Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.2 GT2 RS launched in Leipzig

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Al Pettee
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I just like watching that video i a loop from about 1:28 to 1:38 ...

Porsche should sack their marketing department lock, stock and barrel -- all they need to do is have that loop of video. Someone comes in and says "I'm not sure about the GT2." They watch the video. They sell their house and buy the car. Simple sales cycle.
And the tire squeal at 1:50 ain't too shabby either.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

It actually does not look that fast to me on the video because it is so quiet. The GT3 looks faster and sounds ten times better. Any word on possible pricing of this car in the U.S?
Old 05-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Riz
It actually does not look that fast to me on the video because it is so quiet. The GT3 looks faster and sounds ten times better. Any word on possible pricing of this car in the U.S?
For pricing, anything's possible. Some say $225K for the GT2 and $330K+ for the GT2 RS.

As for speed, keep in mind how far away the car is, how wide the ring surface is and how much territory (including elevation change) the car covers.

I know the exhaust note of Turbos pretty well -- when they get that "fluffy" ("like a vacuum cleaner with a full dust bag") it usually means the driver is well into the power band and at full throttle and full boost building revs quickly. When they make a deeper note, they're usually coming into the bottom of the meat of the torque curve and laboring (also known as "incipient rod bending" ... : )

The amount of high speed wheel spin as the car gets going and the driver hasn't fully released the steering angle is pretty impressive when you think about the speed and 325's at operating temperature. And nice to see how calmly the car found its line and straightened out.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:26 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

For pricing, anything's possible. Some say $225K for the GT2 and $330K+ for the GT2 RS.

As for speed, keep in mind how far away the car is, how wide the ring surface is and how much territory (including elevation change) the car covers.

I know the exhaust note of Turbos pretty well -- when they get that "fluffy" ("like a vacuum cleaner with a full dust bag") it usually means the driver is well into the power band and at full throttle and full boost building revs quickly. When they make a deeper note, they're usually coming into the bottom of the meat of the torque curve and laboring (also known as "incipient rod bending" ... : )

The amount of high speed wheel spin as the car gets going and the driver hasn't fully released the steering angle is pretty impressive when you think about the speed and 325's at operating temperature. And nice to see how calmly the car found its line and straightened out.
+1 (from experience of watching and driving those sections).
It is also amazing the amount of noticeable weight transfer under power. It is pretty similar to that under braking! (i.e. Gazillions of TQ)
Old 05-05-2010, 08:08 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 400 Likes on 273 Posts

I just like watching that video i a loop from about 1:28 to 1:38 ...
Video hot sections: 1:27 to 1:53 and 2:00 to 2:17
Old 05-06-2010, 02:14 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,399 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by cfjan
With only 300 GT2RS to go around world wide, maybe a "regular" GT2 is not such a bad idea? (since I'm guessing that the demand for GT2 will be higher than 300 world wide..)
or you go get a 2009 gt2 for 145k. lol

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT2 RS launched in Leipzig