Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

MEET: Malibu this Saturday 27th 9am

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gt2nxt
first of all, let me start by saying that i intend absolutely no disrespect by my question, as i am just trying to understand the motivation of gathering a group of cars to drive through the canyons. i would think that this attracts the attention of the highway patrol much quicker and more obviously than a quick run through the canyons on your own, and driving in a group can only be more dangerous (with egos involved and "racing", even though there is not supposed to be...). again, no disrespect... just asking what it is that motivates these group drives. i am a local, so i see many different groups meeting from every different car groups/clubs, and have never understood the attraction. for me, the less traffic the better...why bring your own traffic jam with you? annnd, why bring your own billboard sign to the local sherriff's department which brings their awareness of your "driving" into full and obvious view?? (of course, you are all driving at, or below the speed limit at all times, as am I).
thanks for the insight. i hope to hear some positive feedback so maybe i can understand and join you crazy nuts too! ha ha.

I agree! I always go solo with few exceptions!! But I have always been a loner.

Quick Reply: MEET: Malibu this Saturday 27th 9am