Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Any interest in titanium exhaust tips for the GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 05:38 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
LOL, iam not much of a wt weenie.
in my old age, image is everything.
as long as it looks cool
OK so you could sell yours and get ours if you like them better and still come out ahead

Originally Posted by malmasri
Alex: These tips are a work of art...they will sit on my desk for dailey admiration for a while before they go on the car.....
Thanks a million...
So glad you like 'em! Titanium is a pet-fancy of mine right up there with Carbon

I got a set here I'm going to be using as a paper-weight although once the AC comes on they might actually fall off the table they're so light

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
+1, they looked so good I installed mine yesterday, despite the fact I still have the bypass sitting in a box awaiting install...

Thanks Larry and I just heard James driving around back with the RS (giving someone a demo) with the bypass so I think you'll dig that sound too
Old 06-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

+1 on the carbon ...

cant wait to put the bypass on ... thats my Jul 4th project ...

I could not believe how light they were and how heavy the factory tips are! ... amazing!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:08 PM
911Thrasher
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thread revival - do you have any left? Contemplating putting those on my RS.

A part from looks, does it change slightly the noise/sound pitch of the car?
Also i heard that because they were of larfer diameter there could be some problems with the standard exhaust...rumors or true?

Cheers
Old 11-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Thrasher

Also i heard that because they were of larfer diameter there could be some problems with the standard exhaust...rumors or true?

Cheers
I have had them on my 3 for some time now .... I cant tell if the Ti tips change the sound since I went from stock to bypass+tips in one step ...

I have experienced NO problems with the bypass or tips ... so any rumors were exactly that ... totally imagined...

I can post pics if you like ...

do you have the shark bypass also?
Old 11-10-2011, 10:36 AM
911Thrasher
Instructor

no i don't - i run stock exhaust because here in the UK most track days are quite restrictive on noise level: static 101dB at 6000rpm (which is hard to reach...more like reving at 5,000) and 87.5dB fly-by !

Thank god hitting Silverstone next month where i don't have to worry about anything

I'm only looking for something which would me just a tiny bit louder and higher pitch...hence thought mayeb by changing tips i could achieve that - it did the job on the old air cooled 993s.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:56 AM
HaSSounGT3
Track Day

no i don't - i run stock exhaust because here in the UK most track days are quite restrictive on noise level: static 101dB at 6000rpm (which is hard to reach...more like reving at 5,000) and 87.5dB fly-by !

Thank god hitting Silverstone next month where i don't have to worry about anything

I'm only looking for something which would me just a tiny bit louder and higher pitch...hence thought mayeb by changing tips i could achieve that - it did the job on the old air cooled 993s.
Changing the stock tips out for the Sharkwerks larger diameter tips will increase the sound, albeit very slightly. On both my 07 and 10 GT3's I replaced the tips on the factory center muffler before I did a bypass and I can confirm it increases the sound just a bit...
Old 11-10-2011, 01:36 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by HaSSounGT3
Changing the stock tips out for the Sharkwerks larger diameter tips will increase the sound, albeit very slightly. On both my 07 and 10 GT3's I replaced the tips on the factory center muffler before I did a bypass and I can confirm it increases the sound just a bit...
Roger that! I've heard the same thing... I guess guess going from double-walled to single etc.. will do that just a bit See you soon btw!

We could certainly give that a whirl. A few people have said it ups the sound a tiny bit...

Cheers
On the Ti ones that was a limited production run. I don't even have any myself I'll be running these on my car(s):
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=173

Quick Reply: Any interest in titanium exhaust tips for the GT3?