Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Another center muffler delete post....

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 01:42 AM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice looking car and setup.

I know my gas mileage has decreased by about 50% since my SW bypass has been installed.

Go figure.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:42 AM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder how the GMG center pipe delete would sound vs the RSS? Nice write up.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:13 PM
mkozink
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update; post Mid Ohio report

Just returned from a weekend at Mid Ohio with the RS. When I initially provided my comments on the RSS X-pipe I reported a minor resonance at 3K-4K rpm. Allow me to rebut my original comment; there is no resonance that is a function of the design. I beleive the resonance I reported was a result of fasteners on the X-pipe that were not tightened adequately or needed to be tightened after intitial use.

In preparing for the Mid Ohio event I installed several items including track tires/wheels, adjustable rear toe links, front and rear 997.2 GT3/RS steel brake rotors, Carbotech XP10 pads, track seats to accommodate 6-pt harnesses and a roll bar. During prep I inspected the RSS x-pipe and noticed the x-pipe was pointing slightly up. In the process of leveling the X-pipe I found the clamps were not as tight as I thought they were or should be.

Long story short, once the clamps were properly tightened, the RSS X-pipe allowed the RS to speak in a most authoritative and glorious voice at all rpms while tooling around Mid Ohio. The resonance has been banished completely.

In the paddock people came by to comment not only on the car but also about the exhaust note. Sorry I don't have any video but the car ran great and sounded better than ever. I am going to report my on track experiences in a separate thread but I wanted to update this thread immediately.

Quick Reply: Another center muffler delete post....