Delivery miles - 54 a little high?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CT911
Who would you contact at PCNA?
Call PCNA at 800-767-7243 and select option #3. Then ask for Joelean Costance (spelling?) for advice, and open up a Case Number. Record the case number in your file.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking the test miles at the factory. There was a Poreche commercial years ago, eighties timewise, that exclaimed each Porsche was test driven by one of Porsches test drivers. To be a Poreche test driver was considered to be one of the luckiest men in the world. I mean really?! That is all you do all day; take Porsches out on a little joyride.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:27 PM
bkcarrera
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm quite sure saw it parked in front of Hooters from another post.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:09 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bkcarrera
I'm quite sure saw it parked in front of Hooters from another post.
No, it was in Sabine Schmidt's driveway waiting for ONVESL status, couldn't have been at Hooter's!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Ferdie
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I strongly assume that it was selected for a (factory) test run on the street. If that is the case, Porsche should be able to retrieve the info via the VIN. In any other case, Porsche / PCNA should be interested to hear.

All in all though, I wouldn´t worry... Great car!

Last edited by Ferdie; 04-19-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Rich.
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I am not too worried about the fact that the car has that many miles on it. I am, just like yourself very curious to why some cars get driven. Your car also didnt sit very long at the port. The miles must have come from the factory. I did some research on one of our other new cars that came in with higher miles. it was a P4S with 81 miles. Porsche told us it was pulled off the line for a "quality check"
Old 04-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich.
I am not too worried about the fact that the car has that many miles on it. I am, just like yourself very curious to why some cars get driven. Your car also didnt sit very long at the port. The miles must have come from the factory. I did some research on one of our other new cars that came in with higher miles. it was a P4S with 81 miles. Porsche told us it was pulled off the line for a "quality check"
And of course some vehicles are randomly chosen for quality analysis reasons!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:12 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish I did it.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:32 PM
jimxyz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much all the new cars I've purchased have had less than 10 miles total - 53 is not much in the grand scheme of things, but that sure sounds like one of those brand new cars with dealer tags we see zipping around town in LA and OC. Not a huge deal, but it would probably bug me as well - something about buying a new car, you dont want anyone to have had at it before you. Not to add to the pondering, but the one car I had that had a suspicious begining like this turned out have been in a wreck at the hands of the dealer. They fixed it and cleaned it up all nice before I ever saw it and never even disclosed the history... Which is illegal here in CA. I now check the paint on every car very carefully.

Quick Reply: Delivery miles - 54 a little high?