Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Fun @ hot rod power tour

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Waterboy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun @ hot rod power tour

My son and I decided to take the GT3 on the hot rod power tour. When we got to Birmingham he talked me into taking him out on the autocross course. We ran 3 times then went back to the hotel for lunch..it was 95 degrees hotttt. We saw they were still running so he told me to go for it. so I got in line and I ran the fastest lap of the day and got into the top ten run off, then smoked them again with a faster lap. it felt good to have my son in the car and post better times than guys who run all the time in these events and wouldn't even give me the time of day since I was running in one of those "slant nose" cars. I saw one other Porshe owner that came over after my lap and he so happy to see me smoke the 200 + other cars. I tried to get him out but it was late. He had a black supercharged 1999 911. When the announcer said jokingly I had my son in the car for better balance, I noticed a few of the other top ten guys started putting their wife or friend in their car...ha. Any way a great way to spend time with my teenage son. Also he got to get his picture with "Miss Hot Rod" wooooo.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:27 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

pictures please!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Waterboy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[IMG][/IMG]
I did all the hard work and he gets the reward...

Quick Reply: Fun @ hot rod power tour