Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Great report and photos!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
That was a very good "off" ... nicely done .. keeping it straight probably saved you finding out what a tow home and a new ceramic rotor costs ... : )

By the way, for your routine of long haul driving, I'd recommend upgrading to the 200 mile range tow service from AAA. Great value.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:39 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,266 Likes on 611 Posts

love the blue gold. I'd pick that myself. BW is a lot of fun in a gt3! what config did you run? did you have the long straight into star mazda corner or not?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:02 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Hey, in photoshop you can alter pics. The previous pic I posted was too small to see the change...
Ah-ha! I see now. Very artistic! I likee!

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
I just noticed that in pic # 4 with the way the sun is hitting your car it looks like you have the biggest front splitter every put on a 911, LOL!!!
That would be the snow shovel style splitter... I put it on early for the drive home...lol

You have a very good eye for graphics/photos! I did not notice that until you pointed it out. Some S2000's there actually had splitters that big...lol. Usually in Carbon Fiber. (Playful poking! No offense to my Honda friends! I love me an S2000!)
Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Look at the size of that rear tire!
You mention to someone the rears are 325/30's and they say "Whattttt?". lol Monster steamrollers for sure. Pics attached from TH also good view of rear tire earning its keep. Whew!

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
That was a very good "off" ... nicely done .. keeping it straight probably saved you finding out what a tow home and a new ceramic rotor costs ... : )

By the way, for your routine of long haul driving, I'd recommend upgrading to the 200 mile range tow service from AAA. Great value.
Thanks! You know, stuff like that doesn't even bother me although I try very hard to avoid getting so far out of shape. Never happens when solo, always with instructor in car...and I am not fully focused.

That is a great Hot Tip regarding AAA- Thanks Adam!

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
love the blue gold. I'd pick that myself. BW is a lot of fun in a gt3! what config did you run? did you have the long straight into star mazda corner or not?
All the colors look really good in person. Adam's white/red is stunning.

CW. Phil Hill to Sweeper into Esses, not Star Mazda. No Dog Leg, Bus Stop instead.

It is really something how beautiful the car is doing what it was built to do. Maybe a form following function thing. Whatever, a joy to behold.
Attached Images    
Old 04-12-2010, 11:51 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Looking forward to seeing you at Thunderhill this week. Great looking car, probably the best RS I've ever seen!

-Doug
Old 04-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Antonov
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Was it your first time running @ BW? Car looks great.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:04 AM
jyoteen
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

so was John C. your ridealong? Nice car!

I chatted w/ him today and he mentioned he was riding shotgun in a fairly new 2010 RS
Old 04-13-2010, 12:33 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by lawjdc
Looking forward to seeing you at Thunderhill this week. Great looking car, probably the best RS I've ever seen!

-Doug
Hi Doug- Yes, be sure to come over and introduce yourself. Thanks for the kind comments, when clean and not covered in water spots, road grime, and salt, it is really pretty, especially in the sun.

Originally Posted by eurotrashdtm
Was it your first time running @ BW? Car looks great.
Thanks! Yes, it was first time.

Originally Posted by jyoteen
so was John C. your ridealong? Nice car!

I chatted w/ him today and he mentioned he was riding shotgun in a fairly new 2010 RS
My info sheet is in the car which is in the shop so I can't remind myself of his last name, but from what he said that sounds like him! Great guy, good to work with. Very positive attitude. Thanks for the kind comments!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Max Power
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonderful photos! The registry has a new cover image:

Old 04-14-2010, 12:24 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Max Power
Wonderful photos! The registry has a new cover image:
WOW! I am honored! Thanks Max!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:35 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,659 Likes on 770 Posts

Very cool!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:53 PM
fun2k
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy

Thanks for the kind comments, I noted the S2000 body roll difference as well. I did flip the "stiff" button on and wish it was a bit more stiff to cope with the transitions a bit more smoothly. But I can fix that with driving style after I learn the track and can allow a micro second for the car to settle before new control input. No "bounce" at all with stiffie

I recall these cars are set up with more initial give, less initial stiffness to help keep tires planted on rough stuff. Then it is very stiff upon taking a set. So, a lot to be learned by driver to take what the car has to offer.
i had the same thought when i bought the car,i felt the car needed a more stiffer suspension setting, but after getting some alignemnt work done from a pro (front sway bay full soft,rear bar midium soft, slightly more neg camb up front) i am surprised how much diff it made to the handling. now i dont need to drive on stiff setting to get that solid road holding feel, the car feels a lot less lazy to direction changes and steering input is a lot more direct. i have non rs gt3 btw.

Quick Reply: Buttonwillow. 2010 RS. Pics. Quick Notes