Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Manthey KW V3 Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 06:12 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Manthey KW V3 Suspension

Im planning to have a Euro trip and pass by Manthey to install there suspension setup for my 7GT2.

Anyone has experiance on there KW V3 suspension setups?
Is it better than the Bliestein damptronics?
Old 05-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

You can not compare the two! The KW vs. Bilstein DA non PASM would be on the same playing field!
My Bilstein DA used on the Cargraphic Tuner Gt3 & TT are that good!
Bilstein engineers using Motec collected motion data to make this valving!
Compared to my past Motons DA they were easy to get set-up!

All I can say is you would not be disapointed with them!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:03 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Originally Posted by Z06
You can not compare the two! The KW vs. Bilstein DA non PASM would be on the same playing field!
My Bilstein DA used on the Cargraphic Tuner Gt3 & TT are that good!
Bilstein engineers using Motec collected motion data to make this valving!
Compared to my past Motons DA they were easy to get set-up!

All I can say is you would not be disapointed with them!

Thanks George , Im leaning towards Mantheys setup because i will have them set it up in here workshop since there is no shop local to me i can trust.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurbine
Thanks George , Im leaning towards Mantheys setup because i will have them set it up in here workshop since there is no shop local to me i can trust.
I think given Manthey's background and experience you can count on them to install and setup a quality solution
Old 05-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please keep us updated. My next mod is definitely suspension but I just don't think I have the patience and/or talent to deal with either Moton or one of the other 2,3 or 4 way adjustables. I would love a perfect PASM compatible system that was tuned on the ring since my hometrack is Sebring, and probably just as bumpy if not worse then the ring. Don't need a system that runs great on an F1 track since we never run on such a smooth track
Old 05-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik
Please keep us updated. My next mod is definitely suspension but I just don't think I have the patience and/or talent to deal with either Moton or one of the other 2,3 or 4 way adjustables. I would love a perfect PASM compatible system that was tuned on the ring since my hometrack is Sebring, and probably just as bumpy if not worse then the ring. Don't need a system that runs great on an F1 track since we never run on such a smooth track
gotta be bilstein then for PASM compat ...
Old 08-10-2010, 10:55 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Manthey update ,

Had the Manthey KW's installed today... tested in the Nurburgring...
First impression the car has more direct feel very forgiving , and there is zero under steer
The ride is not that harsh its like sport mode but not so nervous and at the same time the chassis is much stiffer..

I choose the Hockenheim setup which is a little bit stiffer than the Nurburgring setup

The car was very stable and settled in the bumpy areas around the ring , at one point i was accelerating full throttle out of a corner in 4th gear , and it hit a bump , it was so stable and did not upset the cars balance and rear traction.. much more confidence than the stock shocks..

The camber settings are as following

-3 camber front , -2.3 rear ,

I beleive this is mainly done to eliminate the safe under steer that Porsche fixed these cars in order for them to be more forgiving for novice drivers..

At first i was not 100% convinced, but after one lap things started to change..

Stay tuned for more..

Last edited by TTurbine; 08-14-2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Wrong information
Old 08-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I am happy to hear that it worked out for you!

When you say stiffer do you mean the spring rate and not the shock valving?

I have about the same camber on my car...a bit more on the rear.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts

Manthey update ,

First impression the car has more direct feel very forgiving , and there is zero under steer
The ride is not that harsh its like sport mode but not so nervous and at the same time the chassis is much stiffer..

I choose the Hockenheim setup which is a little bit stiffer than the Nurburgring setup

The car was very stable and settled in the bumpy areas around the ring , at one point i was accelerating full throttle out of a corner in 4th gear , and it hit a bump , it was so stable and did not upset the cars balance and rear traction.. much more confidence than the stock shocks..

One thing that i was surprised about the setup is that the front had more camber than the rear , which is the opposite of what most rennlisters are running ,

I beleive this is mainly done to eliminate the safe under steer that Porsche fixed these cars in order for them to be more forgiving for novice drivers..

Stay tuned for more..
+1... Never thought I'd call the OEM suspension "unsettled", but that was the first thing that came to mind after my V3s went on this week and I drove over the usual bumps on my way home. Part of it may be psychology--I was expecting this bone crusher of a suspension and it turned out to be firm yet very composed, at least in the first 200 street miles... then again we didn't put these things on for street driving did we...

Do you know what compression & rebound settings Manthey put you on?

Track impressions to follow after this weekend...
Old 08-11-2010, 10:20 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Originally Posted by Z06
I am happy to hear that it worked out for you!

When you say stiffer do you mean the spring rate and not the shock valving?

I have about the same camber on my car...a bit more on the rear.

George , I cant really explain honestly , I had the Hockenheim kit installed which has stiffer springs than the Nurburgring kit , really not sure about the valving but they did not recomend this kit for regular Nurburgring use.

I will send an email to there head engineer , regarding more details on Valving/ Spring rates etc..
Old 08-11-2010, 10:26 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Originally Posted by CRex
+1... Never thought I'd call the OEM suspension "unsettled", but that was the first thing that came to mind after my V3s went on this week and I drove over the usual bumps on my way home. Part of it may be psychology--I was expecting this bone crusher of a suspension and it turned out to be firm yet very composed, at least in the first 200 street miles... then again we didn't put these things on for street driving did we...

Tottaly agree with you here , i was not so confident with my car after i installed the power kit , but now its my first time in the Nurburgring and i am more confident than i was in my 2 minute local track back home!!!

I have the setup sheet with me but its in German , and i will scan them once i have a chance since im still hitting the Nurburgring for a few days before ending my vacation
Old 08-12-2010, 12:13 AM
luiscarlos
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had KW lift kit in my 7 TT and I had to return terrible handling after intalled....
Old 08-13-2010, 07:17 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Originally Posted by CRex

Here are the settings,
Damper Settings Front: Bump 1,50, Rebound 0,50; Rear: Bump 0,75, Rebound 1,00 (turns open)
Old 08-13-2010, 08:10 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Since these setting are specific to the manthey spec KWs probably they mean nothing to V3 users.
Maybe you could post the other settings height camber toe and bars, if you have them.

Thanks

John
Old 08-14-2010, 11:09 AM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you're supposed to have more camber in the front.

Manthey update ,

One thing that i was surprised about the setup is that the front had more camber than the rear , which is the opposite of what most rennlisters are running ,

Stay tuned for more..

Quick Reply: Manthey KW V3 Suspension