Sharkwerks GT3.9 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I was bummed to read this, we know how much you enjoyed driving your GT3. I'm sure you'll have another P-car soon, and you can always come drive our cars when you feel the urge in the meantime!
Phone: 510-651-0300
Email: dan@sharkwerks.com

SharkWerks' Latest Updates on Twitter
Old 04-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
and you can always come drive our cars when you feel the urge in the meantime!
Awesome! I'll be there around 5:00-ish.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Uh-oh, I might be in trouble for that one.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
Uh-oh, I might be in trouble for that one.
Don't worry about it. Alex already assured me his wife has OK'd it for me to take the 3.9 RS to Laguna and Sears and work on some lap records ...
Old 04-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,843 Likes on 1,723 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
Here's another way of looking at it: If you want a well sorted out car this is it, you can go out and buy an 07 GT3 for say $70K send to to SW and have the 3.9 coversion done for say $26K suspension, wheels and and everything else I have done for maybe another $10K or more, then you do the math. Or you can buy a new 10 GT3 for for somewhere around $130K or more out the door. Do the math on this as well! I really love this car and am very sad to see it have to go.
Exactly. Maybe a narrower market but it's like hitting the lottery for the right buyer. I think you priced it very well. Sorry to hear about your situation. I was there last year. Not good timing for me yet so best of luck with the sale.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Here's another way of looking at it: If you want a well sorted out car this is it, you can go out and buy an 07 GT3 for say $70K send to to SW and have the 3.9 coversion done for say $26K suspension, wheels and and everything else I have done for maybe another $10K or more, then you do the math. Or you can buy a new 10 GT3 for for somewhere around $130K or more out the door. Do the math on this as well! I really love this car and am very sad to see it have to go.

As a consolation, I have to say, the snowboarding at Squaw for the last two days has been beyond my wildest hopes and dreams! Just amazing. Half a foot overnight Tuesday. Blizzard and dumping all day Wednesday and it's still getting cold cells today in blue skies and sun with dry snow falling. Amazing. I think those "global warming" guys have got something -- if the Mother Nature is dumping dry pow in late April (it's the 29th!) in Northern California ... AND snowboarder54 is selling a brand new 3.9 ... the world is in chaos!

Maybe I can "wrap" an Artic Silver 3.9 to look like a new RS and go "stealthier" ... ?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Avid Fan
Exactly. Maybe a narrower market but it's like hitting the lottery for the right buyer. I think you priced it very well. Sorry to hear about your situation. I was there last year. Not good timing for me yet so best of luck with the sale.
Not a good time for the whole world but I must say that if wasn't put in the situations I have been put in I wouldn't be were I am today. If I had not been laid-off from that $15/Hr desktop support job where I was living comforably I would never have been forced to SWIM because sure as hell would have sank! I would never have been forced to be creative, never have been forced to be resourceful, never have been forced to come up with ideas that have ultimately produced the income I have now.

I'm so grateful that I was let go because I sure would be driving that 2001 Mazda Protege. A great movie to watch is "Up In The Air" with George Clooney. That film is filled with plenty of life shifting moments.

Though these are trying times we will all come out of this period better than we were when entered it! I'm certain snowboarder will be cruising around in something just as inspiring soon enough.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,843 Likes on 1,723 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Not a good time for the whole world but I must say that if wasn't put in the situations I have been put in I wouldn't be were I am today. If I had not been laid-off from that $15/Hr desktop support job where I was living comforably I would never have been forced to SWIM because sure as hell would have sank! I would never have been forced to be creative, never have been forced to be resourceful, never have been forced to come up with ideas that have ultimately produced the income I have now.

I'm so grateful that I was let go because I sure would be driving that 2001 Mazda Protege. A great movie to watch is "Up In The Air" with George Clooney. That film is filled with plenty of life shifting moments.

Though these are trying times we will all come out of this period better than we were when entered it! I'm certain snowboarder will be cruising around in something just as inspiring soon enough.
Couldn't agree with you more. I'm an entrepreneur and have started or been part of five ventures since I started 15 years ago at age 23. I've since hit some pretty decent highs and this is my second time going through a "personal restructuring". After working solid for five years, my last company was extremely well positioned with a company-maker transaction that could've resulted in 8-10x returns and I went "all in". I even sold both my 911s and threw the proceeds at it but our counterparts dragged their feet and delays put us into the meltdown. You don't win if you don't play and this time it wasn't my turn.

It was painful for a few months but it is one of the absolute best things that has happened to me in a long time and for numerous reasons. I moved on and I'm now in a new industry that has significantly more upside potential over a longer term horizon and I couldn't feel more energized or optimistic about the future. Attitude and perspective are key to making lemonade in times like these. Best wishes to Snowboarder. I'm sure he doesn't need them.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:25 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 94 Posts

I am not seeing the ad in the classifieds section. Am I missing it?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:30 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 211 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
I am not seeing the ad in the classifieds section. Am I missing it?
https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...-for-sale.html
Old 04-29-2010, 11:05 PM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome car, good price, GLWS
Old 04-30-2010, 12:11 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First, it is very hard to find an 07' for $70K. For that price, I would expect either high mileage or something wrong with it. The typical comparison referred to here is to buy a new car or spend the same money on a older car + mods. The latter will always be worse on resale. Yes, the older car is worth less today due to already taking a depreciation hit that the new one has yet to take. It is also be worth less tomorrow as the newer one depreciates. You are also always worse from the resale side investing in mods. At best case, you are lucky if you can get $.50 for every $1 you spend on mods. For $87K, I think your car is a bargain! I really feel your pain from 2 sides. First, you spent a lot to get the car exactly the way you wanted it and now have to get rid of it. Second, I feel the pain for what you are about to lose on resale. I really hope for the best case that you get back to work soon and don't have to sell it.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:22 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

GLWS...
Old 04-30-2010, 01:40 AM
jlee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The system will not allow me access to this link. Is this on some special member only area?
Old 04-30-2010, 01:44 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,490 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee
The system will not allow me access to this link. Is this on some special member only area?
yes

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks GT3.9 for sale