Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT2 RS first drive IL

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:31 AM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

wonder if GT2RS wheels can be ordered on the reg turbo?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jason952
wonder if GT2RS wheels can be ordered on the reg turbo?
I checked with Porsche AG on this for their policy ... I can't read German, but maybe some can translate:
Achtung douchebag Träger. Was haben Sie gefragt, ist verboten, Sie Arschloch. Bitte lesen Sie Richtlinien "Nicht in Deinen kühnsten Träumen Sie Pencil Neck douche bag." Kommen Sie nicht hier mit Ihrem Finger Stossen und führen Sie die Sicherung knallen und Putting den Schraubenschlüssel in die Gänge und Brechen.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:58 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by niner niner seven
i love that car, cant wait to tap the used mkt for it in 5 years
ME TOO... Only car i'll go to from my modded GT2, i'm spoiled
Old 07-28-2010, 07:12 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I checked with Porsche AG on this for their policy ... I can't read German, but maybe some can translate:
Achtung douchebag Träger. Was haben Sie gefragt, ist verboten, Sie Arschloch. Bitte lesen Sie Richtlinien "Nicht in Deinen kühnsten Träumen Sie Pencil Neck douche bag." Kommen Sie nicht hier mit Ihrem Finger Stossen und führen Sie die Sicherung knallen und Putting den Schraubenschlüssel in die Gänge und Brechen.
Carrera you forgot to add:
Aber wenn Sie alle Ihre Dienste in Ihrem nächsten Porsche Zentrum haben dann dieses Haftungsausschlusses doesnt für Sie gelten versprechen, aber Du bist immer noch ein Arschloch

John

Last edited by 911SLOW; 07-28-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:06 AM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

"Achtung douchebag Träger"

Was curious about this sentence. Any help??
Old 07-28-2010, 01:47 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at the contradiction and cognoscenti irony of Sport Chrono and radio delete ...

Are you kidding? You can use Sport Chrono to log how much faster you are without the radio. It's obvious really;-)
Old 07-28-2010, 10:02 PM
timothyli
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at the contradiction and cognoscenti irony of Sport Chrono and radio delete ...

Noticed the Defroster Trim in Leather? You can see it from the leather covered center dash speaker grill. The car to my spec will cost CAD320K, base car here is 297K.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:36 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by timothyli
Noticed the Defroster Trim in Leather? You can see it from the leather covered center dash speaker grill. The car to my spec will cost CAD320K, base car here is 297K.

Well, at least it doesn't have leather on the air vents.

There's some details on that car that are a little disconcerting. It has stick-on front fender extensions f'instance. The red velvet cabin trim appears to be standard equipment -- hopefully no cost to revert to Alcantara in grey. Although it does have red stitching in the shifter boot and that seams (sorry) to be something Porsche "Exclusiv" gets wrong on orders. The silver paint on the plastic of the steering wheel suggests there will still be the option to pay a grand for a thick wheel and dark paint on the plastic. Groan. And there doesn't seem to be any paint protection film in the usual spot for wide bodies in front of the rear wheel.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:38 PM
hesperus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has stick-on front fender extensions f'instance.
as i understand it, the GT2RS does NOT have the stick on flares of the GT3RS.

rather, the flares on the GT2RS are actually integrated as one piece with the front fenders. can someone confirm? i seem to remember reading an interview with Preuninger (sorry, can never remember how to spell his name) where he pointed out this (expensive) difference in detail between the 3RS.2 and 2RS...
Old 07-29-2010, 12:59 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Seeing as I already see CF hoods and stickons on Nissans and Hondas. I dont know if this Porsche design job came from Stutgart or Compton?
Any other thoughts on that?
Old 07-29-2010, 01:37 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Seeing as I already see CF hoods and stickons on Nissans and Hondas. I dont know if this Porsche design job came from Stutgart or Compton?
Any other thoughts on that?
Producer of fast and furious Vin Diesel asked Porsche for this to be standard in order for him to include the GT2RS in the next sequel of the movie.

It will also help people in the pubs avoid having to open the hood to show their mates the carbon as they did with 996rs etc.

So i say its a good thing.

John
Old 07-29-2010, 01:53 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tough crowd!

My understanding is regular .2 2RS fender has stick-on fender flares, however, if you choose to pony up for the CARBON fenders, the flare is moulded in.

Quick Reply: GT2 RS first drive IL