Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

'10RS first track day at Sebring cordered Hoosiers

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:43 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwzqoNA1Pz8

Just looking at the video, I am again impressed what i am getting away with..
Old 05-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheater went out to practice. Since there's been no mention of lap times, I presume that our resistance in our slow Type 1 GT3's is futile. Can't believe that you can use hard suspension thru 1 and 17. Call you later
Old 05-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

wow all this with shorts and short sleeves. gotta love FLA

Traqmate is great.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:03 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Cheater went out to practice.
Haha, maybe I forgot to mention yesterday's practice run... :-)
Been waiting for you to catch on, why do you think I drive on Hoosiers Thursday hehehe...

Have a coffee, yes laptimes, right top 2:237 and 2:238.
Can go faster still. VS stock MKI, futile, yes.

But with all your mods, you have a shot Saturday, you're gonna like your gearing, but weird to get used to..

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 11-11-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:05 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

wow all this with shorts and short sleeves. gotta love FLA
Some groups we have to wear firesuits, very, very dangerous, I almost pass out in this heat and humitedy..
Shorts are much safer. Even much more safer would be fire suit with windows up and A/C on.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 05-09-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I raced last weekend, 94 degrees, no humididty, but wearing 3 layers of nomex head to toe was enough for me too. So I know what you mean. I wasn't criticizing, just commenting on how lucky you are.

I'm buying in Ft. Myers in the next month or so. Looking to join some good track groups when I get there. Any inputs?

The last DE I ran, I did have my a/c on and the radio as well, even with the window open it was great to have the cool breeze on me:-)
Old 05-09-2010, 09:47 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I wasn't criticizing, just commenting on how lucky you are.
That's how I took it :-) I just hate the suit, so i am always wyning about it ;-)

Track days almost ever weekend;
There are many more, but these are the groups I run with:
www.pbocflorida.com
www.chinmotorsports.com
and PCA
Old 05-09-2010, 11:45 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Eric u are dead meat
cheater had new hoohoo coming
this is gonna b good :-)
Old 05-09-2010, 08:48 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how has it been going figuring out how to heel/toe blip in the car? i remember you adh some issues at the outset. i was watching your sebring video and heading down the back straight into , i guess you call it turn 17 onto the final straight away to the finish line (lve only been there and run the modified short testing loop)...but it looked like you were barrelling down it at about 150mph in 5th gear, lifted a bit, rpms dropped you shifted either to 4th or 3rd and the RPMs snapped up after you moved the shifter...that is, maybe with the wind noise, engine noise, and anxiety of 150mph heading into that last nasty turn, you're missing a good blip. you get little subtle lockups you can rip some rubber off the tires especially on that turn. the turn at the hairpin looked about the same. just 2 cents , one of the things that came to mind watching yoru vid.
but great stuff dude. i love the passion!! very inspiring.

BUT GET A DRIVING SUIT AND GLOVES ON!!! safety first!! BE AROUND TO DO THIS ALL THE TIME!!! thats the prude in me speaking. lots of love for the rl trackies..just be safe.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Sure, same here, but I think I did not overdrive the car too much, hopefully posting video soon. Bad driving; Slow shifting, bad footwork, bad line, just getting used to the car, but I think I did not push too much yet..
When I say I am no Pro, I mean hack, I drive school line and just trying to figure it out as I go ;-)

Good stuff guys; Thanks.
i will back down the PSI on the Hoosiers, but they only got to 40PSI the last few laps when pushing they got 39/40, but those where my high temps at the end of the day, I kept bleeding 2 PSI, so I drove around a lot with +/-37PSI.
I have TPM on BBS, I know not accurate, but checked with my gauge also.

It was really hot, 93-95F, so that did not help.

With the new car, it's like they smoothed out the bumps 50%! In stiff! It might also be that the car still sits nice and high, no scraping anywhere the old car scraped.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Haha, I missed plenty of blips!

Thank you for the feed back, guys, all comments are welcome. Free advice.
A shame passion does not equal talent

Heel/toe is impossible on the street, so it is hard to practice on my way to work, I could and did do it no problem in the other car almost every shift, even on the road. The brake pedal on the new car seems higher and my seating position is very different.
I am now much closer to the pedals and I sit higher, the other cars' seat was much lower, no sliders (Sunroof) and further back.

So now I am getting used to the car, my leg is more angled and I have narrow feet, but I managed to heel/toe, but often I placed my foot too far to the left on the brake pedal and could not reach the throttle. I might put an extention on the throttle pedal if I can't get it right next weekend.

You are right of course, I have the suit, shoes, gloves, etc. I always wear 6 point and Hans. About 50% of the events I do they make us wear the suit (open passing.) and I wear it if it is below 70F out of free will, that's the best I can promise now
Old 05-09-2010, 10:33 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

get a cool suit. it's sooooo nice.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Haha, I missed plenty of blips!

Thank you for the feed back, guys, all comments are welcome. Free advice.
A shame passion does not equal talent

Heel/toe is impossible on the street, so it is hard to practice on my way to work, I could and did do it no problem in the other car almost every shift, even on the road. The brake pedal on the new car seems higher and my seating position is very different.
I am now much closer to the pedals and I sit higher, the other cars' seat was much lower, no sliders (Sunroof) and further back.

So now I am getting used to the car, my leg is more angled and I have narrow feet, but I managed to heel/toe, but often I placed my foot too far to the left on the brake pedal and could not reach the throttle. I might put an extention on the throttle pedal if I can't get it right next weekend.

You are right of course, I have the suit, shoes, gloves, etc. I always wear 6 point and Hans. About 50% of the events I do they make us wear the suit (open passing.) and I wear it if it is below 70F out of free will, that's the best I can promise now
Old 05-10-2010, 12:58 AM
jenk12m
Banned

thanks for the vid, nice driving and good to see the RS having some fun on the track
Old 05-10-2010, 08:31 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

get a cool suit. it's sooooo nice.
I know, but I barely fit in as it is. I am dieting, maybe then it will fit.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Eric u are dead meat
cheater had new hoohoo coming
this is gonna b good :-)
Mooty, dead meat indeed. Those times are where I'm driving in hot weather on my very best lap of the weekend. His first day out he does 23's. Very sad. I will die trying though :-)
Old 11-11-2010, 04:52 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Finally sub 2:21's:

I did a 2:206 also, but still uploading ;-)
Tires Toyo RA1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw4_Pw_yu5U

Quick Reply: '10RS first track day at Sebring cordered Hoosiers