997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

HRE C93 Centerlocks for the RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010 | 01:16 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Happen to know of any empty cargo flights from SFO to FRA?
I'm thinking the same thing for next year summer, I have acces to enclosed garage spaces all within 2-5 hours driving of Spa and the Ring. What would be the real cost to fly our cars to Europe for 4-6 months?

I would just fly back and forth every few weeks.

Euro delivery inlcuding a few months insurance was also 6K, but the car would be stock, now it is all track prepped and we don't have to import export, just get temporary road insurance for driving in Europe. I did not do Euro delivery becasue it was still snowing in February..

Maybe I should have started a new topic
Old 07-19-2010 | 01:22 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Perhaps one of the photoshoppers here can take the color from a pic of your car, change the color the grey car with the HRE's, then change the wheels from red to silver ... ?
Old 07-19-2010 | 01:26 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I'm thinking the same thing for next year summer, I have acces to enclosed garage spaces all within 2-5 hours driving of Spa and the Ring. What would be the real cost to fly our cars to Europe for 4-6 months?

I would just fly back and forth every few weeks.

Euro delivery inlcuding a few months insurance was also 6K, but the car would be stock, now it is all track prepped and we don't have to import export, just get temporary road insurance for driving in Europe. I did not do Euro delivery becasue it was still snowing in February..

Maybe I should have started a new topic
maybe you should have started a new topic ...

I have looked into this "a little" ...

1stly you have to have clear title to the vehicle (to export/import)

its a LOT cheaper to send the car via RORO (roll on, roll off) ferries than to container or fly it I believe ...

Geico offer intl insurance from the US ...

You can temporarily import your car into EU for up to 6 months, and maintain the foreign registration on it (i.e you do not have to register it there) as long as the foreign registration is valid for the period of the temp EU visit.

Quick Reply: HRE C93 Centerlocks for the RS