred! Good to see a post from you Super stoked to get the RS on track my friend. As soon as Spring Mountain temps drop back below 110 or so I need to come and get some drivers education from you. How is YOUR RS doing?

Oh, and thanks for the provocation to spend more money. Thanks a lot! Lol Going to save consideration of the shocks for after I become a better driver. I would have no idea how to tune them right now. Sways yes, shocks no.

Oh PS- Looks like some new rides in your garage! Seems the sickness is alive and well Nicely done!

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3RS Rebirth