Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You were in good company!!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:02 PM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 188 Posts

Yes, indeed good times with Rennlisters. Here is a photo depicting some of the chaos. "Mr. NASCAR" figured he would dive bomb turn 11 apex on the team yellow, so we just drove around him!

Thanks for playing..............
Attached Images  
Old 07-12-2010, 02:10 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inverterman
Yes, indeed good times with Rennlisters. Here is a photo depicting some of the chaos. "Mr. NASCAR" figured he would dive bomb turn 11 apex on the team yellow, so we just drove around him!

Thanks for playing..............
Haha... Great pic! This must have been the lap right before Mr NASCAR drove straight off 11 and deep into the gravel trap ending our session. I enjoy running with all cars but 110db idling, 1970's brakes, not knowing the line, and running open passing at Laguna?

Great to meet you Joe and Jim! Fast rascals!

Maybe there are pictures floating around of Jesse doing one of his infamous "pass on the outside of turn 11" manuevers?

Fun day, I just got home and am pooped. Will post video tomorrow of lead/follow with me and CarreraGT for a full session. A lot of fun to watch him sling that RS around. And see the result of oversize front and undersize rear tires on the RS
Old 07-12-2010, 02:23 AM
ArcticGT3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete,

It was a pleasure meeting you. I hope to see you there soon with my 997. Jenk, I'll meet you at RA in two weeks, with the 996!

Armando

To the Dutch boys coming to RA, sorry about today!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=savyboy;7726750]Haha... Great pic! This must have been the lap right before Mr NASCAR drove straight off 11 and deep into the gravel trap ending our session. I enjoy running with all cars but 110db idling, 1970's brakes, not knowing the line, and running open passing at Laguna?

There was much more chaos than that out there on Sunday. The highlight for me was leading the last session into turn 2 over a buck, not knowing if the oil the exploding Lotus laid down was going to provide for excitement in the braking zone

Loved to see the Spyder on the track but cannot wait to see the RS back on track! Post up some excitement, we will shortly.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Team Yellow diving in for the kill. Carrera GT allowing me to catch him. Suspension dynamics in turn 11. PCCB on a Boxster?

Stock Car resting in the gravel trap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4wmSPFi8M

Stuff you hate to see (driver/passenger ok, car totaled): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LGIamnlgbk

Lead/follow with CarreraGT (who knew he could dance so well? ): part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr1zcqrbxJM

Lead/follow with CarreraGT: part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiH--HvOY-4
Attached Images     

Last edited by savyboy; 07-12-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:16 AM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Inverterman will like that first pic in turn 11.
Nice.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:32 AM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Savboy,

Nice pics and videos!!!!

Also, where did you get the folding tow hook for you car?

Thanks for any info.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:08 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,629 Likes on 756 Posts

Thanks for posting Youtubes Almost like being ther. Never been, except for in video games.
Need to do West coast tracks!!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Lead/follow with CarreraGT: part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiH--HvOY-4
That's a funny video.

Then again, I'd forgotten the part (at about the 5:00 mark) where the assclown in the S2K is apparently driving to audition for a job driving with a pro team (not) and goes two off out of T11 (looked ugly and slow from my rear-view mirror) then I get almost off the right side of T1 and ease off so he makes the pass before the hairpin (T2) to make sure he doesn't hit me (mumbling to myself "that *** hat is going to crash") ... sure enough he runs out of talent under brakes into the top of the Corkscrew on that lap. Really not fun when there's those drivers thinking they're infallible and driving wheel to wheel at a DE without knowing the other drivers, just risking their cars and their lives, uninvited. Sick of it.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:37 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by ArcticGT3
Pete,

It was a pleasure meeting you. I hope to see you there soon with my 997. Jenk, I'll meet you at RA in two weeks, with the 996!

Armando
Hi Armando- pleasure to meet you and your family as well, thanks for coming over to say hello.

Originally Posted by skxf430
Also, where did you get the folding tow hook for you car?
RennLine. Not cheap but built SOLID and looks good. The one on the front of my RS survived (sort of) a direct impact with the wall in my crack-up. Mangled but usable.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Thanks for posting Youtubes Almost like being ther. Never been, except for in video games.
Need to do West coast tracks!!
Yes, yes you do Peter! Your RS will look mighty fine cruising on "our" tracks! You and the East Coast Contingent should hire a car hauler and do a west coast track tour. Lots of friendly folks here to show you the lines.

Hey, if our Canadian friends can do it you can do it! lol

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
That's a funny video.

Then again, I'd forgotten the part (at about the 5:00 mark) where the assclown in the S2K is apparently driving to audition for a job driving with a pro team (not) and goes two off out of T11 (looked ugly and slow from my rear-view mirror) .
I forgot that as well and I was right behind him. Thought he was going to spin in front of me. There were some exceptionally aggressive drivers in that group for sure.

SpeedVentures and TrackMasters combined with Laguna Seca seems to have more aggressiveness in the open groups. Hooked on Driving tends toward very fast but very clean driving in open and emphasizes it is "driving" not "racing". NCRC was clean driving as well (such nice GT3 drivers!)

The PCA events, especially GG PCA also tend towards good clean driving from what I have experienced.

Each event host + location seems to draw a certain type of driver.

Spring Mountain and Thunderhill fast but professional. Buttonwillow and LS a lot of aggressiveness and sloppy driving.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 PM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Do you guys remember this beast? AC Cobra, 750HP, Slicked, SCCA Race car? Video shows that as a 1:42 lap with traffic. Very fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ribosdXRYmY

Last edited by inverterman; 07-13-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Added data
Old 07-13-2010, 10:36 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by inverterman
Do you guys remember this beast? AC Cobra, 750HP, Slicked, SCCA Race car? Video shows that as a 1:42 lap with traffic. Very fun.
Nice! Still, apparently, no match to the yellow 996 GT3.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:55 PM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

I had one of the Stanford University students in the car. Poor guy. He said he had never been around a track before. When we came into the cold pits I looked over at him and he had a smile from ear to ear. My exact words to the young lad were. "there is only one other thing in life that comes close to this, SEX!" He smiled and agreed.

But overall, I agree, there are some VERY aggressive drivers there with SV. Not sure what the trophy is but it was fun to let them pass, pressure them, then watch the ensuing chaos.

This a great thread and I know there must be more stories to share

Quick Reply: Rennlisters at Laguna Seca