Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2007 GT3 dealer trade

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010 | 11:40 AM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default 2007 GT3 dealer trade

I have my new RS coming in and my dealer offered $70,000 trade on my current 2007 GT3 (only 7,000 miles!!!) in Guards Red. Seems light but with the tax credit on the new car it ends up at $75,600. I installed several items which I would remove and sell separately to bring the car back to stock and to gain some of the loss $$, easiest thing would be to sell the car with all items installed and call it a day. Best thing would be NOT SELL THE CAR since I absolutely love it and figure out why I really want the new RS that looks like a clown car anyway.

They are:
- GT2 Carbon Seats
- Carbon Fiber mirrors
- Carbon Fiber rear wing
- Carbon Fiber hood vent
- Carbon Fiber rear gurney
- Farnbacher Exhaust (and ECU flash)
- Powder coated wheels with new Pilot sport tires (300 miles)
- Roll bar

Here are my options:

- Find a rennlister that wants a properly set-up and not abused track car and sell it with all the goodies.
- Sell off the removable items separately and trade the car back to my dealer

If you have any interest in either please PM me and we can discuss details. thanks
Attached Images        

Last edited by Polar Peter; 04-26-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-26-2010 | 11:51 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

what make is the roll bar?

how much for the full package to rennlisters?

If the car ends up being traded in, definitely pull the exhaust, wing and seats! (assuming you still have stock parts)

I lover the wheel color and the car looks super clean.
Old 04-26-2010 | 11:57 AM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

It is the factory option GT3 bar from Germany, as most of you know you cannot even get this bar anymore so it's "pricelist".

Honestly I do not want to piece-meal this and would prefer selling the car as is or all options together.

Total car $89,000

Options listed $12,000 BUT....
- I would need a set of stock wheels/tires in exchange (could be balled tires for all I care)
- I would need a set of stock seats (I did sell my stock seats like a dumbass)

This car is a deal at $89,000 and not reproducible at that price. No paint, no damge, no stories.....
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2010 | 12:00 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Did you have to modify the club sport bar to fit the sunroof car?! Or you are able to fit the bar without doing anything?
Old 04-26-2010 | 12:09 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cfjan
Did you have to modify the club sport bar to fit the sunroof car?! Or you are able to fit the bar without doing anything?
No mod needed, fit right in. If you have any questions about the car please speak with Spencer *** as he knows me and the car very well...
Old 04-26-2010 | 12:58 PM
smf32s
Rennlist Member

I might be up for working things out for the seats. I have the sport adaptives. Could those work in your car?

Stu
Old 04-26-2010 | 01:28 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

the seats pictured are 996 GT3 Clubsport seats. Unless you have GT2 seats, I personally would keep these in the car as they are worth about the same as stock seats in used market anyhow so no need to swap em', however the exhaust and rear carbon wing should be pulled and back to stock. You can sell those items separately for a little extra cash vs. giving it to trade-in.
The wheels are fine and look great. No need to swap em. I really dig the look.

the carbon bits on the car might as well stay on for what it is worth to swap em'.

i suspect it will be easier to sell through dealer especially if they CPO, than private sale unless a R-Lister chimes in for this great example of a 3.......

at todays market on used 997GT3's, the trade-in is decent with tax credit, as the dealer will have to sit and find a buyer for a small profit which is the norm.

But that being said, with new tires and being a PCCB car they should either up the trade-in a little more or at least give you a sticker price on new RS.
Old 04-26-2010 | 02:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
the seats pictured are 996 GT3 Clubsport seats. Unless you have GT2 seats, I personally would keep these in the car as they are worth about the same as stock seats in used market anyhow so no need to swap em', however the exhaust and rear carbon wing should be pulled and back to stock. You can sell those items separately for a little extra cash vs. giving it to trade-in.
The wheels are fine and look great. No need to swap em. I really dig the look.

the carbon bits on the car might as well stay on for what it is worth to swap em'.

i suspect it will be easier to sell through dealer especially if they CPO, than private sale unless a R-Lister chimes in for this great example of a 3.......

at todays market on used 997GT3's, the trade-in is decent with tax credit, as the dealer will have to sit and find a buyer for a small profit which is the norm.

But that being said, with new tires and being a PCCB car they should either up the trade-in a little more or at least give you a sticker price on new RS.
what tax savings are we referring to here?
Old 04-26-2010 | 02:20 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Instead of selling, if he trades the car in and get another car from the dealer, he will only need to pay sales tax on the difference...
Old 04-26-2010 | 02:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cfjan
Instead of selling, if he trades the car in and get another car from the dealer, he will only need to pay sales tax on the difference...
cool ... I dont think we have that option in Ca!
Old 04-26-2010 | 02:57 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
the seats pictured are 996 GT3 Clubsport seats. Unless you have GT2 seats, .
Yes this was pre-GT2 seats being installed
Old 04-26-2010 | 04:18 PM
D-Uber Cars
Racer

From what I understand, no such tax credit in great state of CA. You pay full sales tax on a new car regardless of trade in value.
Very nice GT3 BTW.
G/L with the sale
Old 04-26-2010 | 04:34 PM
jenk12m
Banned

if you do part out, i will be willing to buy the roll bar. the stealer is always trying to make a profit, so they will buy it for 70k and try to sell it for 80k
Old 04-26-2010 | 04:43 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I think 70 is a little low ... although with the tax credit it is getting closer to a FMV for a tradein
Old 04-26-2010 | 04:44 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Yeah, would be interested to hear how much you are asking for the rollbar too if you are partying it out.. !

Good luck w/ the sale!!

Quick Reply: 2007 GT3 dealer trade